Brexit?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Corbyn reminds me of the Bursar from Pratchett's Unseen University.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

nowayjose wrote:Corbyn reminds me of the Bursar from Pratchett's Unseen University.
:lol:

Weird, I always had him down as Foul Ole Ron...
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
iesus
Overbomber

Is this statement true ?
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Being645
Above the Chemist

iesus wrote:Image

Is this statement true ?
I think it's a fake.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

All the web pages carrying it are traceable back to a (now deleted?) tweet from @Taleof2Treaties, which appears to be a Eurosceptic account. If Schulz had actually said it, I'd expect reputable news media to be carrying - and properly sourcing - the story.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

Here's the speech of Martin Schulz at the European Council of June 28th, 2016 on the outcome of the UK referendum in original:

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/the-presi ... tin-schulz
iesus
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:Here's the speech of Martin Schulz at the European Council of June 28th, 2016 on the outcome of the UK referendum in original:

This quote don't exist in this speech which reference the word "British" 4 times, "crowd" is mentioned once as crowd-funding and "violated" is not mentioned at all. Only case an answer to interview or journalist in press or tv or radio.
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
Being645
Above the Chemist

iesus wrote:
Being645 wrote:Here's the speech of Martin Schulz at the European Council of June 28th, 2016 on the outcome of the UK referendum in original:

This quote don't exist in this speech which reference the word "British" 4 times, "crowd" is mentioned once as crowd-funding and "violated" is not mentioned at all. Only case an answer to interview or journalist in press or tv or radio.
If you read the speech instead of doing a word search, it might come clear to you that Schulz would never say something like that.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Indeed, the sentiments he expresses in that speech are pretty much opposite to what's attributed to him in that image.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

I would never swear that anyone could say something or not unless there are facts about that. M.S. is a politician and can say anything at different times and situations.
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Being645
Above the Chemist

iesus wrote:I would never swear that anyone could say something or not unless there are facts about that. M.S. is a politician and can say anything at different times and situations.
Well, Mr Schulz is above 60 years of age and if you check his biography, he is more likely to resign, rather, than have himself blackmailed into such a statement.

IMHO, plenty EU politicians are closer to international politics, international law, human rights, democracy, and even their peoples' welfare, than many of those at home.
Not all of them, of course, and national government politicians excluded, anyway.

Btw, I'm far away from swearing for anyone, not even for people I "know". Burn too often.
And I do for example not agree with Schulz' stance on Israeli settlement products entering the EU.
These products should, IMO, be unmistakably labelled and excluded from customs preference schemes.

Still...
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:I think this is pretty despicable. The Labour Party elected Corbyn as the leader less than a year ago.
It's certainly not helpful, and is taking the opportunity to stick the knife in. But really not the time for it.

Having said that, Corbyn was conspicuous by his absence during most of the campaign - probably because, despite nominally being on the Remain side, he was really an undecided. Not the best person to have in that position. Which leads me to:
nowayjose wrote:Corbyn reminds me of the Bursar from Pratchett's Unseen University.
Grossly unfair. The Bursar is a beloved comedy character. Corbyn has no discernible character.

But again, definitely the wrong time for a leadership challenge, just making the chaos worse. I may have said this already (or just imagined I did), but with the Tories and Labour tearing themselves apart, and the Lib Dems already relegated to the sidelines, if SNP secure and then lose a second indy referendum, they'd not only wipe independence off the political agenda for the foreseeable future, but also risk killing the party - in which case we could end up in a situation where there are no real major parties left in the UK! :eek:
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote:Is this statement true ?
The statement is likely true but probably not authentic.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:But again, definitely the wrong time for a leadership challenge, just making the chaos worse. I may have said this already (or just imagined I did), but with the Tories and Labour tearing themselves apart, and the Lib Dems already relegated to the sidelines, if SNP secure and then lose a second indy referendum, they'd not only wipe independence off the political agenda for the foreseeable future, but also risk killing the party - in which case we could end up in a situation where there are no real major parties left in the UK! :eek:
I just had a horrible thought (and apologies in advance for 'triggering') - Tories and Labour are tearing themselves apart, LibDems are a political spent force after the Con/Lib coalition, SNP only works in Scotland, which means...

...that the political field is wide open for people like UKIP, BritainFirst, and the BNP, who, if they act fast can capitalise on the wave of anti-immigrant fervour that has been whipped up, and cruise to an easy victory at the polls. We've seen time and again that when there's no-one to vote for then people vote for whoever there is, and if that someone happens to have a funny little moustache and a 50% deficit in the testicle department, then so be it.
Hank Moody
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I doubt if the statement's true at all. Regardless of "the EU philosophy", there can't be any rules broken because the EU has no say in whether or how member states make that sort of decision.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

EvilBastard wrote:I just had a horrible thought (and apologies in advance for 'triggering') - Tories and Labour are tearing themselves apart, LibDems are a political spent force after the Con/Lib coalition, SNP only works in Scotland, which means...

...that the political field is wide open for people like UKIP, BritainFirst, and the BNP, who, if they act fast can capitalise on the wave of anti-immigrant fervour that has been whipped up, and cruise to an easy victory at the polls. We've seen time and again that when there's no-one to vote for then people vote for whoever there is, and if that someone happens to have a funny little moustache and a 50% deficit in the testicle department, then so be it.
Yeah, that worried me a little too. But presumably, if the Tories and Labour do fracture, they'll still fracture into smaller parties, which their hardcore supporters will still vote for. We may end up with coalition politics becoming the norm. Or maybe they will survive after all. Even in the worst case scenario, I'm not sure BNP or BritainFirst would gain much traction, but UKIP might. And the likes of Green, Plaid Cymru and N Irish parties would also benefit.
iesus
Overbomber

Dear Sabine i am sorry if i sounded little bit in hurry in the previous post :)
was at work and writting too fast cause i had a co-worker beside me ;D
Anyway Mr.S. is what we end up to describe with the term "lamogio" after the 2008 and onwards. :innocent:
Don't believe their Bios, don't believe their books, don't trust such people. They believe that they can write the history for themselves in their favor, as they wish. They regard themselves as winners outside the borders of criticism and doubt. Guillotine was invented for such people but there are too many years off work. :urff: :kiss:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Being645
Above the Chemist

iesus wrote:Dear Sabine i am sorry if i sounded little bit in hurry in the previous post :)
was at work and writting too fast cause i had a co-worker beside me ;D
Anyway Mr.S. is what we end up to describe with the term "lamogio" after the 2008 and onwards. :innocent:
Don't believe their Bios, don't believe their books, don't trust such people. They believe that they can write the history for themselves in their favor, as they wish. They regard themselves as winners outside the borders of criticism and doubt. Guillotine was invented for such people but there are too many years off work. :urff: :kiss:
Dear Konstantinos, nice to hear you've actually got a job and are meanwhile back home on your couch ... :) ...

I'm not sure now, though, what Mr. S. you're talking about ... one Mr. S. is clearly the Black Zero itself ... :wink: :lol: ...
Anyway, I can assure you that I, for one, am absolutely NOT in for some incited crowds engaging in bloodshed
by guillotine or whatever means all over Europe in order to just destroy the EU ... ridiculous, not?

All countries are free to leave the EU, the NATO or whatever alliance. Just take the according decisions in your national elections.
If you missed to do so over the past decades ... no worries, it's never too late. And if you end up in the minority (again), then just go on and one day, maybe - dominion (most likely at the cost of some other "minority") ... like currently in the UK. Add some violence and you won't see any foreigners in your country again soon, not even as tourists. Eternal relief, isn't it. And the best thing is, you won't have to travel anymore, because in foreign coutries you're a foreigner only welcome to leave your money there for a visit in the zoo and - at an additional entrance fee - the zoo's very own gardens.
Back home you might direct your eye to the competitions again and who is first and who is last and who you are, and maybe think about a little war to improve your position in comparison ... and this way, we can repeat history, endlessly. The great human race, and for the sake of some god, even, if we please. And have a guess who profits? ... it's so boring. But what will one expect in a zoo but animals... :wink: ...
iesus
Overbomber

Aaah that animal nature :lol:
As a poet wrote:
On daze, like this
In times like these
I feel a penguin deep inside
Heel to haunch on bended knees
Living on if and if I tried,
Somebody send me... please...
Dream wars and a ticket to seem
;D :wink:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Being645
Above the Chemist

iesus wrote:Aaah that animal nature :lol:
As a poet wrote:
On daze, like this
In times like these
I feel a penguin deep inside
Heel to haunch on bended knees
Living on if and if I tried,
Somebody send me... please...
Dream wars and a ticket to seem
;D :wink:
... :lol: ... yeah, poets ...

Giving out and in
Selling the don't belong
... :innocent: ...
EvilBastard
Overbomber

And then there's this, because no event is complete with its own Downfall parody...
Hank Moody
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

boris has just ruled himself out of the tory leadership contest??????!!!!!!?? what the f**k? i mean, i dont want him as PM but he should have the courage of his own conviction surely? what a bloody mess! and what a f**king coward. not that i'm complaining; it just underlines what an utter shambles the whole brexit fiasco is. i just wish it weren't permanent and was less far-reaching.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

What? So if he didn't really want out of Europe, and he didn't really want to be PM, just what did he want out of this? Was it all about sticking it to Cameron? Does he not fancy having to face the angry Brussels mob? Or was it all a big practical joke?

I mean, the only other possibility is that he's making a sensible decision in the best interests of the party and the country - and we all know how ridiculous that sounds.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

It would/will make this second Great Practical Joke in the History, right after:

:wink:
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

What a set of spineless c*nts.
Four strings good, six strings bad