Second Referendum

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

anyone unhappy wwith brexit could do worse than sign this.
Petition for Second Referendum
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Randall Flagg
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:anyone unhappy wwith brexit could do worse than sign this.
Petition for Second Referendum
Signed this afternoon, I'm staggered by the rate the numbers are increasing - averaging hundreds per second at present...fascinating to watch.

Flagg
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

You can't have an election or referendum and then say, "That's not how I wanted it to go so let's have it again". Not happy with the result of a vote? Welcome to democracy.

And anyone who wanted there to be a 60% rule should have petitioned for it before the vote, not after.

Not that it'd make much difference. We'd vote again and get the same result.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Randall Flagg
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

stufarq wrote:You can't have an election or referendum and then say, "That's not how I wanted it to go so let's have it again". Not happy with the result of a vote? Welcome to democracy.

And anyone who wanted there to be a 60% rule should have petitioned for it before the vote, not after.

Not that it'd make much difference. We'd vote again and get the same result.

yeah - I know that - and realise this may sound silly, but just doing it made me feel (marginally) better.

F
czuczu
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:You can't have an election or referendum and then say, "That's not how I wanted it to go so let's have it again"
It worked for Ireland.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Maybe we could have a referendum to see if we want a Second Referendum

or is that what this petition is meant to do?
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

The Irish (and Danish) votes were on specific treaties, which need assent from all member states to be ratified. When Ireland and Denmark voted no, the EU gave them specific assurances backed up with op-outs, enabling them to hold second votes on different terms. A second referendum for the UK would require some serious concessions from the EU.

I also reckon it's much easier to vote again on a treaty with new terms attached than it is to tell the world we're leaving the EU but then go back and say, "Um, actually..."
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

czuczu wrote:
stufarq wrote:You can't have an election or referendum and then say, "That's not how I wanted it to go so let's have it again"
It worked for Ireland.
Also why not?!
If politicians have the right to say "The money we're gonna save will go to the NHS" and as soon as they've won withdraw from that,
then people might well have the right to demand a new election or referendum.

Lovely to see the numbers rising by by thousands per minute. Almost 10% of the population after not even one full day ...
approaching 3,100,000 by now ... also very interesting: the map view

Good luck! ... :) ...
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Maybe there should be a petition by the folk who want "Out" for not having a Second Referendum

and the one that gets the most signatures wins

It would be sort of like having a referendum
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
lordofthepies
Road Kill

Also that petition was started before the vote by someone on the leave side http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/w ... 2d331e1b39
I loved that pigeon as a man loves a woman, and she loved me.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

stufarq wrote:You can't have an election or referendum and then say, "That's not how I wanted it to go so let's have it again". Not happy with the result of a vote? Welcome to democracy.
apparently your leader doesnt agree: clicky.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
apparently your leader doesnt agree: clicky.
My leader? p*ss off. And for your info, I voted Remain, I'm just pragmatic about the result.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

lordofthepies wrote:Also that petition was started before the vote by someone on the leave side http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/w ... 2d331e1b39
Fair enough, although it still would have needed to be implemented before the vote.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I must admit that even that i dislike idea of Brexit and possible outcome of that step, whole concept of second referendum it's just plain stupid and naive. 72% of British allowed to vote population (over 35 mlions of people) decided. Some, if not most of them were catched on populistic slogans, untrues, half-true, overexagerretions and so, but it's a price that in democracy we have to pay.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Can't decide where to post it, but i think here's fits better. :lol: