Spam via Private Message

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
rien
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

So yeah, I just received a scam on here via PM, from username rosinxs.

Which is pretty puzzling to me because it seems like a lot of work for potentially little outcome *shakes head*
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
lordofthepies
Road Kill

Well I've claimed the 1.2 million dorrah on offer, I'll split it with you if you promise to spend it in serving The Lord. That way I can spend my half on hookers and coke without feeling too guilty.
I loved that pigeon as a man loves a woman, and she loved me.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I feel so ignored, almost as Finland, A poor second to Belgium. :|
Squeakymouse
Road Kill
Location: The place in the side of our lives where nothing is ever put straight

Yes I got one of those too...
Some days I amaze myself. Other days I put the laundry in the oven.
Alex66

I got this BS:

Dearest in the lord,
I am Mrs. Roseline Henry from Sierra Leone, When my late husband was alive, he deposited the sum of $1.2 Million (USD) dollars in a Local Bank here in Lome, Togo. I have being diagnosed with esophageal cancer and my Doctor told me that it is a delicate situation and having known my conditions, I have decided to donate this fund to a good person that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein. I want you to be the caretaker and use this fund for orphanages, widows and also propagating the word of God and to endeavor that the house of God is maintained. Assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein and reply me immediately at rhenri1955@outlook.com

Thanks and remain blessed in the Lord.

Ms.Roseline Henry

So I thought if I blew the lot on holidays, nice furniture and meals etc as my wife has a high possibility of being a widow at some point (17 yrs diff) Im spending it on widows right?
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
rien

What if you mis-read it and spend it on windows instead? Mean they're a handy thing to have, windows.
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've banned her. Thanks for bringing it up.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

I got one too. It's always nice to get post. I've got high hopes for this one, almost as much as this one...

All together now...

Ground Control to Major Abacha Tunde...

Take your protein pills and..

Not quite as catchy is it?
Anger Is An Energy
EvilBastard
Overbomber

rien wrote:What if you mis-read it and spend it on windows instead? Mean they're a handy thing to have, windows.
Especially since the windows in the house of God are all in need of replacement. Not to mention the flashing, missing slates, the boiler's on its last legs and that avocado bathroom suite has got to go. There's a mate of a bloke I know reckons he can do the whole thing for $1m cash, so the widows and orphans are going to have make do with a long weekend in Cleethorpes at Miss Orfly-Stingy's B&B (no women in the rooms, doors locked between 10am and 4pm, and at 10pm sharp, limit of 2 slices of toast p/p) in February.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

you are all too late, I contacted already contacted her. As soon as the money hits my account I'm using it to fund the new record (or the second coming, whichever happens first)
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

hmmph ive been here longer or at least as long as all the above posters (MF excepted) and i've never been sent any spam, spam and eggs, spam and scam, nigerian scam and spam, nigerian spam, spam, albatross with chips and spam, egg,chips and spam or spam surprise (only ingredient is spam).

ive had a few snide wankers from the various offspring of mr and mrs James Ray (snr) trying to threaten me/back down from threatening my friends/carry on the "von is gay" yawn-thread of yesteryear but apart from them its always been some bloody scrounging goth demanding the wild plants from my garden that i apparently owe them. :roll:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:you are all too late, I contacted already contacted her. As soon as the money hits my account I'm using it to fund the new record (or the second coming, whichever happens first)
But she trusted you to use it for windows and orphanages!
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

stufarq wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:you are all too late, I contacted already contacted her. As soon as the money hits my account I'm using it to fund the new record (or the second coming, whichever happens first)
But she trusted you to use it for windows and orphanages!
But also for " propagating the word of God" or The Sisters of Mercy. Just perhaps a different Sisters.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I am a bit confused

Is it right there's been a rumour from Nigerian ground Control?

Oh no don't say it's true

Major Abache Tunde wants to come home now that he's heard that Mrs Rosaline Henry's husband is dead

I hope the shrieking of nothing doesn't break too many windows
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Microcosmia

I got that one from rosinxs too and like a previous poster I thought she might be on the wrong Sisters of Mercy forum :)
eastmidswhizzkid

Microcosmia wrote:like a previous poster I thought she might be on the wrong Sisters of Mercy forum :)
whichever way you look at it she definitely was.

abridged
Slight Overbomber

I remember in the days before t'internet I would get the occasional letter addressed to the 'Kommandant' of the gallery I worked in. Did my power-crazed bit of ego no harm! :wink: ;D
The Chancer Corporation
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

it'll still never happen.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
lordofthepies
Road Kill

That's right, because it was actually me who contacted her first. :P
eastmidswhizzkid

lordofthepies wrote:That's right, because it was actually me who contacted her first. :P
so it's you that's blown it for us all! nice one PieLord, cheers. :roll: :lol:

Poisonheart
Road Kill

Well, she replied and said I could either have the millions of quids or I could give her 500 quid for a Damage Done with the cross not visible on the front cover, so I went for the latter. What a nice lady!
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Phil wrote:Ground Control to Major Abacha Tunde...
That one's a real gem, thanks for posting it!