That Guitarist's Marian on youtube

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
ve
Road Kill

When I listened to it first, I wanted to be deaf. It's too lame.
Dance the ghost with me.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

ve wrote:When I listened to it first, I wanted to be deaf. It's too lame.
dont wish to deprive yourself...wish the gargoyle to be mute. :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Mav787
One life, all I need

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Lee, you're so mean.

When I saw The Sisters for the first time in May 1984 I was 14 years old. I remember standing on the rail in front of Wayne and being so impressed by his playing and his stage presence.

Like it or not, but he was a big part of the Sisters in '84 and '85.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Mav787 wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Lee, you're so mean.

When I saw The Sisters for the first time in May 1984 I was 14 years old. I remember standing on the rail in front of Wayne and being so impressed by his playing and his stage presence.

... :lol: ... his playing in 84/85, yeah, but we're talking 'bout his singing Marian today ... :lol: ...
ve
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:
Mav787 wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: dont wish to deprive yourself...wish the gargoyle to be mute. :twisted:
Lee, you're so mean.

... :lol: ... his playing in 84/85, yeah, but we're talking 'bout his singing Marian today ... :lol: ...
Well, Being is right dude sorry :)
He was a great musician, but even Rod Stewart would sing Marian better than him.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Mav787 wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Lee, you're so mean.

i would NEVER deny his role in the band or try to take anything from him for that. you forget that that was the same time that i got into the sisters too and to me that is the definitive line-up.
when the m*****n came out i bought records and went to gigs initially on the strength of his having been in the sisters and that only stopped when they stopped making good records.
it's his singing (and specifically singing this song) that is my problem here. i mislike anyone but Eldritch singing Sisters song. i'm not too keen on Anne-Marie singing Poison Door, and i'd get on my hands and knees and lick dog-shit from her feet if she asked me too!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
iesus
Overbomber

Rod Stewart singing Marian :D
Niceeeee, i would like to hear that 8)
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."