Is there anywhere decent to go in Lincoln?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Red Orc
Road Kill

I'm going to be there for a bit, wondered if anyone could give me any recommendations for places to go. Especially pubs/clubs. All work and no play will make Red a dull Orc.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Good Luck with that mate... :urff:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
million voices
Slight Overbomber

The cathedral is rather lovely

I'm not sure what else, if anything, it has to offer
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Red Orc
Road Kill

Great... really, no pubs with a decent jukebox even? Surely there are some Goths in Lincoln (I will of course happily take recommendations from 'people who are not Goths... not f**king Goths!' too).
iesus
Overbomber

Tripadvisor list in here

there are a couple around #19-#21 that sound Goth like the Ghost & Vampire Tour :lol:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
eastmidswhizzkid

Red Orc wrote:Great... really, no pubs with a decent jukebox even?
do they exist anywhere any more? since cd jukeboxes took over even the "decent" ones are 95% pap.
btw you may want to bump this thread occasionally as there are a couple of lincoln-dwellers on here who may be able to help, but who may miss this otherwise.

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

When I were a lad growing up in Nottingham, people used to come from Lincoln to the Queen of the Midlands (that's Nottingham BTW) to shop and for a night out.
Now there's a Uni there though, and the "docks" area has been yuppified, when we were there a couple of years ago, the city centre was a lot livelier than I remember it and the pubs were plentiful and cheap. It looked a really nice place to live, TBH. :)
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

We instantly liked Lincoln very much when we were there some 6-7 years ago (actually IIRC I think when we toured England in combination with Sisters in Leeds 2009), very old uptown crowned by the cathedral and the castle, and very modern down by the river (university campus). Similar to what Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote, it looked like a place I even could have imagined living in.
Cannot give any specific pub names, but it's absolutely possible to get very drunk by drinking one pint in each central pub :wink:
Silver_Owl
The Don

I seem to remember a really good cafe where the owner had a Paul Weller haircut and a bit of a Mod theme going. Great breakfast!
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Debaser
Overbomber

Bloody Hell - I leave Lincoln for a few days and look what happens???

The Jolly Brewer has a great jukebox and live music. Let me know when you're in Lincoln and I'll come and say 'Allo'
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
do they exist anywhere any more? since cd jukeboxes took over even the "decent" ones are 95% pap.
btw you may want to bump this thread occasionally as there are a couple of lincoln-dwellers on here who may be able to help, but who may miss this otherwise.
If ever you visit my local Mr whizz you maybe pleasantly surprised. Mayhaps the largest sisters collection in a pub anywhere, including the more well known bootlegs :notworthy:

Last weekend I found suicide's Harlem, which was challenging for all :innocent:
Goths have feelings too
Debaser
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: btw you may want to bump this thread occasionally as there are a couple of lincoln-dwellers on here who may be able to help, but who may miss this otherwise.
Aye, have been by the Forth Road Bridge, pony patting since last Wed.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
eastmidswhizzkid

paint it black wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
If ever you visit my local Mr whizz you maybe pleasantly surprised. Mayhaps the largest sisters collection in a pub anywhere, including the more well known bootlegs :notworthy:

Last weekend I found suicide's Harlem, which was challenging for all :innocent:
is that an invitation Ez? :innocent: ...glad to hear i'm wrong btw.