rien's Shameless Stand-Up Plugs

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
rien
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Thought I'd open an extra thread for them instead of using the events one ;)

I'll be doing 10 minutes of stand-up tomorrow (24th Oct) at Café Mode (https://www.facebook.com/ctrlaltcomedy/ ... b=overview), together with other comedians. Show starts at 8 pm, and... I think it's free?

Also, 19th November: 5-7 minutes at the Oxford Arms in London (Monkey Business), show also starts at 8 pm.
http://www.monkeybusinesscomedyclub.co. ... omedy-club

[imagine tophat smiley here]
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

You've reminded me to check out your youtube...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

You are funny, but I knew that anyway from here and from Twitter and stuff.

But you can perform it as well, and you have the guts to actually get up there. :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
rien

markfiend wrote:You are funny, but I knew that anyway from here and from Twitter and stuff.

But you can perform it as well, and you have the guts to actually get up there. :notworthy:
THANK YOU!!! It means a lot.

:oops: ;D :kiss: :notworthy:
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
Pista
Cureboi

You set 'em up. We'll knock 'em down.
Love to see talent & talent you have. :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
rien

Pista wrote:You set 'em up. We'll knock 'em down.
Love to see talent & talent you have. :notworthy:
Since I've already used a lot of the standard smileys for my first reply:
[insert hug smiley here] :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
rien

Tonight at Café Mode, Endell Street. I have no idea when it starts because nobody bothered to put up event pages or flyers, but the owner told me to be there at 7 pm. I'll be doing 15 minutes O.O
Being645
Wiki Wizard

rien wrote:Tonight at Café Mode, Endell Street. I have no idea when it starts because nobody bothered to put up event pages or flyers, but the owner told me to be there at 7 pm. I'll be doing 15 minutes O.O
Good luck! ... :D ... and please post a link to the vid afterwards, if there is one ... :kiss: ;D ...
rien

Being645 wrote:
rien wrote:Tonight at Café Mode, Endell Street. I have no idea when it starts because nobody bothered to put up event pages or flyers, but the owner told me to be there at 7 pm. I'll be doing 15 minutes O.O
Good luck! ... :D ... and please post a link to the vid afterwards, if there is one ... :kiss: ;D ...
Thank you! This went so much better than the last time (last time in the same venue, they hated me. But tonight was a different crowd, and some of my friends were there, too).

And yes, I do have a video, and I will upload and post it tomorrow :D

Oh, in the meantime, I sang/played two songs on Thursday:
https://youtu.be/oFFNRj6rZUM

Unfortunately I didn't enjoy myself at all because I couldn't hear my voice, and that's not exactly helping the singing. It dawned on me afterwards that I could have just turned the guitar down, but apparently my brain stops working when I'm on a stage.
rien

Being645
Wiki Wizard

Thanks for the links ... :D ... I'm a bit in a hurry now, will watch it later tonight ... :D ...
Being645
Wiki Wizard

rien wrote: Oh, in the meantime, I sang/played two songs on Thursday:

Unfortunately I didn't enjoy myself at all because I couldn't hear my voice, and that's not exactly helping the singing. It dawned on me afterwards that I could have just turned the guitar down, but apparently my brain stops working when I'm on a stage.
Cool. You did manage very well, nonetheless. And you're good at that.
I like your way to perform.
rien wrote:Aw yiss:

https://youtu.be/DdFLsWt-MHk
OK, if you take some issue for difficult, think twice! There are, imho, difficult issues but you are authentic. Anyway, I'd check how other people have tackled it, could be beneficial for yourself as well. Of course, I fully agree on Jolene! It's so good that you do that drama school ... wonderful, almost Eden ... enjoy !!! ... :D ...
rien

Being645 wrote:
rien wrote: Oh, in the meantime, I sang/played two songs on Thursday:

Cool. You did manage very well, nonetheless. And you're good at that.
I like your way to perform.
rien wrote:Aw yiss:

https://youtu.be/DdFLsWt-MHk
OK, if you take some issue for difficult, think twice! There are, imho, difficult issues but you are authentic. Anyway, I'd check how other people have tackled it, could be beneficial for yourself as well. Of course, I fully agree on Jolene! It's so good that you do that drama school ... wonderful, almost Eden ... enjoy !!! ... :D ...
I only just saw this! Thanks for the feedback :D :notworthy: :notworthy:

BTW, I'm doing 10 mins at the Sun Inn in Reading tonight. Because apparently past!me hates present!me.

Also 5 minutes at Café Mode in London on the 5th next week.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

rien wrote: I only just saw this! Thanks for the feedback :D :notworthy: :notworthy:
No problem. Keep us updated with vid links ... ;D :kiss: ...
rien

Being645 wrote:
rien wrote: I only just saw this! Thanks for the feedback :D :notworthy: :notworthy:
I will assign someone to film me tomorrow! Didn't do that in Reading since I was recycling material... and also I ended up more or less dying on my arse O.O
Being645
Wiki Wizard

rien wrote:
Being645 wrote:
I will assign someone to film me tomorrow! Didn't do that in Reading since I was recycling material... and also I ended up more or less dying on my arse O.O
There are always some of those days ... *sigh ...

Good luck and loads of inspiration for today ... :kiss: :D ...
rien

Being645 wrote: Good luck and loads of inspiration for today ... :kiss: :D ...
Aw, thank you so much! Unfortunately, I've decided not to do tonight after all because I'm a bit ill, super tired, and there is absolutely zero promotion for it online and I'm not wiling to do another* unpaid gig in front of a bunch of other comedians...

*well, they're all unpaid