the merry thoughts, complete song list?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:They were okay. Nice mastering on their first record - better sounding than Rosetta's. Song writing wasn't great though.
Totally agree - they were probably the closest to cloning TSOM sound, but in a humourless way. Other bands influenced by :von: and crew, such as FOTN and TON back in the day used The Sisters as a starting point to develop their own sound - like Terminal Gods do today. TMT and GOD/MN simply imitated the sound and are just second-rate carbon copies, hence the general lack of interest.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
robertzombie wrote:They were okay. Nice mastering on their first record - better sounding than Rosetta's. Song writing wasn't great though.
Totally agree - they were probably the closest to cloning TSOM sound, but in a humourless way.
Fully seconded. On the other hand, I suspect there was a quite humourless time for the Sisters between the departure of Ben Gunn and the release of Vision Thing.
Unfortunately returning later for a while...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Other bands influenced by :von: and crew, such as FOTN and TON back in the day used The Sisters as a starting point to develop their own sound ...
... entirely humourlessly either ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:- like Terminal Gods do today. TMT and GOD/MN simply imitated the sound and are just second-rate carbon copies, hence the general lack of interest.
Terminal Gods are great. I see no cloning The Sisters with them.
TMT and GOD, yes fully walking FALAA ... not so MN (and other German bands of the "genre") today ...
even German Goth Rock bands consist of people with a brain to develop ... haha ... and hey, they do ...
* no offence !!! I had to learn this myself ... anyway, I'm currently swaying my brain in these lovely sounds.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Whilst you're right about FOTN being fairly humourless, @Being, I don't think anyone could accuse Type O Negative of that. As for Merciful Nuns, all that sub-Nephilim lodge stuff is certainly original. At least with TMT, if you get past the blatant TSOM plagiarism, you could just enjoy the music for what it was, and they did do a couple of Iggy covers ...
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

They did Frozen by Madonna in Belgium once when I saw them, sadly I don't recall the date.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Whilst you're right about FOTN being fairly humourless, @Being, I don't think anyone could accuse Type O Negative of that. As for Merciful Nuns, all that sub-Nephilim lodge stuff is certainly original. At least with TMT, if you get past the blatant TSOM plagiarism, you could just enjoy the music for what it was, and they did do a couple of Iggy covers ...
As to TON you're surely right, Nikolas Vitus Lagartija. In fact, I couldn't possibly tell anything about them
because I'd only seen them few times in the 1990s ... I was referring to FOTN, neglecting that TON were also mentioned in that senctence ... :wink: ...

*noting to be more specific in future when replying in posts ... :) ...