Re-run of currently watching

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

The Cure at Austin City Limits 2013

I got freakin' soaked that night.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Big Si
School Bully

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

One of the best music doc i've ever watched. very good, leaves with question, not much answers, rather left questions. and what a strange dude Mr. Baker is.
rien
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

QI on YouTube. Fry was talking about an animal "with an extraordinary organ in its mouth", and just as I'd formulated a fellatio joke in my head, he said the organ is quite like a penis. :lol:
Also, Sarah Millican and I seem to cackle inappropriately at the same things.

(I swear, most of my humour isn't based on genitals, but on puns; there just happen to be a lot of the latter about the former and their various applications)
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Recently watched Seasons 1 and 2 of Twin Peaks, followed by the Fire Walk With Me film.

I'd only watched the first couple of episodes of season 1 when it was first broadcast sometime circa 1990 and tbh I thought it a pile of s**t, but having watched it all back now (in preparation for Season 3 in 2016! :lol:) I have to say I really enjoyed it 8)

The "Fire Walk With Me" film was utter cack though. None of the charm of the tv show (despite having appearances by Bowie and Chris Isaak) and by the end of it I was glad Laura was dead: she was such an annoying bint :innocent:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Silver_Owl
The Don

We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Kraftwerk Documentary on BBC 4 tonight
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

A night at the cinema. Bloody brilliant movie, Mr. Keaton has ball to play in such movie. Great black humor. :notworthy:
iesus
Overbomber

Stack in tv watching

Didn't know that Margaery Tyrell married Henry the 8th :lol: :notworthy:

*kidding :wink:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
rien

Saw this yesterday. It's thoughtful, hilarious, and gorgeous. And I'm not normally into animation that gives people weird proportions. But it's magnificent. And I suppose it's even more fun if you know about Mexican culture (which I don't).
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
Pista
Cureboi

& quite liking it too :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Gotthaaaaaam is on tonightt :D :D :D
The Missus and I are always incredibly exited on mondays. It's so engrossing.
Being a massive comic book reader, and a follower of the antics of batman for many years now, I gotta say I'm enjoying it more than those Christopher Nolan films. Anybody else watching?
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Pista
Cureboi

Yeppers, I am following this & loving it immensley.

Really nice take on the villians-to-be & love how the pop up in the whole scheme of things as fairly normal people (except Oswald & Edward).
Wonder if Ivy will feature a bit more.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
rien

THIS. MOVIE.

Wonderful, hilarious, ridiculous, over-the-top, stupid space opera trash of the worst and most opulent kind.

I'm going to quote The Mary Sue:

Let’s start with the basics: this movie is not The Matrix. This movie is not Dune. This movie is not Star Wars, nor is it The Fifth Element. No, this movie is like if all of those movies plus the music video for the Backstreet Boys’ “Larger Than Life� and the really weird parts of the Mass Effect trilogy all got really drunk at a party and had a massive orgy while H.P. Lovecraft filmed it. That’s Jupiter Ascending.

The plot is this: the Wachowskis were given an extraordinary amount of money to make whatever the hell they wanted, and what they wanted to make is exactly what we all, secretly, deep down, want to make: the big-screen adaptation of that Stargate fanfic you wrote when you were fourteen that really went off the rails and began to inhabit its own universe, complete with original characters, wolf-men, and bees. That’s Jupiter Ascending.

I mean, I want to have a serious discussion about the film’s plot, but I honestly can’t. I can’t because it just doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter! What about the plot could possibly matter when part of it involves Mila Kunis as the reincarnation of an ancient space princess who falls in love with a Channing Tatum-shaped half-wolf hybrid angel alien with anti-gravity roller skates and a great debt to pay off? That’s Jupiter Ascending.
[/i]
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

rien wrote:Channing Tatum-shaped half-wolf hybrid angel alien with anti-gravity roller skates
wat

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
rien

markfiend wrote:
rien wrote:Channing Tatum-shaped half-wolf hybrid angel alien with anti-gravity roller skates
wat

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes. Exactly. ;D 8)
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:Yeppers, I am following this & loving it immensley.

Really nice take on the villians-to-be & love how the pop up in the whole scheme of things as fairly normal people (except Oswald & Edward).
Wonder if Ivy will feature a bit more.
I think Edward is perfect. Riddler was always my favourite batman villain and holy crap have I been waiting for a good On-screen adaptation. The actor is a big fan of the comics IIRC, so he's gonna know how to pull it off :)
I think Ivy will be soon. Are you familiar with the comments the writers have given on her story ark?
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Day before yesterday: Snatch.
Yesterday: Whiplash - a true masterpiece and well deserved Oscar for J.K. Simmons. :notworthy:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Apparently ITV showed Carry On Henry on the same day as the Beeb had the series finale of Wolf Hall. Awesome scheduling (if true).
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Very impressed with Raised By Wolves. Haven't laughed so much in ages.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pista wrote:Very impressed with Raised By Wolves. Haven't laughed so much in ages.
I only managed to watch about 10 minutes of the 1st episode before I turned it off. I absolutely hated it!
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:
Pista wrote:Very impressed with Raised By Wolves. Haven't laughed so much in ages.
I only managed to watch about 10 minutes of the 1st episode before I turned it off. I absolutely hated it!
I wasn't sure at first, but started to warm to Della. Some of her one liners have me doubled up & I like the sort of eco warrior/ Clint Eastwood type of character :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity