FPL GW29: Preview, update and review (Deadline 14 Mar 11:30)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

it's the only way to go, lee. the road system round here is terrible.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

you're not wrong actually. the A47 from yrs to peterborough is (even more) awful (than it is this side). :urff:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

which is ok if you want to keep people from coming in, but sometimes we want to get out!
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Johhny? All settled in and made friends with Julian?
Pista
Cureboi

I'm just cleaning the borrowed pen a bit.
Millhouse sort of gummed it & it got a bit gooey.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

And the votes have been cast...

It was a strange, low scoring GW where very few of us called the Alice band correctly, and crashed and burnt. :(

As Head Coach of IGM I apologise to the rest of the team for allowing myself to be lured into making money and allowing The Pen to used by the opposition in the opening post. The Pen has now disappeared and I'm writing this in Crayolaâ„¢. Rumours that The Pen is now being broken down and techically studied to build a vastly inferior copy in a former Eastern-Bloc shed have yet to be confirmed by the CIA, FBI, NASA and Dame Shirley Bassey.

IGM 374 - 396 EIB

GW29 differential: +22 EIB

Overall differential: +380 IGM

GW congratulations (spit) to our Gothic brothers (spit) and sisters (no pun intended) in arms. :notworthy:

The Yellow [s]kaftan[/s] Jersey...

...remains firmly stretched at the seams by FC Bennweg-Zeis 1921 (on Johnny Rev 7.0's Demis Roussos-like physique), whilst the...

...is jointly shared between forums with Damage Dunfermline (Nikolas Vitus Lagartija) and Charlotte's Carnage (GOD) posting a respectable 49pts each :notworthy:

I've no idea how you guys can share a BSO award other than in a Ramstein chorus type way: Mutter! Mutter! Mutter!". That might work. If you take turns. Note: There may be bilingual word play at play here. :wink:

I'm off to cut up a piece of carpet, superglue it to my bald head and try to earn £300k a week. It could work. :innocent:

Thanks to all who participated. :notworthy:

Due to the lack of reality, effecting fantasy, this thread did get a bit surreal at times. Which was nice. :von:

I'll now hand you back to the thieving Hungarian... :kiss:
Last edited by Johnny Rev 7.0 on 17 Mar 2015, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Pista
Cureboi

We had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun.... oh.... did we win this week? :innocent:

Some serious mishaps on the Alice band front for sure there.
& I'm sure Burnley cheated. I can photoshop their goal better than the BBC did ;)

Still working on the spring bit here Johnny. Paper clip wrapped around a match version was not a stunning success, but I am going for a joss stick for my next attempt at reverse engineering the pen.
You do still have the assembly instructions don't you?

We're still a long way behind, but this will give the lads & lasses a boost (premiership manager cliche alert).

Well played everyone once again & as we all ditch our Sunderland "stars" let's look forward to an even better GW30 at the Stadium Of Faith.
:notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Pista wrote:You do still have the assembly instructions don't you?
No. We have pens ten a penny in Pen Land. We can even find them (lost) lying on the street, on buses or trams. Or even steal them from work colleagues desks! :P

Oh Pista, how must your Magyar heart hurt in Pencil Land when you hear the freedoms we have in Pen Land. :kiss:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i have SO many colours here...
Pista
Cureboi

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:
Pista wrote:You do still have the assembly instructions don't you?
No. We have pens ten a penny in Pen Land. We can even find them (lost) lying on the street, on buses or trams. Or even steal them from work colleagues desks! :P

Oh Pista, how must your Magyar heart hurt in Pencil Land when you hear the freedoms we have in Pen Land. :kiss:
Actually, now you come to mention it, I stole dozens of pens from restaurants & diners when I lived in Texas.
Except in one BBQ place that had glued fake flowers to the ends of their pens as (& I quote their waitress), "we've had a spate of thefts." :oops:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity