CPOB #89743

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Last year during the Polar Vortex thing, there were temperatures measured on Mars (by the Mars Rover) warmer than some places in New York.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

sultan2075 wrote:Wait, what was the downside again?
You're pissing us all off with your bragging about fridges full of beer and fine whiskey. ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
EvilBastard
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:...the fact that it's colder here right now than it is in Siberia. :eek:
I'm so f*cking done with winter. :evil:
You still in CT, hon? I hear you - it's not much more down here in the Big City neither. Let me know if you're around and need a martini to thaw out in :D
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
sultan2075
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:Wait, what was the downside again?
You're pissing us all off with your bragging about fridges full of beer and fine whiskey. ;)

IZ.
If it makes you feel any better it's a bright sunny day now but still too cold for the snow to melt. So I'm probably going to spend it at the pub with a good book.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
rien
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Last year during the Polar Vortex thing, there were temperatures measured on Mars (by the Mars Rover) warmer than some places in New York.
That is a cool fact.

...I didn't even mean for this to be a pun.

Headache that feels like someone ramming an awl into my forehead, because I get my hangovers two days after the drinking.

At least now, after some excessive googling, I know the name for "awl" in both German and English and no longer have to refer to it as "that pointy thing that looks a bit like a screwdriver, except pointy".
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

sultan2075 wrote:If it makes you feel any better it's a bright sunny day now...
Whaaaaaaaat?! :eek: Must be nice! It's snowing here yet again... This sh1t's not gonna melt until May, ffs! :evil:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

EvilBastard wrote:You still in CT, hon? I hear you - it's not much more down here in the Big City neither. Let me know if you're around and need a martini to thaw out in :D
HA! No martinis for me these days, ol' chap! I do a bit of cider and the old pinot noir, now, that's about it.

I've not ventured down to Gotham in years! Perhaps I'll take you up on that offer at some point this year after the snow's melted (LOL!) - provided, of course, that my DH is also invited! :lol: :P :wink:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:You still in CT, hon? I hear you - it's not much more down here in the Big City neither. Let me know if you're around and need a martini to thaw out in :D
HA! No martinis for me these days, ol' chap! I do a bit of cider and the old pinot noir, now, that's about it.

I've not ventured down to Gotham in years! Perhaps I'll take you up on that offer at some point this year after the snow's melted (LOL!) - provided, of course, that my DH is also invited! :lol: :P :wink:
Of course he's invited! And there's all manner of opportunities for oenophilic consumption, not to mention no shortage of decent curry!
Hank Moody
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

SINsister wrote:
Whaaaaaaaat?! :eek: Must be nice! It's snowing here yet again... This sh1t's not gonna melt until May, ffs! :evil:
Whoooooops - I ranted too soon: the sun's finally out, w0000t! ;D

Erm...that's not very g*th, is it? :oops:
sultan2075
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:
It is nice - a beautiful day. 8) It's been a pretty mild winter so far in DC. Most of the storm systems that have hit you guys have missed us. For me, cold and bright is the ideal. Probably should have lived in Montana. So I'm happy.

We have more snow forecast for Wednesday and Saturday, though hopefully not much! My evening classes have had two snow cancellations already, and I don't relish a third. :von:
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Falling ill overnight, fever, cold and pain in the joints that made me squall in sleep several times ... :urff: :urff: :urff: :urff: ...
Pista
Cureboi

Soup for you young lady. Lots of lovely soup.
Get better soon :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Pista wrote:Soup for you young lady. Lots of lovely soup.
Get better soon :)
Thanks Steve ... :) ... that was a good idea. Still feeling weak but at least had no pain tonight ... :wink: ...
rien

Argh--turns out one of our two gigs next week is organised by people who've made it a "girls" only event, and we've only just noticed, meaning we can't back out!

I mean, I'm an adamant feminist, but the point is to promote female artists, not exclude male concert goers!
I don't even know if their concept of "girls" includes trans women. Not that that would help much.
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

rien wrote:Argh--turns out one of our two gigs next week is organised by people who've made it a "girls" only event, and we've only just noticed, meaning we can't back out!

I mean, I'm an adamant feminist, but the point is to promote female artists, not exclude male concert goers!
I don't even know if their concept of "girls" includes trans women. Not that that would help much.
That aint feminism, that's female supremacy.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Pista
Cureboi

BBC Entertainment.
Other than the news, it's the only BBC TV channel I have here in Hungary.
The best thing is that they show the programs with Hungarian subtitles, so it's great practice for me.
This evening, they are broadcasting the subtitles smack bang in the middle of the picture :evil:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Pista wrote:The best thing is that they show the programs with Hungarian subtitles, so it's great practice for me.
My hovercraft is full of eels.
Hank Moody
Pista
Cureboi

EvilBastard wrote:
Pista wrote:The best thing is that they show the programs with Hungarian subtitles, so it's great practice for me.
My hovercraft is full of eels.
Oh you
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

I had 88877...but the other guy had 4444? Full house vs Quads. I nearly cried.
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Debaser
Overbomber

Just looked and found out that the Sing-a-long-a Frozen performance I'd booked for this afternoon has been cancelled. Now before I get boardwise condemnation, I was taking two ikkle ones (my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)
To make matters worse, there's only an answer-machine to vent my spleen at.

Ah well, it's solved Elsie's dilemma of whether to wear her Elsa or Anna outfit :roll:

First world problems huh? You've got to love 'em.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Debaser
Overbomber

On another note - it's nice to see, that on the whole, the rest of Heartland are dealing so well with real-life and that things haven't annoyed them since 1st March.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Alex66

Debaser wrote:Just looked and found out that the Sing-a-long-a Frozen performance I'd booked for this afternoon has been cancelled. Now before I get boardwise condemnation, I was taking two ikkle ones (my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)
To make matters worse, there's only an answer-machine to vent my spleen at.

Ah well, it's solved Elsie's dilemma of whether to wear her Elsa or Anna outfit :roll:

First world problems huh? You've got to love 'em.
I bet that was disappointing for them though, its one thing adults having something cancelled on them but kids can be upset for days. My little one loves Frozen, but she also has got a love for loud Rock and Roll ;D and I mean loud.
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
rien

Debaser wrote:On another note - it's nice to see, that on the whole, the rest of Heartland are dealing so well with real-life and that things haven't annoyed them since 1st March.
We might have just been too polite and not wanting to trouble the forums with our grievances... ;)
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Debaser wrote:On another note - it's nice to see, that on the whole, the rest of Heartland are dealing so well with real-life and that things haven't annoyed them since 1st March.
That's cos real life has been so awful we've all slipped into deep depressions and haven't the will to post it here.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
sultan2075
Overbomber

CPOB: the academic job market. My wife and I cannot seem to find full-time positions in the same state. It is awful.
--