Close Encounter of The Third Kind

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.

Who has had a close encounter

First kind only
22%
Second kind at best
26%
Third kind
52%

Total votes: 27
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:Met several Sisters (Adam, Ben, Chris) in bars, toilets and fields.
That's what they call "a groupie"... ;)

IZ.
You mean the toilet situation? It actually was a lot less raunchy than what your dirty little mind made of it, I'm sure :lol:
in dub we trust
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Swinnow wrote:I think that those of us who lived in the LS6 student ghetto in the eighties should probably absent ourselves from this thread :-)
only if you think you're better than the rest of us....which i'm sure you don't.
:wink:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

The last Sister I met was Mr Catalyst, outside The Fulford Arms in York, before The March Violets gig last year. Amongst the topics covered were Massimo Cellino, my St Pauli jacket and (spookily) The March Violets.
Four strings good, six strings bad
vince
Road Kill

Hung around the RAH after the gig and got autographs before they sped off.

Got into the soundcheck at the Mish Electric Ballroom gig in Feb 86 and ended up playing football in the hall with a mixture of them and the crew before they emptied the hall prior to letting everyone back in.......

I've said hello to Chris at EM gigs in Croydon and London the last few times they've played there (but missing Camden Rock this time round unfortunately)