Guitar tabs of the new songs

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
Husek wrote:
centurionofprix wrote: Anyway, lately I've been hearing Ribbons as G#m and D# rather than G. :von: That's part of why it sounds so weirdly romantic; it has that classical harmonic minor thing. Or at least I really like playing it that way.
You are absolutely right :lol:, two years a go in that conversation i had with Chris, i've asked him about few songs (Train, Dr Jeep, Flood 2 and Ribbons), and if i remember well, he told me that the current version it's indeed in G, and the Album version it was in G#.
OK, if that should be corrected in the SistersWiki you shouldn't hesitate to do so ... :twisted: :lol: ...
I can add my version; however, if you are an admin on the wiki, wanna approve my account first?
Being645
Above the Chemist

centurionofprix wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Husek wrote: You are absolutely right :lol:, two years a go in that conversation i had with Chris, i've asked him about few songs (Train, Dr Jeep, Flood 2 and Ribbons), and if i remember well, he told me that the current version it's indeed in G, and the Album version it was in G#.
OK, if that should be corrected in the SistersWiki you shouldn't hesitate to do so ... :twisted: :lol: ...
I can add my version; however, if you are an admin on the wiki, wanna approve my account first?
Done ... ;D ...
centurionofprix

Here's what I wrote for Ribbons~

Code: Select all

The song has two chords; G#m and D# for the studio rendition. Note that the rhythm guitar must be tuned down from standard E.

The rhythm guitar plays this in muted power chords; sometimes a clean guitar gives the full chords at the beginning of the bar:

G#m               D#
Eb|(5)--------------|(0)--------------|
Bb|(5)--------------|(0)--------------|
Gb|(5)--------------|(1)--------------|
Db|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-|
Ab|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-|
Eb|-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-|-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-|
(each note above represents two sixteenth notes. In the middle of the song, each chord is held for two measures.)

The main riff in standard tuning:

G#m                    D#
E|----------------------|-----------------------|
B|----------------------|-----------------------|
G|-------------6---4-3--|--------------4---3-4--|
D|-6-6-(lots)-6-6-6-6-6-|-5-5-(lots)-5--5-5-5-5-|
A|----------------------|-----------------------|
E|----------------------|-----------------------|

The live version is played one semitone lower yet.
of course, credit to Husek for the riff.
If vampires played music, it would sound like this
centurionofprix

I added a tab for Susanne to the wiki. I think it's the most accurate one yet, although I may have introduced some novel mistakes too:
Susanne

Also here is a midi file, which I couldn't find how to attach to the wiki but if that's possible it might help someone...
Being645
Above the Chemist

centurionofprix wrote:I added a tab for Susanne to the wiki. I think it's the most accurate one yet, although I may have introduced some novel mistakes too:
Susanne

Also here is a midi file, which I couldn't find how to attach to the wiki but if that's possible it might help someone...
Cool ... ;D :notworthy: ...

About the midifile ... all I know is this old page about ringtones ... probably absolutely outdated? I don't know. I've got no such device ...
Beyond that, there is currently no way to integrate audio files into the SistersWiki. MAYBE a change will be effected someday soon (before the next Sisters album), but ... :wink: ...
centurionofprix

well, I put a link from dropbox.

Also added a rough version of the new FALAA.
Husek

centurionofprix wrote:well, I put a link from dropbox.

Also added a rough version of the new FALAA.
First things first, thank you, i used to play new FALAA intro pretty much the same way, but i always missed a single note ( G| --3-- in case you were wondering which one). I've being looking for this note since 2006, all i can say it's thank you, you ended a decade of doubt.

Hope you don't mind, but I've fixed some notation (EEEEEE vs EADGBE), added a small tweak in the Ben's intro that i noticed back in 2009 when I was at the first row, (it's pretty much the same you described but with a palm muted D that i marked down as a X.

also added the Outro for classic FALAA, two versions actually one for single guitar as we know from Wake and another one for two guitars as in Disguised in Black Bootleg.

Now, would you enlighten me about this part? I'm not sure where it supposed to be played and playing it only by reading it didn't make much sense for me:

Second verse:<pre>
E|---------5------|---------5------|-----------5----|------------------|
B|-3-5-3-5----7-8-|-3-5-3-5----7-8-|-3-5-3-5----7-8-|-3-5-3-5-3p1--1---|
G|----------------|----------------|----------------|------------2---2-|
D|----------------|----------------|----------------|------------------|
A|----------------|----------------|----------------|------------------|
E|----------------|----------------|----------------|------------------|</pre>

Also thanks for contributing to this part of the wiki man, srsly, this is a project that means a lot to me, but in the last two years i barely touched it due life/work complications :notworthy:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
centurionofprix

Your own tabs have helped me greatly with guitar and the Sisters, hopefully someone else can get use from mine. Maybe with time, we can make proper transcriptions of the whole discography...

