Sisters Suikerrock Belgium 01-08-2015

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2015
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

deirfiur wrote:...and so the long, (very) slow decent into nothing continues

The girls are more like a bad Karaoke act with backing tapes and bad vocals. No new songs, disinterested crowd and milking it for every last cent they can

Pays the girls bills I suppose and keep Von in supplies whilst the poor fans spend their annual disposable income allowance on a dying light that does not even rage

They are like a touring , analog streaming service with poor content and no character
You're at the wrong forum I guess...
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

cardoman wrote:

The girls are more like a bad Karaoke act with backing tapes and bad vocals. No new songs, disinterested crowd and milking it for every last cent they can

Pays the girls bills I suppose and keep Von in supplies whilst the poor fans spend their annual disposable income allowance on a dying light that does not even rage

They are like a touring , analog streaming service with poor content and no character
Nah, from times to times, some members have a collapse and becomes salty about the sisters.

Don't worry, it's temporary. :innocent:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
MortaR
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:I would indeed like to use it in the SistersWiki, if you allow for that ... :kiss: ... of course a NO will be accepted without complaint ... ;D :lol: ...
Please use it, if you want. Regards from Germany. MortaR
Being645
Above the Chemist

MortaR wrote:
Being645 wrote:I would indeed like to use it in the SistersWiki, if you allow for that ... :kiss: ... of course a NO will be accepted without complaint ... ;D :lol: ...
Please use it, if you want. Regards from Germany. MortaR
Thanks ... :D ... and greetings to Koblenz ... :wink: ... one day I'll manage to come over ... * sieht jedes Mal klasse aus, euer Event ... :D ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

cardoman wrote:

I love that spirit, one writes his/her opinion other says, in often not diplomatic words, go away. No one was hurt from that directly.

Of course euphoria has a valid point, we all know what TSOM are nowadays, but it doesn't mean that we can't/shouldn't express our not-only-positive opinion.

This is not only place for zealots of TSOM, but also for people who don't lower their expectations just because it's TSOM, at least that's what it was not long time ago. When something is, based on some objective criteria, bad then it's bad.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Fine Bartek,
I'm also all for freedom of opinion and expression including an utmost diversity ... especially when it comes in an entertaining way ... :lol: ...

Insofar, I can't see anything but playin' further on the joke in the short comment by cardoman ... nothing aggressive or stuff ...
just the way it goes ... maybe some emoticon had supported that, maybe not. People differ in their perception.

All opinions should be welcome (and replied to) here, as long as they don't try to squash others ... 8) ...
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

I'll express my opinion another way.

I last saw The Sisters in Köln in 2009. Not so much because of the gig but because of the people I wanted to meet again. Top nite out. :notworthy:

I live in Germany but won't be going to Köln this year as it's a 4-5 hour drive each way and on a school night. That means two days holiday of work.

But, when the UK shows were announced and I received a few messages, I jumped at the chance. So I'll be heading back to the UK for Nottingham and Manchester. That might sound like a juxtaposition considering my previous statement, but it's nothing to do with seeing The Sisters.

It's a very important opportunity to meet old friends and meet new friends. Sisters' gigs are just a conduit. As would be any pub-rock band we all liked.

Or as Andrew once said: "You're not supposed to see The Sisters; you're supposed to feel them."

Unfortunately, I became comfortably numb to that feeling a good few years back. But I'll never become numb at seeing the people I care about. :)
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Being645 wrote:All opinions should be welcome (and replied to) here, as long as they don't try to squash others ... 8) ...
I totally agree. Some are new fans; some are old fans. HL is a broad church where everyone's opinion is valued and welcomed.
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote: It's a very important opportunity to meet old friends and meet new friends. Sisters' gigs are just a conduit. As would be any pub-rock band we all liked.
Fully understandable, I partly think so myself, and with this attitude there can never be a really bad gig :)

It's the "wasted money, nothing new, bad voice" posts I react to, it's like, where have you been the last 15 years :P
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

euphoria wrote:Fully understandable, I partly think so myself, and with this attitude there can never be a really bad gig :)
Except, I think I may have a Sisters' virgin with me at Rock City.

It's kinda like introducing your partner to your parents for the first time. And hoping it all works out Ok. :urff:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

We all know of how much more :von: is capable. Hence the disappointment. My hope for the fall shows (and I’m travel quite a distance) is for periodic moments (probably fleeting?) of the old brilliance. Haven’t seen them since the late 90’s so I’m setting my expectations low.

Hope to meet some of you – I’ll be at the Glasgow & London shows.
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote: It's kinda like introducing your partner to your parents for the first time. And hoping it all works out Ok. :urff:
Haha, I know the feeling - of course I dragged along 7 people to the worst concert I've seen, Stockholm 2009, and yes I felt as if my family was drunk already in the afternoon and dropped food on the floor all the time :lol:

In my experience, it's better to introduce them to people listening to heavy metal or something totally unrelated, than someone used to the genre. My metal friends have always liked the Sisters live, especially if the have finished the gig with Top Nite Out followed by Vision Thing or similar stuff.
damagedone

Fair enough with expressing different views on how The Sisters are nowadays.The thing is,you should have realised that things change,voice changes,circumstances,etc.It is deffinitely different since 1980's-something-90's something or whatever year you felt them as they are on top of their game but I am glad they are still going.My world needs them so i don't mind spending a few euros on a ticket as soon as i am able to,,,also a dicent price for a smoke and lights show.Cool people.I get your point,don't have a problem with it.

<LONG LIVE THE SISTERS> :D :D :D
Keep Music Evil
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Joy, you're hatstand, but good on ya all the same
Goths have feelings too
abridged
Slight Overbomber

I just figure seeing my fav band playing my fav songs every couple of years and meeting rather groovy forum people again is kind of cool. Yeah of course I'd love new songs but if not I still have a good time. :D
The Chancer Corporation
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Of course, I'd love to use TSOM gig(s) as excuse to meet HLers (some once again, other for the first time), and I did that last year.

For me it's not even about lack of new songs - 'cause they still got few songs in their back catalog - it's about all that jazz like vox only for two and half songs after first 3 or 4 gigs at the begining. I mean, it's his job, so do this properly. I don't expect him to sing like Fredie Mercury or Caruso, but just let me hear words not mumblings. I like that AE seems to like be on stage and he has spass being there with this two kiddos, but at the same time it looks, to me, that it become more and more ok-lets-do-that-anyway attitude.

But finally, if one like what they get, it's fine by me, but please, do not hack other who's not in big love and impression of TSOM.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I think John hits the nail on the head. It's about meeting up with friends, old and new. Yeah so what if the Sisters are effectively just another Sisters tribute band these days?

Maybe it is better to burn out than to fade away, but on the other hand, hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

If it was TSOM trubite band you wouldn't spend that much on ticket but on beer. ;)
But yeah, it's more about meeting people, with dodgy background music. ;)

and BTW, that's from this site:
"Andrew Eldritch would like to believe in redemption, so he sings very quietly."
I generaly like that he can laugh from himself, it's laugh from people buying tickets, and excuse.
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

That's the thing about people with low expectations - they are easy to exploit
jherek
Road Kill

jeez - it's the negativity of this place that gets one down.
The posts on the latest gig thread are seemingly always dominated by those who didn't attend saying how rubbish it was!

Last Saturday was my 50th gig and I totally agree with damagedone's sentiments: my world still needs the sisters and my favourite gig is always the next one.

I understand if the current incarnation is not to your liking but do you need to keep telling everyone so loudly?
It's not 1985 and it never will be again.

Given that the sisters are the most underrated band in the history of music it is pretty dispiriting to find so much hate for a band which heroically continues to plough it's own furrow on a dedicated forum!

Either buy a ticket or don't, but enough with the whinging please.
Pista
Cureboi

deirfiur wrote:That's the thing about people with low expectations - they are easy to exploit
Boy. You sound like a right laugh to go out with for an evening. :roll:

You marched out of the 2012 gig after 30 minutes in Belfast & question the omission of the “After Damage Done� option in the “When should the Sisters have called it quits?� thread & yet in 2015 you’re still here.
What are your expectations then?

You continually remark on the content of every Von interview being the same old song over & over. Yes, we know that thanks. But we don’t all belly-ache & spew endless venom at those who actually enjoy the possibility of a Sisters gig & a get together with good friends & fellow sufferers.
Let’s face it, there won’t be an album & even if there was, I half expect you would be here to berate it & everyone who actually dared to liked it & say as much.
Maybe expectations are low. But that’s nothing new & we all know that without your constant barbs thanks.
We got it. You don’t like what they have become.

& given that all it takes to give you goose bumps is watching a fight outside your local pub, questioning others’ expectations is prolly not what you want to be doing.

To each their own & all that & if you want to just listen to Damage Done over & over, then by all means do. But sooner or later, you might want to change the record. :wink:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

...and that concludes my entertainment for today..

Now, where the Nephs fan forum....
radiojamaica
Overbomber

gotta love the interwebs!

about the Nephilim:
a few months ago there was that Nephilim gig at the Eurorock debacle. All day long it was a back and forth about them playing or not. In the early eve came the announcement that they were going to play and minutes later their merch was up. The Watchmen were happy, money was being spent and extra beers were ordered! Few hours later an announcement was made they were not going to play after all. In the days after the gig several reasons were given... But I did feel a bit cheated and it made pretty clear why McCoy's doing it these days. The Neph don't have to take exploiting-their-fans lessons from the Sisters :wink:
in dub we trust
damagedone

I don't know what to say,if you question your devotion to anything or love for something-not good.jherek-man,Neph forum is where you want to be.
Keep Music Evil