Teri Nunn talks of UTG briefly in longer interview

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

I always wondered whether :von:'s willingness to record the song was related to his ability to persuade Ms Nunn to get her top off for the video.

There are worse motivations... :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

that's actually a nearly direct lift from a forum response she provided when asked years ago :lol:

edit, just checked my email - 2005 :eek:

"This Corrosion" is what started my love affair with Andrew Eldritch,
but "Under The Gun" was originally called "Two Worlds Apart", written by
a guy I wrote with before meeting Andrew. I sent my demo of it to
Andrew, who fell in love with it too. He added the rap/rant lyrics at
the end (which are brilliant).
Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Can't fault her for consistency :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
copper
Amphetamine Filth

The same here...
I met Andrew Eldritch…I was putting together music for my solo album, and I contacted three artists, that I wanted to write with. One was Andrew, Trent Reznor…Trent never responded. Moby turned me down. He was kind of mean about it. He said, “You know what, no. I turned down Madonna, okay? So for sure I’m turning you down.� Is that good? (Laughs)

But Andrew responded, and he was interested. He lived in Germany at the time, in Hamburg, so I flew out there and spent a couple of weeks with him, and I brought the song that we ended up using. The stuff we wrote was not great, but that song, it ended up being called “Under the Gun,� and he put it on his best-of, but at the time it was called “Two Worlds Apart.�

And my label didn’t like it. They just didn’t get the song, at all. So I played it for him and said, “They don’t get it. What do you think? Can you do something with this?� He said, “I love this song!� He wrote the rap at the end, that singing/talking rant at the end while I’m singing, “Are you living for love?� And he put it on the record. We actually had a hit with it. We had a hit in England; I played “Top of the Pops� for the first time in my life.
:von: was also pretty straight-forward that Terri brought him the "Two Worlds Apart" demo, with her vox already on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g45AZ5CwTU#t=2m58s

This track got Sisterized when he took it on and asked Adam to come down to Hamburg and record more guitars. If anything, it turned into a bit of a throwaway, passed on to the record company; to oblige them with a new track to promote the Greatest Hits.

Long gone were the days of Reptile House, when :von: pushed EPs out on his own.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Pretty depressing that the condition that England is in has barely changed in the quarter-century since :von: made those comments.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody