Re-run of currently watching

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Anyone watching Deutschland 83 on 4?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

A Sunday evening delight: Sherlock Holmes (from the beginning, which is sezon #1). Yesterday episode when Sh. met his nemezis - Moriarty.
Damn fine episode :notworthy:
Big Si
School Bully

EvilBastard wrote:Anyone watching Deutschland 83 on 4?
Great series. It was originally on over in Deutschland back in the Summer. Full series can be seen online :innocent: :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Debaser
Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:Anyone watching Deutschland 83 on 4?
Yep and enjoying it hugely. Also watching 100 Code which is great. However, I have to concentrate i.e. not tootle about on the pute at the same time as they are sub-titled.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
rien
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Star Trek: The Naked Time. Ah, the 60s.
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Great movie about disgusting thing. Great acting (Keaton! Ruffalo!!). I'm wondering how it looks in Poland, Spain, Italy and countries in South America. :urff:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Good movie. Nice jokes about religion, socio-economics views, movie industries.
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

This weekend:
1. Big Short. Not such bad movie, but also not so great either. A bit too flat when it comes to factual level of why this crisis happened (they forget that above greedy of banks and people there was suport for that greedy fueled by aunties Freddie and Fanny). I didn't like that para-doc, breaking fourth wall, and MTV scenes. "Margin Call" is much better movie when it comes to this economic crisis topic.

2. Sicario. To quote Tuco Salamanca from Breaking Bad: Tight! Tight! Tight!. Great, tight, plot. Whether if it's possible it's something different. Benicio Tel Toro played great role.
:notworthy:

3. Above that two episodes of Narcos. Very good series, I'm looking forward to see more episodes.
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Just watched

Absolutely top fillum - wasn't sure how they were going to end it, won't spoil it for you but it's a belter. If you've not seen it, you should. Some class (if completely non-PC) jokes in there too.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

EvilBastard wrote:Just watched

Absolutely top fillum - wasn't sure how they were going to end it, won't spoil it for you but it's a belter. If you've not seen it, you should. Some class (if completely non-PC) jokes in there too.
i've just finished reading that -didn't know there was a film. very funny.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Big Si
School Bully

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:Just watched

i've just finished reading that -didn't know there was a film. very funny.
It was the No.1 Film in Germany last Autumn. There's a few things in the movie that are different from the Book, but it's still a great film :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
czuczu
Overbomber

Funny.
:D
Pista
Cureboi

Flowers.

Gotta love a good black comedy
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
czuczu
Overbomber

Sicario. The first 40 minutes is stunning, this guy is perfect for directing the Blade Runner sequel.

The whole film is great, the level of atmosphere, all the wide exteriors and location stuff. Loved it.
Alex66
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

https://vimeo.com/96927921
I am in it for oh 60 seconds or so, not a goat this time, which always seems odd.
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

czuczu wrote:Sicario. The first 40 minutes is stunning, this guy is perfect for directing the Blade Runner sequel.

The whole film is great, the level of atmosphere, all the wide exteriors and location stuff. Loved it.
Agree, movie is intense, plus that atmposphere. It's doomy, it's extremely negative, but it's very good.
And it's gonna be make Sicario 2, with Del Toro, Brolin and Blunt. We'll see if it's gonna be at least as good as pt 1.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Good movie for fans of brutalism, both in architectural meaning and more literal. I read half of novel few years ago, but this movie reminds me more of few last Ballard's books ("Millenium people", "Kingdom come").
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Yesterday:
:eek: That looks more like part(s) of United Mexican States is a fallen state. Kinda remind me "Sicario", but in real life - if you're dealing with someone who's rejecting any humanitarian right and freedoms and laws, then you can't act like a typical social activist.
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
czuczu
Overbomber

Indie sci-fi - short, low key, dense with detail and requires rewatching to get all of it but still great.

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Last night: Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 5 "The Door"

No spoilers, but...

OH

MY

GOD!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Last night: Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 5 "The Door"

No spoilers, but...

OH

MY

GOD!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

Disturbing stuff.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.