The "being nice to people" thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
AndyTheGoth wrote:Some do deserve a very special mention - please let me know if YOU feel left out and I will correct the "Situation" ;-)

NME
Dead Inside
so where exactly are DI and methy? is anyone on contact with either of them?

:(
Methy is on my MSN Messenger list, I last contacted him to tell him about his HL tee. He seems to be doing OK, but said he was quite busy.
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

Debaser wrote:
mayhem wrote:
Those of you who are old enough (& watched British telly in your childhood) will remember a big lady who used to appear on the Morecambe & Wise show at the very end. As I bear more than a passing resemblance I will say "And I love you all!'

She would roll on and chunter something about 'Thank you for watching me and my little show.....and I,' well you get the rest.

Coz remember, the show ain't over 'til the fat lady sings
Thanks Deb, sometimes I worry that I am the only one who remembers this stuff!

And I am not going to list my Heartland faves as I will of course forget someone.
cyn
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Gripper wrote:
cyn wrote:Ummm I'm always nice. It's my job I get paid to be nice I was born nice and I am sick and tired of being nice.
One of these days I am going to enternal combust of nice.
Never give up on being nice. If the word seems too plain, so much so that you don't like it, substitute it for all the other words which could be applied to you.

I don't know you, but maybe 'kind', 'polite', 'thoughtful', 'empathetic' or many other words could suit you when you're tired of being 'nice'?

The world has enough baddies in it. One of the things I like about myheartland is that just about all of us seem to be 'nice'.

And with that positive thought, Gripper wended his drunken way to bed.

Ok ummm I am always kind, I get paid to be diplomatic, I am sick and tired of being sweet. One of theses days a real rain will come and wash all the filth and scum off the streets. Hey that felt good.
Why don't you ask the kids at Tiananmen Square
Was fashion the reason why they were there?
They disguise it, hypnotize it
Television made you buy it
cyn
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

AndyTheGoth wrote:
cyn wrote:Ummm I'm always nice. It's my job I get paid to be nice I was born nice and I am sick and tired of being nice.
One of these days I am going to enternal combust of nice.
@ Cyn - Perhaps you try being a *cough* "Goth" for a while - soon shake you out of your "Nice" phase ;-)

Andy, I forever will be a Death Rocker. B4 there was Goth I believe we called it Death Rock. Was a way for me to escape to know I wasnt the only one in the dark pit of dispear. Beside do you remember the fashion in the early 80's *shivers*
PS Scardwel has beautiful eyes.
But who did they belong too! ;-)
Why don't you ask the kids at Tiananmen Square
Was fashion the reason why they were there?
They disguise it, hypnotize it
Television made you buy it
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

No harm done. Except to QB's bandwidth.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Thrash Harry wrote:No harm done. Except to QB's bandwidth.
i can spare it ;)

thanks for being all growed up 'n that about it, guys ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

mayhem wrote:Coz remember, the show ain't over 'til the fat lady sings

Thanks Deb, sometimes I worry that I am the only one who remembers this stuff!
I'm sadder May, I remembered her name, Janet Webb. Unfortunately the only image of her i have been able to find is this Image and this quote -
The artist does not know much about this wonderful lady except that she appeared on at least two U.K. comedy TV series some years ago. In "The Two Ronnies Show" she played a farmer's wife in a series of comedy shorts. But she is probably best remembered for her more glamorous appearances in the "Morecambe & Wise Show". She used to burst onto the stage at the very end of the show and thank everyone for watching "her" show! This portrait depicts her in one of those shows, greeted by cheers from the studio audience.

There is an online club for her fans.

I need to get out more...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

yes, you do...
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Debaser
Overbomber

I'll say this quietly because I don't want to make more of this than necessary, but apologising for being offensive isn't half as valid as being inoffensive to begin with. Inoffensive is not the same as ineffectual either. If you can not get your opinions over without offence then you need to refrain from posting until you can.

I'm still practising mind you :roll:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

'tis a fair point ness... but i thank the polite ones amongst you every day ;) :P
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

Ya ****'** pair of ******* ** *** **********!

I am jesting ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

AndyTheGoth wrote:Some do deserve a very special mention - please let me know if YOU feel left out and I will correct the "Situation" ;-)

Jansen Clone
Now I just feel all warm inside :lol:

Not to mention warm outside but the NME thing at the Refectory has left JC somewhat sweatier than he prefers. No stopping the 80s revival it would appear...

ps

@Red Sunsets

The Bowie thing still has not reached me :x

I do however have some other CDs of curious demos which might amuse in the meanwhie, non Bowie but of a 71/72/73 vintage...
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Debaser wrote:I'll say this quietly because I don't want to make more of this than necessary, but apologising for being offensive isn't half as valid as being inoffensive to begin with. Inoffensive is not the same as ineffectual either. If you can not get your opinions over without offence then you need to refrain from posting until you can.

I'm still practising mind you :roll:
Well, I was present for this particular squabble, which was rather over the top. I don't mind words, but when it involves *pictures* :urff: :urff: :urff:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Well i'm not listing people 'cause it's all really gay, But I can't say that I dislike anyone here (yes RS that includes you i guess)!

@RJ...aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww thanks babe, you're not so bad yourself y'know (s**t did I say that publicly?)
Only a paand.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Sexygoth wrote:Well i'm not listing people 'cause it's all really gay, But I can't say that I dislike anyone here (yes RS that includes you i guess)!

@RJ...aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww thanks babe, you're not so bad yourself y'know (**** did I say that publicly?)
that's another great thing about HL, I can watch a relationship between two people I've never met blossom from over 10 000 KMs away and still hear far too much about it. :roll: :innocent:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Close your eyes then <sigh>
Only a paand.