Lizzy & the Banshees + Cureheads @ New Roscoe in Leeds

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

Just thought I might remind some of you on here who don't know about this gig.

Which is Lizzie & the Banshees + Cureheads . Which takes place on the Sunday 15th Febuary at the New Roscoe in Leeds.

Lets give John Keenan a thankyou and support for putting this on.

:notworthy:
I go to gigs, and if there is any money left, I eat
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Hunslet Ramone wrote:Just thought I might remind some of you on here who don't know about this gig.

Which is Lizzie & the Banshees + Cureheads . Which takes place on the Sunday 15th Febuary at the New Roscoe in Leeds.

Lets give John Keenan a thankyou and support for putting this on.

:notworthy:
Wow, John Keenan is still active and arranging gigs for bands ! That's cool ... ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

Yes 645 John's still promoting gigs in Leeds.

Only now he is usually just down to doing the New Roscoe tribute bands. Or sometimes the odd gig at the Brudenell, or Irish Centre, reason being John had a heart attack a few years ago. this stopped him doing the gigs at Leeds University etc.

Thanks to John we in Leeds have had over the years been spoilt with some great bands on at the Uni , and the Futurama punk gigs at the Queens Hall , plus the Branigans gigs.

Sadly a lot of the New Roscoe gigs don't get the crowds they deserve. These are on thursday or Sunday nights . Must be most people can't be bothered with work the following Morning.
Having said that , I do think we will get a decent following for the Banshees + Cure tribute bands next Sunday. I know a lot of people who are going to this gig. Should be a great night.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hunslet Ramone wrote:Thanks to John we in Leeds have had over the years been spoilt with some great bands on at the Uni , and the Futurama punk gigs at the Queens Hall , plus the Branigans gigs.
Also the Duchess was John's "thing" for many years. Sadly now a Hugo Boss shop but never forgotten.
Hunslet Ramone wrote:Sadly a lot of the New Roscoe gigs don't get the crowds they deserve. These are on thursday or Sunday nights . Must be most people can't be bothered with work the following Morning.
Having said that , I do think we will get a decent following for the Banshees + Cure tribute bands next Sunday. I know a lot of people who are going to this gig. Should be a great night.
I think also that the New Roscoe suffers from the "where the hell is it?" problem. I've lived in Leeds for well over 20 years and I've never been...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:I think also that the New Roscoe suffers from the "where the hell is it?" problem. I've lived in Leeds for well over 20 years and I've never been...
Top of Mabgate, not far off Sheepscarr junction/melee/free-for-all.
Four strings good, six strings bad
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I have my kids on a Sunday so can't make it, shame.
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:I have my kids on a Sunday so can't make it, shame.
I was just going to text you, then read this :(
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Norman Hunter wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:I have my kids on a Sunday so can't make it, shame.
I was just going to text you, then read this :(
Oh cheers fella, Sunday Bloody Sunday!
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:
Hunslet Ramone wrote:Thanks to John we in Leeds have had over the years been spoilt with some great bands on at the Uni , and the Futurama punk gigs at the Queens Hall , plus the Branigans gigs.
Also the Duchess was John's "thing" for many years. Sadly now a Hugo Boss shop but never forgotten.
Hunslet Ramone wrote:Sadly a lot of the New Roscoe gigs don't get the crowds they deserve. These are on thursday or Sunday nights . Must be most people can't be bothered with work the following Morning.
I think also that the New Roscoe suffers from the "where the hell is it?" problem. I've lived in Leeds for well over 20 years and I've never been...
Well Mark you should have paid the Roscoe a visit in all that time, Sunday might be the time then...

Yes i know it's not easy to get to if you live
outside of Leeds.

The other bad thing about the New Roscoe is if a band cancelled their gig say through illness etc, they don't update the info that the gig is cancelled on their website.

John does on his website if he is dealing with the said gig. And i believe he is doing this one on Sunday.

This band cancellation thing has cost me a couple of nights taken off work in the past for nothing. The Gigs being Rawmones & a Genesis tribute.
I now usually phone them up an hour before I set off.

Have seen people from outside the city with hotels booked to boot , not informed of ther cancellation. I know this does not happen much , but it
should not happen at all regarding the info on roscoe's website.

Do think Sundays will be OK , err... well at least one band should turn up.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hunslet Ramone wrote:Well Mark you should have paid the Roscoe a visit in all that time, Sunday might be the time then...
You're right that I should have gone; I won't be able to make it down this weekend though. :(
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

Another time then Mark , might be something on you fancy in the future, and they don't just have tribute bands on. I have seen Theatre of Hate & Dance Society down there to just name two bands.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'll keep my eye out. 8)
—Bertrand Russell
Methedrone
Amphetamine Filth

Hunslet Ramone wrote:Another time then Mark , might be something on you fancy in the future, and they don't just have tribute bands on. I have seen Theatre of Hate & Dance Society down there to just name two bands.
The guy on the board killed that Danse Society gig :evil: But JFK is still a legend in the People's Republic :notworthy:
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

Yes he did methedrone.

It does not help as well that Interpol are playing the same night. I would have gone to see Interpol again if it was not for the gig at the Roscoe , and my mate from Manchester did have a spare ticket for me for the Interpol gig.

Agree JFK is a still a legend in the People's Republic.
Long may he continue.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Hunslet Ramone wrote:Another time then Mark , might be something on you fancy in the future, and they don't just have tribute bands on. I have seen Theatre of Hate & Dance Society down there to just name two bands.
Was DS when we supported?
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

Norman, it was Sunday 8th June 2014.

And John Merrick's remains supported them, and they were great.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Hunslet Ramone wrote:Norman, it was Sunday 8th June 2014.

And John Merrick's remains supported them, and they were great.
Ahh, we supported 26 July 2012. I never got my pen back from Maethelyiah.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Grand times eh Mark? The Roscoe is great for tribute acts.

Shall be catching both these when they come up to the Cluny in Newcastle. Shall take my cowboy hat and aviators, try and get a three-pronged tribute photo!