The doubtful part, (I think) it's how Ben plays what you've marked as outro for '85, "maybe it's not so easy / maybe it's a way too long". He palm mutes most of it.

Also forget the previous version completely, I made a mistake while writing it down. It should be more legible now.
Husek

Great :) Makes sense now!

I'll try to add more tabs this weekend, we can move straight forward and finish the whole FALAA album, do you know all songs from there centurion?
Project Personal Dok
centurionofprix

I have an idea about most of them and some have nice tabs or midis already, but trying to play Hussey's beautiful part after the chorus in Marian just makes my head hurt. :lol: Do you know it?
Husek

centurionofprix wrote:I have an idea about most of them and some have nice tabs or midis already, but trying to play Hussey's beautiful part after the chorus in Marian just makes my head hurt. :lol: Do you know it?
I know exactly which part you are talking about, is this one right?
https://youtu.be/niIFIsqGq_8?t=4m44s

We can try to figure it out, but when it comes to this hussey-ish riffs I'm not that good in my ear-to-tab skills
Project Personal Dok
centurionofprix

husek, i'm sorry for reneging on you without a word like that. some s**t came up and i got distracted, back now.

i wrote a rough tab of marian, including the bothersome after-chorus part. it took me forever but wasn't that complicated after all, wayne is just very slick.

Hussey &#40;listen to the record for the picking pattern&#41;
E |-0-------|-0-------|-0-------|-0-------|-0-------|-0-------|-0-------|-0-------|
B |-0-------|-0-------|-3-------|-3-------|-0-------|-0-------|-3-------|-3-------|
G |---------|---------|-4-------|-4-------|-2-------|-2-------|-0-------|-0-------|
D |---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|-4-------|-4-------|
A |---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|
E |---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|

Adams/Marx
G |---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|
D |-2-------|------5--|-4-------|------5--|-7-------|---9--7--|-4-------|------5--|
A |---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|
E |---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|

Hussey tremolo picking during the chorus&#58;
E |-12~-----|-12~-----|-10~-----|-10~-----|-5~------|-5~------|-2~------|-2~------|
After the chorus (based on the OGWT performance since it's more audible than on the album)

Hussey
E|---5-5----5---0-|----14-----12-----0-|----10-10----12-----0-|---7----9--7-0-|
B|-5-----5--------|-12----12-----12----|-10-------10----10----|-7----7--------|
G|----------------|--------------------|----------------------|---------------|
D|----------------|--------------------|----------------------|---------------|
A|----------------|--------------------|----------------------|---------------|
E|----------------|--------------------|----------------------|---------------|

Marx
E|----------------|--------------------|-----------------------|--------------|
B|----------------|--------------------|-----------------------|--------------|
G|----------------|--------------------|-----------------------|--------------|
D|-2~-------------|-&#40;2&#41;----------------|-7---------------------|-4--5-4--5-4--|
A|----------------|--------------------|-----------------------|--------------|
E|----------------|--------------------|-----------------------|--------------|

Adams
G|----------------|-------------------|-----------------------|---------------|
D|----------------|-------------------|-----------------------|---------------|
A|----------------|-4--4-4--4-4-4-----|-0--0-0--0-0-0---------|---------------|
E|-0--0-0--0-0-0--|-------------------|-----------------------|-2--2-2--2--2--
"Was ich kann und was ich könnte"...

Hussey
E|----------------|----------------|----------------|---------12------|
B|-3s5-5---5-----5s7-7-7----7-----7s8-8-8----8-----8s10-10-10-----10--|
G|----------------|----------------|----------------|-----------------|
D|----------------|----------------|----------------|-----------------|
A|----------------|----------------|----------------|-----------------|
E|----------------|----------------|----------------|-----------------|

Adams
G|----------------|----------------|----------------|-----------------|
D|----------------|----------------|----------------|-----------------|
A|----------------|----------------|----------------|-----------------|
E|-0--------------|-2--------------|-3--------------|-5---------------|
there's something more going on during the was ich kann part but i can't quite make it out, maybe it's alternating octaves because of the 12-string or something. the rest is up for criticism and improvements too ofc
spiderlegs
Road Kill

here are some backing tracks--bass, drums and keys (where appropriate) to play along with. some of them suck but some re ok.

https://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/bts/ ... _Mercy.htm

https://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/bts/ ... d,_The.htm

and more tabs

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/artist/ ... _mercy_364
Husek

spiderlegs wrote:here are some backing tracks--bass, drums and keys (where appropriate) to play along with. some of them suck but some re ok.

https://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/bts/ ... _Mercy.htm

https://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/bts/ ... d,_The.htm

and more tabs

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/artist/ ... _mercy_364
Do you know if they also offer midi files for some of those backtracks? Rain From Heaven sounds fantastic, and I'd like to run my own VSTs on top of it.

