Brussels-hearlanders to meet,things to see

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

As it seems I will spend my next few months in Brussels and i would love to meet some of ya who are in there.Whoever is up for a beer or 5-give me a sign :D Any recommendations about places and all that are welcomed.

thanx in advance
Keep Music Evil
damagedone

sorry for the missed T in Heartlanders :)
Keep Music Evil
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

if you come towards Maastricht let me know.
damagedone

have to find how to reach the festival from Brussels and book a room for the night.Anyone up for a pre meeting because i am only going for The Sisters,not interested about the other acts?
Hope we have a few drinks before the gig and all that :)
Keep Music Evil
B E N
Road Kill

I just came across your post....you can take a direct train from BXL central to Tienen; I think it's only a 10 min walk from Tienen station to the Grote Markt...To stay the night seems more complicated since there's only one hotel (far as I can see), the Alpha Hotel, and that's fully booked..maybe some bnb...

But I think the last train leaving is at 23:49...If the Sisters start on time and don't work overhours, that should be doable...

Plus, I don't see any mention of the saturday trainstrikes anymore...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

damagedone wrote:have to find how to reach the festival from Brussels and book a room for the night.Anyone up for a pre meeting because i am only going for The Sisters,not interested about the other acts?
Hope we have a few drinks before the gig and all that :)
camping worked well and was very cheap with good facilities. about 5 mins from the festival (square)
Goths have feelings too
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

ps. there is a nice 'irish' bar opposite the AB, which is also near a very cool record shop

and not really a solo passtime, but you can do worse than try kwak :wink:
Goths have feelings too
B E N
Road Kill

Hi, far as I can see there's no camping in Tienen this year..even asked the organizers and they confirmed this afternoon by mail stating there won't be any camping...
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

paint it black wrote:and not really a solo passtime, but you can do worse than try kwak :wink:

And when that is not available, there's always Duvel, of course! :D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
B E N
Road Kill

There's certainly no lack of great beer in this beautiful country...
damagedone

B E N wrote:There's certainly no lack of great beer in this beautiful country...
tell me about that,man :D I seem to follow the path of The Beer,amazing ones in here.Some are a bit too strong for my taste but i like trying them all.

I checked again and no rooms available.I can take the train back at 11 something but i prefer to book a room and get drunk with some of you guys,just fleeing after the concert seems wrong to me.Will check again tonight and tomorrow and see if i can figure out something.
Keep Music Evil
B E N
Road Kill

Ahoi, of course it's not nice to run off straight after a concert, but if the alternative is to roam the streets of Tienen til the the next morning.....

You can pitch a tent here: http://www.vianderdomein.be/

It's not an official camping and there won't be any showers and such, but they allow people to put up their tent...There's breakfast in the morning..
damagedone

i'll take the last train back,just hope the train station is close to the venue.See ya there,whoever is going
Keep Music Evil
Got my smart Von
Road Kill

damagedone wrote:As it seems I will spend my next few months in Brussels and i would love to meet some of ya who are in there.Whoever is up for a beer or 5-give me a sign :D Any recommendations about places and all that are welcomed.

thanx in advance
Hi damagedone, I also live in Brussels for the moment, but unfortunately I don't drink beer. Nethertheless, if you are interested in a meeting, send me a pm.
Music is there to Eldritch your life and make you aware of things in a slightly overbombing different way.
damagedone

the gig was short but amazing.Von was going back and forth the left and right on the stage,his vocals were sharp and clear,he sounded better than last year and last year's Munich gig was fantastic.Going on the cat walk during Flood II was indeed great experience.I got some photos and will upload tomorrow.Met interesting people,had good time.Can't wait for the October dates.The get better and better.
Keep Music Evil
radiojamaica
Overbomber

How long are you staying in Brussels, damagedone?
I work there, so maybe we can have a few beers at some point in near future...
in dub we trust
damagedone

here until at least end of September,would be pleasure
Keep Music Evil
radiojamaica
Overbomber

damagedone wrote:here until at least end of September,would be pleasure
coolio! am in holiday modus now, but I'll get in touch via pm in na couple of weeks :wink:
in dub we trust