For whom the Belle toll'd

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

SINsister wrote: :eek:

*Ahem*

:von:
Thank you. Have you read anything by this author? He seems to also have written a novel called The Old Man and the Sea. Metallica might have used that as an inspiration for "The Thing That Should Not Be":

He watches
Lurking beneath the sea
Great old one
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

mugabe wrote:Thank you. Have you read anything by this author? He seems to also have written a novel called The Old Man and the Sea.
Yep! Hemingway's often required reading in U.S. junior high/high schools, at least in their advanced English programs (*ahem* :von:). Try "A Farewell to Arms" - nicely heart-wrenching. :wink:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
James Blast
Banned

Currently on Nick Hornby's 'How To Be Good'
I find it excellent and goes someway to explaining the female/male psyche. Men and women should never. live together
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mugabe

Red Sunsets wrote:Currently on Nick Hornby's 'How To Be Good'
I find it excellent and goes someway to explaining the female/male psyche. Men and women should never. live together
I'm trying to work out whether this is a comment on my failed attempt at sarcasm that got disarmed by Sinny's benevolence, or just a continuation of the literary turn of this thread.
Gary

what is it with people leaving this board?

ive been hanging around like bad smell for ages, sometimes im rarely here.. and other times im here all the bloody time.. what makes people leave for good?

or do they just want all the fun of a good exit?
James Blast
Banned

Gary wrote:.. what makes people leave for good?
RJ and SG
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mugabe

Gary wrote:what is it with people leaving this board?
In the case of Clucking Belle, I was under the impression that he just writes 100 posts and then adopts a new board persona.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

mugabe wrote:
Red Sunsets wrote:Currently on Nick Hornby's 'How To Be Good'
I'm trying to work out whether this is a comment on my failed attempt at sarcasm that got disarmed by Sinny's benevolence...
Now that was funny. Isn't it always the case, though?
mugabe wrote:...or just a continuation of the literary turn of this thread.
Would be fitting, I suppose, as our Master/Major/Belle has been quite a character. Har har. *cough*
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

mugabe wrote:
Gary wrote:what is it with people leaving this board?
In the case of Clucking Belle, I was under the impression that he just writes 100 posts and then adopts a new board persona.
Clucking Belle was the third incarnation of this *person* that I have known since I started posting here. The Bell does toll for him at that magical 100th post.

BTW CB, how was the far east?
Gary

ah i see :),

far east?
like japan? *wishes hed concentrated in geography*
mugabe

Gary wrote:far east?
like japan?
Yes. Or Norwich.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Gary wrote:ah i see :),

far east?
like japan? *wishes hed concentrated in geography*
Dear Belle clucked himself off to China. And it looks like he clucked himself back to London to take his last gasp. Or maybe he just became Peking duck....LOL
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Red Sunsets wrote:
Gary wrote:.. what makes people leave for good?
RJ and SG
Shut it!
Only a paand.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Someone's out there lurking...perhaps it is the ghost of Peking Duck? Or...Peeking duck? :wink:

Welcome back.
zigeunerweisen

mugabe wrote:It's amazing for Metallica to come up with such a good title for a song.
SINsister wrote:

*Ahem*

Thank you. Have you read anything by this author? He seems to also have written a novel called The Old Man and the Sea. Metallica might have used that as an inspiration for "The Thing That Should Not Be":

He watches
Lurking beneath the sea
Great old one
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mugabe, you crack me up ;D