How do I print cd booklets the correct size?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

I have a few Sisters bootlegs,mainly from Circles excellent site and many come with scans of front and back covers,inlays etc. I wanted to print my own but for the life of me I can't get them to print the proper size.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Dan
Overbomber

When I load an image into Paint Shop Pro and select 'print' it has a setting for width and height in millimetres. When I print CD inlays I do them at 122mm x 122mm because the recommended 120mm seems a bit loose.
Being645
Above the Chemist

The size of booklets or covers and tray inlays for CDs and DVDs are standardised. These standards can be found everywhere in the web, for a starter check wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_disc_packaging

You have to downsize the large pictures downloaded from circle (or from the SistersWiki) to the correct size.
To that purpose, open the picture in PhotoShop and chose the Image menu and then the Image Size option.
There you can adjust the size and the resolution of the picture. There are two main options for the for width and heigth:

- Pixel Dimension (upper side) for the pixels and therefore not useful here, and below:

- Document Size. This is the right one. First of all, make sure its in cm or inch depending on your printer settings, and then adjust the size to your needs ... :wink: ...

Resolution can be adjusted below. If your final picture is half the size in cm (or inch resp.), you can (and should) at the utmost double the resolution (pixels/cm or pixels/inch).

Save the picture (preferrably under a different name in case something should have gone wrong) and print it ... :D ...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

I used to use Excel and set up cells into a template. Then just drag, drop, resize any images into that framework.

Print and trim. Dead easy
Goths have feelings too
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Free programme - Cover XP

I've been using the so called trial version for about 10 years. Just drag and drop the artwork for cd booklets, rear trays, DVD cases etc, or use your own basic text/artwork.
Give me one good reason
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Spiggy's hat wrote:Free programme - Cover XP

I've been using the so called trial version for about 10 years. Just drag and drop the artwork for cd booklets, rear trays, DVD cases etc, or use your own basic text/artwork.
Thank you,this might be what I need,whilst the above comment are helpful I don't have photoshop or excel etc. I'll give this a go.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

it's a great little free programme this cover XP ribbons , although I thought they called it undercover XP

i also have been using it for quite a few years now , and just today downloaded it onto my new mini tower PC
I go to gigs, and if there is any money left, I eat
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

Just adding to the above post Ribbons.
I downloaded the Undercover XP onto my new mini Pc.
the programmes fine just like the one on my old PC except
now on this latest version of Undercover XP , it gives you an unwanted annoying search engine called My Way. You can't get rid of it just by doing a system restore, but you will have to read up on how to get rid of my way, just annoying they put this into it. Sorry if this has caused any inconvenience to you.
I go to gigs, and if there is any money left, I eat
Pista
Cureboi

If worst comes to the worst, any image editing software will resize the images the way you need them.
You don't need photoshop or paintshop pro.
MS paint will do it, as will photo editor. :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity