Vinyl re-issue of FLOODLAND + 3 EPs

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Looks like Floodland is getting the same re-issue treatment as F&L&A, due out September 25th: http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B011VX0KV8
Being645
Wiki Wizard

It's a pity, that apparently The Sisters won't get anything out of it ...
robertzombie
Overbomber

You could say the same thing for countless other reissues. We, the fans, will hopefully get something out of it - as we have the superb F&L&A box!
Being645
Wiki Wizard

robertzombie wrote:You could say the same thing for countless other reissues. We, the fans, will hopefully get something out of it - as we have the superb F&L&A box!
That much is true ... and if there is an improvement, some additional good, they have at least done something for their profit ... :) ...
Also, it is for sure a nice thing to replace one's old vinyls with new and maybe even better ones on 180g vinyl... :D ...

Still ... :wink: ... though, most likely, I will not be able to resist, anyway ... :innocent: ...
Pista
Cureboi

I wonder if they can put it in a better sleeve.
That floating heads one is pretty bad.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:I wonder if they can put it in a better sleeve.
That floating heads one is pretty bad.
Great name for a band, though.
Four strings good, six strings bad
Pista
Cureboi

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

At this rate Vision Thing will be out in time for Christmas. :roll:
robertzombie
Overbomber

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:At this rate Vision Thing will be out in time for Christmas. :roll:
Vision Thing's 25th Anniversary is this November, so that would make sense.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

robertzombie wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:At this rate Vision Thing will be out in time for Christmas. :roll:
Vision Thing's 25th Anniversary is this November, so that would make sense.
Haha ... so there will hardly be any escape ... *fortunately, these issues do not seem to be limited editions and should therefore be available for quite some time ... :wink: ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

So, to sum up, fans will be stumping up the best part of £150 for arguably slightly better copies of stuff they already own. :|
robertzombie
Overbomber

Fine by me.
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I wouldn't mind coff up 300£, if I knew some of the money went to the band instead of some clueless record company.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Drsisters wrote:I wouldn't mind coff up 300£, if I knew some of the money went to the band instead of some clueless record company.
Clueless? The campaign has been successful so far.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:
Drsisters wrote:I wouldn't mind coff up 300£, if I knew some of the money went to the band instead of some clueless record company.
I suspect the other reissues will be less successful. The tracks are all digitally available already and there were few complaints about the production of the other two original LPs.
If WEA could find original material (Early SKOS and full-length Never Land) for the 2006 reissues, surely they could have made more effort here.
Pista
Cureboi

Don't you think it's slightly more than a coincidence that these re-issues are timed almost perfectly to coincide with the tour?
I wouldn't say clueless really. Shrewd? Cynical even. After all, Von did leave them with Go Figure, so maybe they're still trying to recoup their pound of flesh.

I'd rather like to see Gift given the same treatment.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
robertzombie
Overbomber

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
robertzombie wrote:
I suspect the other reissues will be less successful. The tracks are all digitally available already and there were few complaints about the production of the other two original LPs.
If WEA could find original material (Early SKOS and full-length Never Land) for the 2006 reissues, surely they could have made more effort here.
Good points.

Emma is ruined on the 2006 remaster so hopefully that will be addressed this time.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Prices will drop
Goths have feelings too
Being645
Wiki Wizard

robertzombie wrote:
Well if they promoted these reissues widely, ok, that indeed were a "campaign" and in that case, The Sisters might even benefit in terms of concert ticket sales ... :wink: ...
mh
Above the Chemist

Way it seems to me is that the FALAA box appears to be selling quite well. OK, it'll never be a number 1, but it's not been languishing down the bottom end of the likes of Amazon's charts either.

Now, maybe that's clued the record company into thinking that there's still money to be made from the old horse, and if so, maybe other upcoming reissues are a bit of a cynical cash-grab (grab while the grabbing's good); whatever.

One thing is that it's got to raise the profile of the band a bit. From old fans who might not have been aware that they're touring, or new fans who might want to fancy checking them out.

So it's like Being said - maybe some of that might translate into more ticket sales, t-shirt sales, or whatever eventually does find it's way back to the band.

OK, it sucks that the band ain't gonna get anything from the records themselves, but every cloud etc.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Rise891
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Im a sucker for box sets so I for one will be buying them.
Looks like Nine Inch Nails pretty hate machine is getting the same treatment. Wonder if Trent gets royalties still?
I am NOT in the cool club
paul
Overbomber

Arrived today! Can't wait to listen!
Being645
Wiki Wizard

paul wrote:Arrived today! Can't wait to listen!
I guess you're in the wrong thread ... :lol: :wink: ... or are you joking ... 8) :lol: ...

https://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24878
paul
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
paul wrote:Arrived today! Can't wait to listen!
I guess you're in the wrong thread ... :lol: :wink: ... or are you joking ... 8) :lol: ...

https://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24878
ow hell, you're right! :lol:
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

robertzombie wrote:
mh wrote:
Being645 wrote:
mh wrote:Warners were involved? OK, that explains a bit...

1) Wrong Body Electric.
2) Japanese mixes.

Somebody needs a slap about the face for all of this.
It's the Japanese mixes again :?: :!: ... :eek: :eek: ... that's very uncool.
They have been nicely mastered and reissued on 180g vinyl with the MoFi Release ...
Very disappointed, now ... :( :( :( :( :( ...
To be totally clear, the Japanese mixes are only on the digital download when using the code that comes with the box set. The box set itself, and as far as I know all other digital downloads, are the original mixes.

The wrong Body Electric is way more common. It looks like the only ways to get the right one are the vinyl box set or the HD download.
Need I say more ? Clueless as I said, no quality control at all.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.