Now, centurionofprix I'm somewhat back in the music game, by any chance do you know the Bass lines for Romeo Down? I started to work on it recently, but if you have figured it out already, that will save me hours, if not days worth of work.

Cheers!
Project Personal Dok
majorsixth
Road Kill

h8 that guy. :lol:
Maybe too late but I hope you didn't put in hours of work yet my friend, because I do have a version of it. Or if you did, we can at least crosscheck our stuff.

Romeo Down main part&#58;

|Am                         |Am                        |Am                        |F
G |-----------5-|---7--4------|-----------9-|---5h7-7----|-----------5-|---7--4-----|------5-----|------4-5-4--|
D |-------7-----|---------5h7-|-------7-----|------------|-------7-----|----------5-|-3--------5-|---5---------|
A |-0-0---------|-------------|-0-0---------|------------|-0-0---------|------------|------------|-------------|
E |-------------|-------------|-------------|------------|-------------|------------|------------|-------------|

End&#58;

Em                                  D&#40;m?&#41;
G |-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|
D |-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|
A |-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|-7-7-7-7-7-5-5-5-|-5~--------------|
E |-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|
Plus some improvisational rhythm notes, slides and hammer-ons I think. Ben goes to the low E string on the final part, while I believe Adam played the end like I've written it.
It's a lot of fun to play.
well, there have been better plans
Husek

I was far from that, like crazy far lmao.

From the first bar, I was like (all on A string) 0 - 0 - 5- 7 or something like that.

As always, you nailed it my dude :notworthy:
Project Personal Dok
majorsixth
Road Kill

Romeo Down came easy after realizing the line goes an octave up, I had given up trying to figure it out on the low strings many times too.
Speaking of bass, do you know the line for Crash & Burn? It sounds like it does some kind of little figure besides following the chords before the guitars come in but I can't catch on to it.

Also very glad to hear you have some time for music again. I'd made a mess of things on my end so I've been away too but that's done, really want to learn some more songs.

Oh and PS.! I made a few Ghost Dance tabs inspired by Nikolas Vitus Lagartija's posts on the days after FALAA. Not sure where to put that stuff but would you like to see it?
Last edited by majorsixth on 13 Mar 2019, 21:25, edited 2 times in total.
well, there have been better plans
Husek

majorsixth wrote:Romeo Down came easy after realizing the line goes an octave up, I had given up trying to figure it out on the low strings many times too.
Speaking of bass, do you know the line for Crash & Burn? It sounds like it does some kind of little figure besides following the chords before the guitars come in but I can't catch on to it.

Also very glad to hear you have some time for music again. I'd made a mess of things on my end so I've been away too but that's done, really want to learn some more songs.

Oh and PS.! I made a few Ghost Dance tabs inspired by Nikolas Vitus Lagartija's posts on the days after FALAA. Not sure where to put that stuff but would you like to see it?
damn it, I didn't see this message back in the day, sorry about that bud.

So yeah, crash and burn bass has some shenanigans here and there, I'm not entirely sure if it's right, but there you go (it's a mid file, but you can open it using GuitarPro, or Cubase/Logic/Garage band etc)

http://husek.me/cb.mid

In case you can't open it here's the tab:

Title&#58; Crash and Burn
Tempo = 125
Electric Bass

G |----------------------------|-------------------------------|
D |----------------------------|-------------------------------|
A |--2h-0----------------------|--------------------2h-4-------|
E |--------2-----2--2--2--2----|--2-----2--2--2--2--------2----|

------------------------------|----------------------------|
------------------------------|-----------------2h-4-------|
--2----2--2--2--2--2--2--2----|--2--2--2--2--2--------2----|

------------------------------|-----------------2h-4-------|
--2----2--2--2--2--2--2--2----|--2--2--2--2--2--------0----|

----------------------------|----------------------------|
----------------------------|----------------------------|
----------------------------|-----------------2h-0-------|
--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0----|--0--0--0--0--0--------2----|

Project Personal Dok
majorsixth
Road Kill

Thanks!! That will help much, I've thought about a midi version of the whole Crash and Burn but the bass part troubled me.

