Vinyl re-issue of FLOODLAND + 3 EPs

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:I wonder if they can put it in a better sleeve.
That floating heads one is pretty bad.
Proof, were it needed, that people on coke think they're producing great work when they are, in fact, turning out s**t. :wink:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
mh
Above the Chemist

Drsisters wrote:Need I say more ? Clueless as I said, no quality control at all.
Quality control is actually very evident on the vinyl itself, as well as (to a slightly lesser extent) on the HD download. It's all of the other downloads that appear to be messed-up with wrong versions in one way or another.

This can't be emphasised enough: the vinyl boxset is a thing of genuine beauty. It's a really well put-together package, manufactured to an incredibly high standard, and even the most demanding fan couldn't (within the constraints of presenting the 84/85 material as originally issued) ask for more.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Indeed
Pista
Cureboi

Getting confused now.
Are we talking about FALAA or Floodland now?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Do we know if these are merely fresh pressings or if they are being remastered too?
Being645
Wiki Wizard

I really wonder what could be remastered about Floodland ... the tracks sound so perfectly recorded to me ...

So, the only benefit were having the singles, too, on 180g vinyl, which surely were not a bad thing.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:I really wonder what could be remastered about Floodland ... the tracks sound so perfectly recorded to me ...

So, the only benefit were having the singles, too, on 180g vinyl, which surely were not a bad thing.
Not sure if that swings it for me. :|

The real attraction, given I already have all the records in both cases, is the the FALAA ones really do sound far superior to the originals.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Erudite wrote:
Being645 wrote:I really wonder what could be remastered about Floodland ... the tracks sound so perfectly recorded to me ...

Not sure if that swings it for me. :|

The real attraction, given I already have all the records in both cases, is the the FALAA ones really do sound far superior to the originals.
e

For me there is a point. My stereo is still my old beloved one from the 1980s ... and I prefer listening to vinyls.
But I don't really dare to play them and rather turn to CDs in order to avoid damages.
As soon as there is a supply of stable new vinyls secured, I can play my old ones freely ... ;D ;D ;D ...

Of course, for FALAA the recordings might be way better than before.
But I won't check before I've got another stereo ... and this might take a long time ... :wink: ...
robertzombie
Overbomber

180g doesn't necessary = greater sound quality than standard weight 140g vinyl. It is purely a gimick.

Yes, the record will be remastered because they are not using original metal parts. Every time a lacquer is cut it is RE-mastered.
DomConway
Filth

Just spotted the iTunes preorder tracklist. Same release date as Amazon - 25 Sept. "Collection" includes all the below, also available seperately.

Floodland
1 Dominion / Mother Russia
2 Flood I
3 Lucretia My Reflection (Vinyl Version)
4 1959
5 This Corrosion
6 Flood II (Vinyl Version)
7 Driven Like the Snow (Vinyl Version)
8 Never Land (A Fragment)

This Corrosion - single
1 This Corrosion (12'' Version)
2 Torch
3 Colours

Dominion - EP
1 Dominion (12'' Edit)
2 Untitled
3 Sandstorm
4 Emma

Lucreatia My Reflection - Single
1 Lucretia My Reflection (12'' Version)
2 Long Train

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/flood ... 1027459550
the only thing to fear is fear itself
ww23
Road Kill

Information on Floodland re-issue box here:
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/ ... dland-box/
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Do I win £5 if I correctly guess the next re-issue?
Four strings good, six strings bad
GC
Slight Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote:Do I win £5 if I correctly guess the next re-issue?
You 're thinking SSV? :D
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I think The Next One, with Summer (7")
robertzombie
Overbomber

I like the sound of those "vinyl versions". Looks like my recent project might become unnecessary quicker than I anticipated!
Being645
Wiki Wizard

robertzombie wrote:I like the sound of those "vinyl versions". Looks like my recent project might become unnecessary quicker than I anticipated!
Absolutely NOT! Vinyl is vinyl - CD (data) is a different thing.

Nothing could make up for the great job you did there ... except some CD release.
But that is unlikely ... :D ... and who knows whether they would sound as good as yours ... ;D ...
robertzombie
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:and who knows whether they would sound as good as yours ... ;D ...
Good point ;)
Pat
Slight Overbomber

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Floodland-Colle ... =floodland

Nearly £68 :eek:

I'm thinking this maybe a Xmas pressie rather than a preorder.

Anyone any idea why this would be more expensive than FALAA , rather than it just sold more than FALAA ?
robertzombie
Overbomber

I think it'll come down. I had to badger their customer service to put it on the site.
robertzombie
Overbomber

It's £40 on .de
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Cheers Robert, they must have been (slightly) stung with their original pre order price on FALAA.
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Amazon now up to £86 .
TOUCHED BY CORROSION
Road Kill

...and the release date is October 27, 2015 now!?! WTF???
robertzombie
Overbomber