Goff: Bass player and singer wanted

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
ILiveInDMinor
Road Kill

Hi there,

I'm J. I'm 26, based in York, and play the guitar. I'm looking to form a 'classic' Goff-rock band in the vein of the Sisters, Children on Stun, Rosetta Stone etc. I'd like to find a bass player and a singer of either gender, passionate about the music and prepared to take it as seriously as I am!

I'd like to start off using a drum-machine, as it is so much easier to rehearse and demo with, but if we find the right drummer along the way...why not?
I'm a seasoned guitarist and have been in bands before, but have been out of it for a while now. At the moment my setup is fairly modest, but I have some money aside to invest in new gear if things get serious.

Ideally:

- Passionate about Goth music

- Similar age

- Can play

- Want's to write and perform original material

Give me a shout if this sounds like you!
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Can't help you, I'm afraid, since I lost the bucket that I used to use to carry a tune about in, but perhaps this page will be of interest..?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I fail on both the "similar age" and "can play" points ;D

but good luck.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
ILiveInDMinor
Road Kill

Thanks mate, I'm getting the band itch again and really want to get something together soon!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I have bass guitar, I can't play it, I have few goff albums (TSOM, Bauhaus, Fields of Flour), I'm still (aber not very long) under 30. We can play via Skype. Can I join? ;D
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Three Thunderbirds gathering dust since The Marching Men's demise. Also small child may cause an issue, but any interest?
Four strings good, six strings bad
ILiveInDMinor
Road Kill

Hi Norman,

That sounds like an invitation to me! If you fancy, we could grab a beer and plot world domination. I'm based in York, but anywhere is good - I'm fully mobile!

J
ILiveInDMinor
Road Kill

I warn you though, I have a penchant for the acoustic 12-string and paisley shirts...
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Get back on it, Oor Mark! 8)
ILiveInDMinor
Road Kill

Cheers Tim! I've got a few rough demos knocking around at the moment.
Are you appearing at the Smurphs show in July again? Thoroughly enjoyed it last time.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Outlook Good 8)