Scissor Sisters version of Comfortably Numb?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.

Scissor Sisters version of Comfortably Numb?

Poll ended at 26 Jan 2004, 21:15

Bunch of Arse
89%
Genius
11%

Total votes: 18
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

I've just had the misfortume of hearing this on BBC Radio 2.:urff:
Roger Waters must surely be livid! :?
The Scene won't save you...
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Now what two people voted genius???
Only a paand.
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I did. It was the option closest in spirit to "decent".
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
James Blast
Banned

mugabe wrote:I did. It was the option closest in spirit to "decent".
You are depraved!
THE Pink Floyd and only Mr. David Gilmour on guitar!
D'yuh hear me son?

only joking Mugabe :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Black Horizon wrote:FECKING TERRIBLE!!! They should be raped in the arse with SATAN'S FORK and forced to EAT s**t at the same time for making that cover, cos it's such an amazing song and they have VIOLATED it!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
and reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelax.

;) :innocent:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Silver_Owl
The Don

Black Horizon wrote:FECKING TERRIBLE!!! They should be raped in the arse with SATAN'S FORK and forced to EAT COW PAT at the same time for making that cover, cos it's such an amazing song and they have VIOLATED it!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Having just heard it I fully agree, in fact I don't think you're being harsh enough. It sounds like the Bee Gees - is there a sample of them in there too? It's just f**king terrible in every aspect and I'm wholly offended by it.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Dan
Overbomber

I heard this for the first time today.
I had the TV on which is rare for me, and top of the pops just started, and that song came on, and like slowing down to see a car crash I couldn't resist not turning the tv off. OH, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I wished I had. It was truly horrible.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

I can't get my head around it. The original is a really moving song, and they've completely ignored it and turned it into chart fodder. I wonder if PF and Roger Waters heard it before it was released.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
ryan

whats next? a hip hop stairway to heaven?
Gripper

ryan_w_0000 wrote:whats next? a hip hop stairway to heaven?
Wouldn't be surprised. A friend of mine and emiline is making a film about that song- or with that song as a soundtrack- anyway, it doesn't matter. Thing is, he's found covers of 'Stairway to heaven' by the O Jays, Van Halen, The Eagles, Foo Fighters, a Gregorian Chant version, Hendrix, Metallica, Guns n' Roses, Neil Sedaka, Rolf Harris, Dolly Parton, Dave Matthews, Royal London Phil. Orchestra, Iron Maiden, Pat Boone, Tiny Tim, Skid Row and The Doors and "the Sisters of Mercy, whoever they were" (he's just SO funny) so far.

As has been proved before, nothing is sacred.
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
James Blast
Banned

Gripper wrote:... Skid Row and The Doors and "the Sisters of Mercy, whoever they were" (he's just SO funny) so far.

As has been proved before, nothing is sacred.
Don't forget Rolf Harris.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Gripper wrote:Wouldn't be surprised. A friend of mine and emiline is making a film about that song- or with that song as a soundtrack- anyway, it doesn't matter. Thing is, he's found covers of 'Stairway to heaven' by the O Jays, Van Halen, The Eagles, Foo Fighters, a Gregorian Chant version, Hendrix, Metallica, Guns n' Roses, Neil Sedaka, Rolf Harris, Dolly Parton, Dave Matthews, Royal London Phil. Orchestra, Iron Maiden, Pat Boone, Tiny Tim, Skid Row and The Doors and "the Sisters of Mercy, whoever they were" (he's just SO funny) so far.
Don't forget Dread Zeppelin - the band were notorious for doing reggae versions of Led Zep songs with Elvis-style vocals... :urff:
The Scene won't save you...
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Just bought The Wall CD from HMV for 11.99 - allegedly usually 30 quid. Bargain. Looking forward to seeing if it's still 3 sides too long. Also bought Piper At The Gates Of Dawn and the biography Saucerful Of Secrets. I've decided I need to re-evaluate things after only recently finding out about some geezer called Syd Barrett. Maybe I should've read about music/ bands as well as listening to it/ them. Doh!
Go to sleep now, Francis.
James Blast
Banned

Thrash Harry wrote:Just bought The Wall CD from HMV
You really got to hear 'Is There Anybody Out There?' The Wall live, Thrash, it truely is awsome.

I split an infinitive there, didn't I?
~ Peter Steele
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Is that an official release?
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Reds is right. 'Is There Anybody Out There?' is brilliant. It's a shame they didn't film the entire Wall concerts properly. I know they filmed a few songs but not the entire set.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
James Blast
Banned

It is indeed.
A Box Set of 2 CDs and an extensive booklet, Thrash, If you need any more info, sounds :innocent: PM me.
~ Peter Steele
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

You mean I've got to get up close and personal? Well, seeing as it's you, you old giffer. Tell me why.
James Blast
Banned

The Wall on album is great, The Wall Live! is awesome Dude!
'Is There Anybody Out There?' (which I have) takes it to a new rougher level.

Sold?
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

snubnoseuk wrote:Reds is right. 'Is There Anybody Out There?' is brilliant.
:notworthy: Thankee :notworthy:
~ Peter Steele
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

So, is it better than the movie? Think I might have seen this and nearly bought it today, but was stumped at paying full price for a DVD (5 quid's generally my limit - it's a Yorkshire thing). Remember a once close but now long lost friend of mine worked on a hot dog stand @ Wembley Arena when The Wall was on in 1980/ 81 (?) but don't remember them having released a live album. Is that recent then?
James Blast
Banned

Not so recent Thrash, it slipped through my radar too. A mate bought me it from a 2nd hand store in Glasgow for about £7 which is shocking!
~ Peter Steele
Andy TG
Overbomber

Red Sunsets wrote:It is indeed.
A Box Set of 2 CDs and an extensive booklet, Thrash, If you need any more info, sounds :innocent: PM me.
@ RS - was that the 2 CD set with the "Flashing Red Light" thingy?
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
James Blast
Banned

No ATG, that was a later live document called 'Pulse' which I never bought or copied. I feel enuff 'z' nuff and PF released so many live albums after Waters left. I cherry pick, like I do with The Sisters, good sound and good performance is what I'm after, not everything. Just quality.

a curmdgeonly
Blast
~ Peter Steele
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Where's my head?
Zed's dead
Time for bed
Too much red
Shouldn't have read
This here thread
Where's Zed?
In my head
Who's dead?