Disney Darklings

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

Disneyland LA holds Bats day for goths
A wicked sea of black garb, white makeup, and vibrant hair color once again swathed the happiest place on earth this past Sunday for "Bats Day in Fun Park." The 16th annual "goth-gathering" has grown from a loose meet up amongst fiend-y friends into a monster three day bash from the darkside. Here, photos from Disneyland's unofficial darkest day on Sunday and Bats' off-site marketplace event on Saturday.
8)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Now I know I'm a bit chubby but there are some seriously big Disney Darklings on those photo's.
It's enough to make Donald duck :wink:
million voices
Slight Overbomber

If we are in bitch mode

I also thought that very few would actually qualify as mini mouse
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Once seen, never unseen... :urff:

But, there is a long lost HLer (who I still keep in touch with) in one of those pics. :)

Bitch mode On

Her BMI is normal. So shouldn't be too hard to spot.

Bitch mode off

:innocent:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bitch mode On
A lot of those sort of people are why us "goths-in-denial" are in denial.
Bitch mode Off
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I know we're a judging, superior crowd at the best of times, but I do think it's a bit of a cheap shot sniping at someone's weight :|

In happier times, please pass on my sincerest best wishes to our missing Sister please Johnny. :kiss:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

timsinister wrote:I do think it's a bit of a cheap shot sniping at someone's weight :|
Yeah, no worries Tim, I live in far too glass a house to throw those sort of stones. And FWIW I think you're right to pick up on it.

I guess I'm participating in the ancient Goth sport known as passing judgement:

99% of the other goths in any given situation are either:
a) not-goth-enough and thereby not making the effort or just "playing" goth and can be looked down on.
OR:
b) gother-than-thou and thereby trying too hard and can be looked down on.

It's a hard habit to break, and not a particularly nice one to have picked up.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I'm tarred with the same brush mate, I'm a screaming elitist at the worst of times, and I grumble mightily about Whitby Goth Weekend like I'm some kind of Gothic Style Police.

I feel uncomfortable about it though, and we ought to drag it on the floor and say "Why are we doing this? How would we feel if it was done to us? Aren't we meant to live and let live?"

Tricky times... :cry:
Pista
Cureboi

The only biatchy comment I could make is that it was a slide show.
I tried to deslidefy it but it didn't work.

I just loved the notion of Goths NOT moping around in cemeteries & dark rooms, but just being people having a laugh.

Goths Just Wanna Have Fun :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

timsinister wrote:I'm tarred with the same brush mate, I'm a screaming elitist at the worst of times, and I grumble mightily about Whitby Goth Weekend like I'm some kind of Gothic Style Police.

I feel uncomfortable about it though, and we ought to drag it on the floor and say "Why are we doing this? How would we feel if it was done to us? Aren't we meant to live and let live?"

Tricky times... :cry:
Indeed. But on the other hand when threatened (or worse) by outsiders we circle the wagons and all stick together. The S.O.P.H.I.E. campaign is a perfect example of this.

I just wish that some goths weren't so damned embarrassing!
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

There's legitimate grounds at times - such as being hypocritical judgemental scene juries! :lol: :oops:
SmileySister

Sorry if I offended anyone but I am a rather chubby goth myself otherwise I wouldn't have dared comment. Kinda one of those people who poke fun at themselves before others do :oops:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Sorry if I offended you as well, SmileySister! Certainly not my intention!

I just worry about anonymous attacks on strangers online. Feels a bit hypocritical considering we know what it's like to take stick from strangers!

Ah well, living and learning. :)
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Wow! HL taking threads into unsuspected, and unintended, territory since inception. :notworthy:

At least all you Goffs have a sense of identity and unity. I'm just a 52 year-old, bald, fat bloke. Non-Goff. :(

Hmm... maybe I could email Disneyâ„¢ about starting a "50-something-bald-fat-bloke" day? We could probably charter a 747 from just HL male members alone. It could work. 8) :lol:

:kiss:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Am quite impressed that the goth day was May 31st and not five months later. And @Johnny, surely there are no goths on HL, just fans of industrial groove machine rock'n'roll.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I'm not too sure if Disney would be too keen on a "male member" day
I don't think it quite fits the family image they try to promote
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:And @Johnny, surely there are no goths on HL, just fans of industrial groove machine [s]rock'n'roll[/s] FPL.
Fixed that for you. :wink:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:And @Johnny, surely there are no goths on HL, just fans of industrial groove machine [s]rock'n'roll[/s] FPL.
:lol: :notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Dizzy
Road Kill

Dear Smileysister - 'Ducks' what Ducks? I canna see any Ducks just an awful lot of overly large (very cheerful mind) goths (ish) - all a wee bit too colourful too, in my humble opinion.
SmileySister

Sod off ya loon, you'll get me kicked off and I've only just got accepted on here after trying for ages :lol:

Dizzy & I used to hitch to The Sisters concerts together in the mid 80's. I didn't want to but she made me :wink:
Dizzy
Road Kill

I did not force you to hitch hike all over the flipping place at all, am sure it was you who started it, wasn't it? You do realise that we didn't even have so much as map between us, brilliant fun if a little dangerous at times eh.
sultan2075
Overbomber

million voices wrote:I'm not too sure if Disney would be too keen on a "male member" day
This is the funniest post I've seen in ages.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Pista
Cureboi

sultan2075 wrote:
million voices wrote:I'm not too sure if Disney would be too keen on a "male member" day
This is the funniest post I've seen in ages.
That took me a while actually.

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity