*media alert* PWEI

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

New album review wot I wrote, with fine tuning by the delightful Gripper. :D
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

nice one Jo -and the delightful Gripper. :notworthy:

weird, but it would never have occurred to me that CLINT (the most hilarious name written in capitals...from a distance) and the boys might still be going. i saw them live in every incarnation from "sniffin' with yoo-hoo" to "cicciolina" and then .....nothing (we'll gloss over him going out with some lass on my girlfriend's art course at leicester poly and the subsequent intimidation he may -or may not, made us laugh anyway- have suffered at our hands).
i will now scour the internet for somewhere other than the pirate bay whereby i might listen to said long-player (prior to purchase/non-purchase dependent on whether or not i like it, natch).

as the (possibly bootleg) poster i once owned said: "sample it - loop it - fuck it and eat it".
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Well, the lineup's changed a lot, but that happened in 2011. Clint isn't there now.
It's all going strong, and they clearly still have the drive and conviction.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Silver_Owl
The Don

Clint is doing very well with his soundtracks nowadays.

The trouble is, they're not really The Poppies anymore are they? :roll:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

Hom_Corleone wrote:The trouble is, they're not really The Poppies anymore are they? :roll:
Nobody is anybody anymore though, are they? Unless you're into U2 or Coldplay in which case....
Anger Is An Energy
Silver_Owl
The Don

Phil wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:The trouble is, they're not really The Poppies anymore are they? :roll:
Nobody is anybody anymore though, are they? Unless you're into U2 or Coldplay in which case....
I see your point. But Graham Crabb doesn't maketh The Poppies. Not for me anyway. I was at the magical Reformation gigs. It ended there for me. :)
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

Hom_Corleone wrote: But Graham Crabb doesn't maketh The Poppies.
At least I get to admire a row of PWEI CDs lined up all nice (when ANL finally arrives) and feel a slight moment of youth return (not him from Killing Joke either, you know what I mean).
Anger Is An Energy