Hello

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
96belowthewave
Road Kill

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop by and introduce myself. I go by Riff and although I haven't been a fan of The Sisters of Mercy for long, they have quickly grown to become one of my favourite bands. It seems as though it's general consensus that Andrew Eldritch is a jerk, but from what I've read he seems like a pretty cool guy. I know I'd love to meet him.

Like I said, just wanted to stop by and say hello. Hope to see you all around the forums.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Ahoy! :kiss:
As first who respondiong to your nod I have a privlige to ask you one crucial, important question here: You coukd be the one: yes or not?
Pista
Cureboi

Noooob! :D

Wotcha & welcome ;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
mh
Above the Chemist

Hullo there new person! :notworthy:

Pull up a pew, grab a beer and tell us all your opinion of the mightiest Sisters B-side ever.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Welcome 96belowthewave and hi there, Riff ... :D ...

A lovely picture of Andrew. Looks like taken at a railway station ... :) ... cool ... ;D ...
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

hang up your cloak....and welcome!
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

96belowthewave wrote: it's general consensus that Andrew Eldritch is a jerk.
Great first post ! :notworthy: Welcome !
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Welcome to Heartland 8)
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

you ask one question, and they run away...
hello, if you're still there!
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
spiggymr7
Amphetamine Filth

Welcome !
Silver_Owl
The Don

Aye up. :D

Don't be afraid. :)
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Joy

Helloooo! :)

If you meet him you will realise how nice and charming person he is despite the rumours.
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
damagedone

hallo stranger,welcome :)
Keep Music Evil
Debaser
Overbomber

Allo :D
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
96belowthewave
Road Kill

Many thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. :) I didn't mean to respond to this so late-sorry about that!

As for Bartek, I'm sorry but I'm not sure I understand your question?

Like I said, I'm pretty new to the Sisters (so new, in fact, that I've gotten to the point of obsessively hunting down live recordings of their material online but have yet to actually purchase any of their music, on vinyl or otherwise). I also live in the 'States so the likelihood of me ever seeing them live isn't very good. Suppose I'll have to rely on footage of their old concerts instead. On a side note: I'm very fond of the songs Flood I/II, Burn, Possession, and 1959 at the moment.
mh
Above the Chemist

Well I guess you have to be inducted then, eh? No, it doesn't involve sacrificing a goat, it involves this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUJvfHidScQ

The Sisters have been known to tour the States quite a bit, by the way, so don't give up hope. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
96belowthewave
Road Kill

OH! That makes a lot more sense now. Haha, thank you for the link. I've never heard that one before (obviously).

I do know the Sisters have toured in the States in the past, but it's to my knowledge they haven't been in some time? Here's to hoping they return soon. :wink:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

96belowthewave wrote:OH! That makes a lot more sense now. Haha, thank you for the link. I've never heard that one before (obviously).

I do know the Sisters have toured in the States in the past, but it's to my knowledge they haven't been in some time? Here's to hoping they return soon. :wink:
On the first point, you still haven't answered the question !
On the second point, you might be right. The Violets have been back recently and it has been a while. I'm sure that they could still draw a pretty decent crowd in California, without a promoter having to take too much of a risk...
96belowthewave
Road Kill

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: On the first point, you still haven't answered the question !
On the second point, you might be right. The Violets have been back recently and it has been a while. I'm sure that they could still draw a pretty decent crowd in California, without a promoter having to take too much of a risk...
Right. Well, let me put it this way: I have a long-time lady friend who probably wouldn't appreciate that very much, if you get what I mean. lol. Appreciate the offer though. :wink:

It just so happens that I am on the other side of California and probably wouldn't be able to see them. Nobody interesting ever makes their way to my state, so I'd have to plan a road trip just to see the Sisters if they ever did come back.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

1st. hello
2nd. eldritch isn't a jerk. well done for noticing. all other opinions will be classified...
3rd. "you could be the one" is the b-side to the "more" single and due to its awesome rock nature and blatant humerous lyics is the song by which we are divided (if the Heartland could be so....)-

thus: "you could be the one" -yes or no? :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: