RIP Michael Wood (was Missing in Leeds)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I don't know how many people on here know Michael, but he's posted a few times under a couple of different usernames. Anyway, to cut a long story short, he went out yesterday morning and hasn't returned home. His partner Miguel has reported him missing to the police, so we know that he hasn't turned up in A&E or anything. Michael's not seemed himself lately, and his friends and family are worried about him. If anyone who knows him has seen Michael, please get in touch.

(Topic thread changed to reflect events)
Last edited by markfiend on 02 Sep 2015, 11:55, edited 2 times in total.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
endemoniada75
Road Kill

A Message linking to this topic about Michael`s disappearance has also been posted in The Sisters Facebook Group, where he is also a member https://www.facebook.com/groups/198014736992075/
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

As anyone who has been following on Facebook probably knows by now, Michael has been found dead. I don't have any words right now. I'm absolutely distraught.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Oh sh!t no! :(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Tragic news. :( R.I.P. Michael.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

:( ... hard and saddening stuff ... :( ... I'm very sorry for him and as much for his partner, his friends and his family ... :( ... on a day like this, it's too late for many things, but not for everything ... :( ...
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

To say that this is an utterly dark day for anyone who had the fortune to have known him is putting it mildly. He was a truly special bloke, utterly passionate, painfully funny, amazingly creative, hilariously vitriolic and deeply sensitive and caring of those he loved.

:(

Marge
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i dont think i knew or met him; but its a horrible thing to happen to anyone, and if the whole world can be divided into "us", "them" and "people we don't talk to" then this guy was definitely "us".
my deepest sympathies to all his family, friends and loved ones. i am truly sorry for your loss.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I think you'd remember if you had met him Lee - I also think you'd have got on like a house on fire; he was a fellow whizzkid ;-)
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

:? i dont know whether that makes it even sadder.
"Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth Is Dead". :(
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

If anyone wants to help with funeral costs https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/francesca-mendola
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

By the way, Marge, I'm Mark Wolstenholme on Facebook, just sent you a friend request
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

oh no. that's awful. :(
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It's a terrible thing to have happened, but I think that Michael would have thought that it's better to burn out than to fade away. He was terribly self-destructive in a lot of his behaviour. "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly."
—Bertrand Russell