Alan Rickman RIP

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35313604

Snape is dead

Seriously, FUCK CANCER
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

What a shiatty year.

RIP Metatron. Hope you don't end up in Wisconsin.

:(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Overbomber

Pista wrote:What a shiatty year.

He really was perfect as Metatron, wasn't he?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Pista
Cureboi

sultan2075 wrote:
Pista wrote:What a shiatty year.

He really was perfect as Metatron, wasn't he?
For me it was his best role.
Tell a person that you're the Metatron and they stare at you blankly. Mention something out of a Charlton Heston movie and suddenly everybody is a theology scholar.
:notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Overbomber

I'm inclined to agree.

It's a very underrated film, with surprising amounts of theological depth underneath all the dick jokes.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
czuczu
Overbomber

...and the best ever portrayal of God. And George Carlin.

But Hans Gruber will always be my fav
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I loved him in everything he did I don't ever recall him giving a poor performance. He could chill you at ten paces without speaking. He even looked uncannily like Eamon DeValera in Michael Collins. Huge loss
mh
Above the Chemist

My favourite Alan Rickman story - and one that's not well (or at all) known, is from when they were shooting Michael Collins. A guy I worked with at the time went down to see if he could get in as an extra, and during one scene one of the other extras fixes Rickman with a steely glare and declares:

"You're not Eamonn De Valera".

(drum roll)

"You're THE SHERIFF OF NOTTINGHAM!"

Cue uproarious laughter, etc. Wrecked the scene, of course. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

David Bowie dead at 69. Alan Rickman dead at 69. Donald Trump alive at 69.

THE WORLD IS s**t!!!
Anger Is An Energy
iesus
Overbomber

Phil wrote:David Bowie dead at 69. Alan Rickman dead at 69. Donald Trump alive at 69.

THE WORLD IS s**t!!!
Wait till next goal of Aaron Ramsey and add a day max...

Btw rip Rickman, he was very good at CBGB movie too among other roles like Metatron
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."