Sound Difference Between Box Set and 1st Edition FalaA?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
BodyElectrified
Road Kill

So I recently bought the FaLaA Box Set thing, and I was wondering if there's a significant difference between the songs on there and on the 1st edition vinyls? Thing is, I don't have any of the 1st edition vinyls (rather new fan here) and I was wondering if they're even worth getting if I have the box set. thanks!
Pista
Cureboi

They are certainly worth it.
There's a whole thread here where you'll get an idea of the differences. :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

but for the record the box-set is supposed to be the same mix as the first edition vinyl.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
mh
Above the Chemist

If you have the box set, IMO the only reason to seek out the 1st edition vinyls is if you like collecting stuff and want to have copies of everything.

What you might like to get a copy of, depending how completist you are, is the 1992 "remaster" of FALAA owing to the inclusion of different (and, by general consensus, inferior) mixes of certain tracks.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
robertzombie
Overbomber

The new box set is the best this record has ever sounded. You might also want the MFSL remaster, which uses the Japanese mixes and sounds very good all things considered.

WEA used cheap vinyl for the first pressing and poor packaging, in my experience it's very difficult to track down a copy that will play without excessive noise. If you still want an original I'd recommend the American pressing. Better quality vinyl and better mastering, much punchier than the German.