Also, I fumbled around Show Me. Open to corrections:

The verse arpeggios&#58;
  Am
E |----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|
B |--1-0-----------|--1-0-----------|--1-0-----------|--1-0-----------|
G |--------0---0---|--------0---0---|--------0---0---|--------0---0---|
D |------2---2---2-|------2---2---2-|------2---2---2-|------2---2---2-|
A |----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|

G                                 Dm
B |--1-0---0---0---|--1-0---0---0---|--1-0-----------|--1-0-----------|
G |------0---0---0-|------0---0---0-|--------0---0---|--------0---0---|
D |----------------|----------------|------2---2---2-|------2---2---2-|
A |----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|
An octave up during the middle 8.

Chorus&#58;
E |----------------|----------------|
B |-----------8-10-|-5~-------------|
G |----------------|----------------|
D |----------------|----------------|
A |----------------|----------------|
Same chords.
Love this song.
majorsixth
Road Kill

Had a go at Better Reptile as well.

Ben intro/verse
   Em
B |----------------|----------------|
G |---5*-----------|----------------|
D |--------9--10---|-7--------------|
*natural harmonic on the 5th fret

The chug part
A |-2~-------------|------------5h7-|
E |-0~-------------|----------------|
not sure about this; looking at his hands, Dylan seems to  play at the 7th fret so maybe it's just the open E string and its octave? Sounds like a power chord though, who knows.

E |----------------|
B |----------------|
G |----------------|
D |-4~-------------|
A |-2~-------------|
E |----------------|
The 2nd part of the verse continues chugging on B minor. Ben has a part here as well but I can't make it out on the videos so far.

Ben's chorus part&#58;
   Em
E |---0-------------|
B |-----0-1---0-----|
G |-------------0-2-|
D |-2-------2-------|
A |-----------------|
E |-----------------|

Ben's chords coming out of the chorus&#58;
   Am
E |-2------3-------|
B |-1------1-------|
G |-2------2-------|
D |----------------|
A |----------------|
E |----------------|

And it has a shock ending on...
E |----------------|
B |----------------|
G |-2--------------|
D |-2--------------|
A |-2--------------|
E |-2--------------|
F#m7add11? Sounds great whatever it is.
Being645
Above the Chemist

* You can put them up in the SistersWiki, too, if you please ... :wink: ...

https://sisterswiki.org/Sisters_Tablatures
Husek

majorsixth wrote:Had a go at Better Reptile as well.

Ben intro/verse
   Em
G |---5*-----------|----------------|
D |--------9--10---|-7--------------|
*natural harmonic on the 5th fret

The chug part
A |-2~-------------|------------5h7-|
E |-0~-------------|----------------|
not sure about this; looking at his hands, Dylan seems to  play at the 7th fret so maybe it's just the open E string and its octave? Sounds like a power chord though, who knows.

E |----------------|
B |----------------|
G |----------------|
D |-4~-------------|
A |-2~-------------|
E |----------------|
The 2nd part of the verse continues chugging on B minor. Ben has a part here as well but I can't make it out on the videos so far.

Ben's chorus part&#58;
   Em
E |---0-------------|
B |-----0-1---0-----|
G |-------------0-2-|
D |-2-------2-------|
A |-----------------|
E |-----------------|

Ben's chords coming out of the chorus&#58;
   Am
E |-2------3-------|
B |-1------1-------|
G |-2------2-------|
D |----------------|
A |----------------|
E |----------------|

And it has a shock ending on...
E |----------------|
B |----------------|
G |-2--------------|
D |-2--------------|
A |-2--------------|
E |-2--------------|
F#m7add11? Sounds great whatever it is.
:notworthy:
I'm working on a full transcription/midi for the new instrumental. I'll post it here and on the wiki ofc probably next week
Project Personal Dok
majorsixth
Road Kill

Husek wrote: I'm working on a full transcription/midi for the new instrumental. I'll post it here and on the wiki ofc probably next week
I'm v excited to hear that, might try making something similar for Kickline but it'll take a while.
majorsixth
Road Kill

Also for added challenge, maybe you heard this already but seems Ben added a part in Copenhagen!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtC_KRTCP_U
majorsixth
Road Kill

Dylan's part in Black Sail by Husek in the song thread, here's Ben's to go with it (maybe):

E|-----------------|----------------|-----------------|----------------|-----------------|
B|----------0h1p0--|-0--0-----------|----------0h1p0--|-0-1-3-3---1-0--|-----------------|
G|---------------2-|---2--2---------|---------------2-|--------------2-|-0---------------|
D|-----------------|----------------|-----------------|----------------|-----------------|
A|-----------------|----------------|-----------------|----------------|-----------------|
E|-----------------|----------------|-----------------|----------------|-----------------|