CPOB #89743

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

Been waiting all flippin' day for a courier to collect my macbook for service and they still haven't freakin' arrived
:evil:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
rien
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I live in a very resonant building, and my upstairs neighbours are hyperactive pensioners who never sleep and trample around as if they each weighed a few tons. At all hours. In every room.
You know these scenes in old-timey cartoons where a character has their head stuck in a large bell and someone strikes the bell? It feels kinda like that.

I can't really afford to move, but it looks like I have no choice.
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
mh
Above the Chemist

I lived next door to a guy who did that about 10 years back. Constant stomping at all hours. He also used to play Bowie's version of See Emily Play while doing so, and I've not been able to listen to the song ever since.

I've no answers, just a boat-load of empathy.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
rien

mh wrote:I lived next door to a guy who did that about 10 years back. Constant stomping at all hours. He also used to play Bowie's version of See Emily Play while doing so, and I've not been able to listen to the song ever since.

I've no answers, just a boat-load of empathy.
This actually means a lot to me, since most people I've told about this react with "you're overly dramatic/sensitive/spoilt", so: sincere thanks!
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
Pista
Cureboi

I have a neighbour below with a hyperactive child.
He tends to wake up at the crack of dawn & runs around the apartment in what appears to be clogs whilst making loud fire engine noises.
He then appears to start bouncing a rubber ball around the place. :?
His parents aren't much better. They seriously make sure that they shut doors & they sound like they go down the stairs on steel tipped pogo sticks.
This often leads me to crank the subwoofer up a couple of notches & sling on some Ministry or a Michael Bay film.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
rien

Oh wow, or rather: oh woe...
Twice when my neighbours were being especially hyperactive I put on Vision Thing, but I doubt the bass travels as well upstairs as it does downstairs.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

a terrible run of jellybeans :cry:

just when i'm gonna give up for the night a nice one comes along and thus starts the vicious cycle once more :oops:
Goths have feelings too
rien

paint it black wrote:a terrible run of jellybeans :cry:

just when i'm gonna give up for the night a nice one comes along and thus starts the vicious cycle once more :oops:
Is that a euphemism of some kind?
mh
Above the Chemist

A ghastly atack of hiccups. It's all my own fault, of course. I have no excuse. And that doesn't make it any easier :(
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:I have a neighbour below with a hyperactive child.
He tends to wake up at the crack of dawn & runs around the apartment in what appears to be clogs whilst making loud fire engine noises.
He then appears to start bouncing a rubber ball around the place. :?
His parents aren't much better. They seriously make sure that they shut doors & they sound like they go down the stairs on steel tipped pogo sticks.
This often leads me to crank the subwoofer up a couple of notches & sling on some Ministry or a Michael Bay film.
A passive agressive note usually works for me.

Where that fails, a horse head is needed.

(EDIT: Side note. What does CPOB stand for? Am I being blind and/or slightly inebriated?)
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

LyanvisAberrant wrote:(EDIT: Side note. What does CPOB stand for? Am I being blind and/or slightly inebriated?)
Cat Peed On Boots
Child Puked On Blanket
Corporate, Professional, & Organisational Bullshit

or

Currently Pissed Off By
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

my eldest cat died today
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
EvilBastard
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:my eldest cat died today
Sorry to hear that, Emily :cry:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Pista
Cureboi

:cry:
I has a sad now.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Oh. Sad to hear that ... :( ...
rien

Condolences, Emily. :(
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

my condolences. It leaves a hole that cannot be filled. best wishes x :(
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

there is a grey and white furry absence being felt in this house.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Condolences Emily.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

rien wrote:
paint it black wrote:a terrible run of jellybeans :cry:

Is that a euphemism of some kind?
nope, in amongst the strawberry, lemon etc.. are coffee and pepper and aniseed :x
Goths have feelings too
mh
Above the Chemist

emilystrange wrote:there is a grey and white furry absence being felt in this house.
I didn't post earlier Ems, and it's just cos I know only too well how much the wee friends matter. Hugs.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

emilystrange wrote:there is a grey and white furry absence being felt in this house.
deepest sympathies and tons of love to you Jo. :kiss:

our ginger girl has done her second disappearing act in 6 months. first she was gone for 3 months and came back half-starved and terrified. less than two months later she's gone again. 6 week so far. little buggers. :(
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

cpo, since I can't just go to a café or a pub or a bar right now and have a coffee or a beer with a few friends or among strangers ... and a few cigs.

It never occurred to me like today, that they have simply taken away, stolen my culture and there's no return and no reparation or compensation for it.
I feel entirely bereaved. Beyond comfort and substitution. What a f**k of a life.

:(
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

just seen mh's and lee's posts. thanks, lads.
a week later and it's a bit weird. we have two others, but they're still at the out all hours age.
they're not much comfort!
rien

Being645 wrote:cpo, since I can't just go to a café or a pub or a bar right now and have a coffee or a beer with a few friends or among strangers ... and a few cigs.

It never occurred to me like today, that they have simply taken away, stolen my culture and there's no return and no reparation or compensation for it.
I feel entirely bereaved. Beyond comfort and substitution. What a f**k of a life.

:(
I'm sorry if this is an ignorant question, but I'm still relatively new... where are you from/which culture?