Currently Listening To...Imminent Sonic Destruction!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

radiojamaica wrote:Image

my favorite blackmetalmaiden 8)
It's still Chelsea Wolfe for me ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
sultan2075
Overbomber

Hard to believe this is the same dude who fronted the Murder Junkies after GG died. Really well-written songs.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

A long travel around old tracks, starting with Fall In Love With Me by Iggy Pop

over to various full Bowie albums in quite a casual order: Young Americans, Space Oddity,

The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust, Let's Dance, Scary Monsters ending in Station To Station for today ...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Being645 wrote:A long travel around old tracks, starting with Fall In Love With Me by Iggy Pop

over to various full Bowie albums in quite a casual order: Young Americans, Space Oddity,

The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust, Let's Dance, Scary Monsters ending in Station To Station for today ...
there is a new boxest due, which includes 2Cds worth of rare / unreleased stuff 8)
Goths have feelings too
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

various albums and songs by Aphex Twin
Dan
Overbomber

Siouxsie And The Banshees - Seven Year Itch

Now I love her earlier work but this is absolutely dreadful. It should never have been released.
Anyone who's heard it will know what I mean, and to anyone who hasn't heard it: I beg you never to listen to it, it's quite a depressing experience.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

one of my top 5 albums ever. indeed the second side was only superseeded as the greatest side of vinyl ever pressed by the second side of MRX027 IMHO. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid

Dan wrote:Siouxsie And The Banshees - Seven Year Itch

Now I love her earlier work but this is absolutely dreadful. It should never have been released.
Anyone who's heard it will know what I mean, and to anyone who hasn't heard it: I beg you never to listen to it, it's quite a depressing experience.
:urff: isn't it just? i'm a massive siouxsie fan and i am so glad i didnt go to see them on that tour....her voice is fucking awful and if thats the best take from that tour tehn the whole affair must have sucked. "nocturne" is undoubtedly the best official live work by the band and there are plenty of good-quality boots so why they put this out i don't know: certainly wasnt vanity.

eastmidswhizzkid

Album cover for Brujeria : Matando Güeros linkyhidden
proper disturbing album cover, of a real drug-execution, post decapitaton. on the back there a pic of the guys hog-tied body kneeling at the train track...brutal. music isnt much tamer. :twisted:

Izzy HaveMercy

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:Album cover for Brujeria : Matando Güeros linkyhidden
proper disturbing album cover, of a real drug-execution, post decapitaton. on the back there a pic of the guys hog-tied body kneeling at the train track...brutal. music isnt much tamer. :twisted:
Oh, good times! :) When was it released again, 1993-1994? The good old days when I bought all CDs and LPs containing a Parental Advisory sticker :)

A bit like the Unsane album, this ;)

*** Warning! Graphic content behind linky! ***

IZ.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Sorry guys I've hidden that album cover behind a link; I think it may be a tad too disturbing.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

sorry bro, wasnt thinking. :oops:

@Izzy: yes, just like that. :D i knew you'd know it. :wink:

Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Izzy HaveMercy

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:sorry bro, wasnt thinking. :oops:

@Izzy: yes, just like that. :D i knew you'd know it. :wink:
Funny fact: a couple of years ago someone at Graspop Metal Meeting here in Belgium mixed this one up with the band Gojira (which he liked very much).

I showed him this picture and he was absolutely SURE about the mix-up (and looked a bit green-ish in the face to be honest) :lol:

IZ.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:sorry bro, wasnt thinking. :oops:
No worries 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Funny fact: a couple of years ago someone at Graspop Metal Meeting here in Belgium mixed this one up with the band Gojira (which he liked very much).

I showed him this picture and he was absolutely SURE about the mix-up (and looked a bit green-ish in the face to be honest) :lol:

IZ.
Funny fact: a couple of years ago someone on here in Belgium mixed up banter and flirting. And caused a well-respected member to leave HL.

She showed us the pictures and she was absolutely SURE about the mix-up (and looked a bit green-ish in the face to be honest).

Fixed that for you. :von:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
paint it black

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Dan wrote:Siouxsie And The Banshees - Seven Year Itch

:urff: isn't it just? i'm a massive siouxsie fan and i am so glad i didnt go to see them on that tour....her voice is fucking awful and if thats the best take from that tour tehn the whole affair must have sucked. "nocturne" is undoubtedly the best official live work by the band and there are plenty of good-quality boots so why they put this out i don't know: certainly wasnt vanity.
sorry, as a massive fan, went to two gigs, enjoyed both very much - as did, I think, the majority there
Goths have feelings too
paint it black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9pbngQrpUA

as promoted by Wayne on his FB.

the Cure and Wayne 1997. Not too shabby
Goths have feelings too
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

This Siouxsie debate all sounds familiar. Band not as good as they once were say some, others saying the opposite. Now where have I heard this before ?
Pista
Cureboi

paint it black wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9pbngQrpUA

as promoted by Wayne on his FB.

the Cure and Wayne 1997. Not too shabby
That's actually the ultra bonkers Finsbury Park one in 1993. Boris' last show.

This is the LA 97 show

He did one in 96 too as Bob had to dash off early for a plane.

:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:Image

one of my top 5 albums ever. indeed the second side was only superseeded as the greatest side of vinyl ever pressed by the second side of MRX027 IMHO. :von:
Von's favourite album when he was at school apparently.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Only five tracks in, but better than the previous record.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

new PIL: gotta get this one!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:This Siouxsie debate all sounds familiar. Band not as good as they once were say some, others saying the opposite. Now where have I heard this before ?
:lol: :notworthy:
—Bertrand Russell