Kick Out The Tories?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.

Which Way Now?

The Raving-Mad Right aka Barking Boris
No votes
The Looney Left aka Commie Corbyn
61%
Camer-On Regardless
9%
String 'em all up with piano wire from lamp-posts and try something new?
30%

Total votes: 23
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Bent politicians eh? who'da thunk it? H'especially those hoity-toity toffee-nosed tories- what is the world coming to?

if, like me, you're not at all surprised to find out the PM's a wrong 'un then maybe youve already thought through some of the various possible consequences that different responses to this situation could have.
on the principal of the fact that Cameron's committed a criminal offense and wilfully attempted to deceive the country of course he should go, but then what?

will a toppled tory gov lead to a triple-dip recession, waves of so-called blah-blah-blah coming over here to take all our women/jobs/ anything not nailed down? and us without a roman candle to defend ourselves with cuz the commies have given all the bombs to the darkies and wont sing god save the queen? (or somethng).

or will an early bath for dave simply be the end of the whole europe debate as Boris makes a right fucking pigs-ear of everything? (with the possible exception of pig-fucking which he seems almost competent at)

thoughts please HLers, both ill-considered and otherwise.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Alex66
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

OK I voted for that mildly right wing Corbyn, was a hard choice though a lot could do with a bit of jail time or stringing up. Can we do the compliant press at the same time with their refusal to air proper thought out alternative views? When was the last time you saw even a mild (political/economically) person arguing for a Kensyan economic policy? Im sure beastiality is illegal regardless of it being in jest or a dead animal so why no investigation of an historic sex offence?
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

I voted Corbyn and I'll continue to vote Labour for real because, even though I'm not convinced on his Prime Ministerial credentials, could he really be any worse than what we have now?

Plus I think he'd get on with both Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping and that could be more important than getting on with Donald Trump.
Anger Is An Energy
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Not surprised about the Tories, same thing happened when they were in power in the 80s. Of course Cameron should go, the longer he stays on the easier it is for the next morally bankrupt leader to hang on. The Tories have always been " do as I say not do as I do" people who voted Tory knew exactly what they were getting but that's not an excuse for him to stay.
Pista
Cureboi

Someone's trying to sell Cameron on evilbay
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

sorry to bring up swine again but this cunt is one greasy pig.... and he's obviously not gonna fall on his sword.

says he doesn't want people to have the impression that the acquisition of wealth is a bad thing? then perhaps he should acquire / declare /manage his wealth legally! what a tosser!

emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Cameron was only £33 last time i saw!
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Seems like in much of the Western world, there's some kind of political degeneracy settling in... in Britain you have Cameron and that bearded weirdo, in Germany, the established parties are losing the ground under their feet and the US has people like Trump and Hillary running for the top job. Whither next?
sultan2075
Overbomber

nowayjose wrote:Seems like in much of the Western world, there's some kind of political degeneracy settling in... in Britain you have Cameron and that bearded weirdo, in Germany, the established parties are losing the ground under their feet and the US has people like Trump and Hillary running for the top job. Whither next?
It won't be good, whatever it is.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
eastmidswhizzkid

sultan2075 wrote:
nowayjose wrote:Seems like in much of the Western world, there's some kind of political degeneracy settling in... in Britain you have Cameron and that bearded weirdo, in Germany, the established parties are losing the ground under their feet and the US has people like Trump and Hillary running for the top job. Whither next?
It won't be good, whatever it is.
within the bounds of possibility that the chinese will have a ding-dong with russia over the price of fish and it'll be goodnight vienna... :?

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Lord Acton had it right.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

But anyway...

The current system whereby the poor are hurt the worst by "austerity" at the same time that the rich can salt away their money in these tax-havens is obviously deeply unfair. Also the indignation shown by the likes of Alan Duncan proves that the Tories believe that they have the right to enrich themselves at our expense.

Any taxation system should be progressive: the more money you make, the higher proportion of your income you should contribute to the state. The present situation is precisely backwards.

For instance, I figure that about 35% of my gross income goes to the exchequer in Income Tax, National Insurance, VAT and other duties; what proportion of his real (offshore undeclared) income does someone like Cameron pay? I'm willing to bet it's a hell of a lot less than 35%.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Aaaaaaand.... MPs who benefit from a lack of transparency in taxation vote against taxation transparency. https://twitter.com/HouseofCommons/stat ... 3819194368
—Bertrand Russell
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:Someone's trying to sell Cameron on evilbay
:lol: :notworthy: