Vinyl re-issue of FLOODLAND + 3 EPs

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
darcraver
Road Kill

Any other thoughts on the audio quality on this vinyl release?
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:Finally the LP boxed set has arrived!

Fashionably late as ever, I find myself asking: What was the verdict on the vinyl?
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
robertzombie
Overbomber

Erudite wrote:
robertzombie wrote:Finally the LP boxed set has arrived!

Fashionably late as ever, I find myself asking: What was the verdict on the vinyl?
I've only listened to the vinyl once. I had no complaints, it sounded great, but I don't think it added anything that a mint original doesn't have. The box is wonderful and it's useful to be able to buy all-analogue reissues of the album and singles but, unlike the F&L&A remaster, it's not essential if you already own mint originals. The Mobile Fidelity Floodland is essential, however.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

robertzombie wrote: The Mobile Fidelity Floodland is essential, however.
Cool.
Cheers for that.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

is there a downloadable hi-res copy of this anywhere, as per the FALAA reissue? seeing as the band aren't going to profit from it i have no problem with stealing it. home-taping didnt kill music and nor will its more advanced modern counterpart. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
robertzombie
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:the band aren't going to profit from it
The less sales Rhino receives, the less inclination there is for them to reissue further Sisters material. They did a stellar job sourcing original analogue parts for this reissue and creating fresh digital transfers for the high-resolution download. It would be a shame for them to shelve potential projects based on poor sales.

Here are some legit sources: http://www.findhdmusic.com/album/floodl ... ercy/26554 :)
eastmidswhizzkid

robertzombie wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:the band aren't going to profit from it
The less sales Rhino receives, the less inclination there is for them to reissue further Sisters material. They did a stellar job sourcing original analogue parts for this reissue and creating fresh digital transfers for the high-resolution download. It would be a shame for them to shelve potential projects based on poor sales.

Here are some legit sources: http://www.findhdmusic.com/album/floodl ... ercy/26554 :)
i totally agree but they wont get my money either way. i simply dont have disposable income sufficient, not when half my money goes on travelling to see my son once a month. it doesnt matter, there are plenty of people i can get them from i'm sure.
and after all, even a year down the line a brand new copy would most likely be bought through a 3rd party on ebay or whatever so evn if i won the lottery and bought it red rhino wouldn't get a penny extra.

EDIT: seriously? those links dont even enable me to buy it and own it -just pay to download the music?? no nedia? no packaging? f**k them if thats their idea of a deal- no wonder piracy is rife.

thanks anyway Bob.

Being645
Wiki Wizard

Just to add - I find it a shame that they added only low res downloads to the vinyl versions ... phh ... :urff: ...
robertzombie
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
EDIT: seriously? those links dont even enable me to buy it and own it -just pay to download the music?? no nedia? no packaging? f**k them if thats their idea of a deal- no wonder piracy is rife.

thanks anyway Bob.
You did ask for a downloadable high-res copy...
eastmidswhizzkid

Being645 wrote:Just to add - I find it a shame that they added only low res downloads to the vinyl versions ... phh ... :urff: ...
ahh i see.... didn't realise that the hi-res were ONLY available through d/l.
robertzombie wrote: You did ask for a downloadable high-res copy...
i refer the honourable gentleman to the answer i gave above^^^ my apologies rob.

eastmidswhizzkid

i now have a copy of this :D (cheers Bro!) :von:

Pista
Cureboi

Being645 wrote:Just to add - I find it a shame that they added only low res downloads to the vinyl versions ... phh ... :urff: ...
I'm guessing the logic there is that if you have the vinyls, you have the hi-res audio in a physical form.
Typically, portable players would, given disc space limitations, utilise the lower res files.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

At last, i manage to get my copy of this :D 8)
I feel so happy :)

'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."