Its that guitar sound........

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

mh wrote:To give Wayne his due, he did write one of the standout classic TSOM choonz, i.e Marian.
So good that he went on to write it another three times :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote:
mh wrote:To give Wayne his due, he did write one of the standout classic TSOM choonz, i.e Marian.
Miaow. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

markfiend wrote:
... :lol: :lol: .... Well now, there's another "original" to come ... ;D :lol: :lol: ....

but hell, if The Sisters of Mercy play their songs for decades ... uhm, that seems not the worst strategy after all ... ;D :lol: ...
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Let the boy do his thing, imo. Obviously whatever Wayne is doing isn't compatible with the Sisters and it's not very productive to juxtapose them like that, but I enjoyed the song.
markfiend wrote:I will grant that Wayne did write the music for a few of the F&L&A songs but IMO viewed as a whole that's four or five songs out of a much larger corpus of work.
Plus, I think both Andrew and Gary have credited him for the overarching sound of FALAA, the richness of arrangement and the gloomy-pretty guitars. Those are like the defining qualities of one era of the Sisters, and Wayne brought them to the band.