November 19: Norwich UEA, UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2016
Pista
Cureboi

You know the drill.
Tickets on sale 16th Sept, info, roll-call etc :)

Sisters onstage ~8.30pm GMT

Mainset:
More
Ribbons
Doctor Jeep/ Detonation Boulevard
Amphetamine Logic
Body Electric
Crash & Burn
Alice
Marian
Arms
Dominion/Mother Russia
Summer
Jihad
Valentine
Flood II

Encore 1:
Something Fast
Lucretia, My Reflection
Vision Thing

Encore 2:
First & Last & Always
Temple Of Love
This Corrosion
Last edited by Pista on 20 Nov 2016, 10:13, edited 3 times in total.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

so who all is thinking about Norwich? ... trying to decide between Bristol and Norwich
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

It's tricky at the moment. I'd love to do Norwich just to meet up with emily strange again. But Norwich to Bristol is a bridge too far. I also want to meet someone in the West country.

PS: Just seen Birmingham has been added as a staging post. Maybe wait a few days to see the full itinerary before deciding?
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Looking at this and trying to work out where it actually is. The UEA just means the University so it could be the old Waterfront but the ticket link says the LCR which according to Google maps is 4.4 miles from the middle of Norwich,which is a bit of a pain.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i'm tempted by this one as i've seen them there before. although the sound was very quiet (the quietest of the 3 times i saw them that tour) it is a nice small "intimate" venue and there is a wicked union bar with pool table next door where the after party was held and where we stood for ages chatting with Chris and Ben. and of course it would be lovely to see Ms Strange, natch.
however i drove there last time and i'm thinking the logistics of travelling back may be against this one.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
czuczu
Overbomber

If any of them are possible for me then its this one but it's looking unlikely as I've squandered all my brownie points on the Cure gigs..
eastmidswhizzkid

you were at norwich as well werent you Stu? that was a good night despite low sound.

EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Ticket purchased, room booked. The ones that look to be at all near the venue are booking up fast.
czuczu
Overbomber

I was! :D

't was the one with Chris rolling his eyes at Ben forgetting how to play Corrosion. It was also the one where it turned out Helen could beat everyone at pool and I'm sure I still owe Andie drinks for the drive up to Notts the next day...

If it wasn't a 2.5 hours drive each way I'd have bought a ticket for this one already :(
eastmidswhizzkid

oh yeah! the longest this corrosion chorus ever cuz they missed a verse! l :lol:

Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Due to the logistics (miles away from the station, very early start the next morning etc.), commonsense is telling me to give this one a miss and stick to my original plan of arriving at Hasselt the day before.

I'm still swithering though :lol: Who else is definitely going? Victoria, Lee, Stu, Johnny?
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I'm in. And you know you want to 8)
Andrew S wrote:Due to the logistics (miles away from the station, very early start the next morning etc.), commonsense is telling me to give this one a miss and stick to my original plan of arriving at Hasselt the day before.

I'm still swithering though :lol: Who else is definitely going? Victoria, Lee, Stu, Johnny?
Right On Venom And Revenge
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Victoria/EmmaPeelWannaBe is in... bought the tickets and booked a hotel.

I'd recommend people booking rooms early, everything near the venue was already booked up when I was looking early last week.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Victoria/EmmaPeelWannaBe is in... bought the tickets and booked a hotel.
good reason to stick to plan A Andrew :lol: :lol: :innocent:
Goths have feelings too
ROBBIE

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Victoria/EmmaPeelWannaBe is in... bought the tickets and booked a hotel.

I'd recommend people booking rooms early, everything near the venue was already booked up when I was looking early last week.
In 2006 i booked into the Holiday Inn just as the band were checking out, well everyone except Doktor Avalanche, who must have checked early. :lol:
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

ROBBIE wrote:

In 2006 i booked into the Holiday Inn just as the band were checking out, well everyone except Doktor Avalanche, who must have checked early. :lol:
Hi ROBBIE,
Is the Holiday Inn near the train station?

Thanks,
EBWB
ROBBIE

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
ROBBIE wrote:

Hi ROBBIE,
Is the Holiday Inn near the train station?

Thanks,
EBWB
The one i stayed at was out of the city centre but there is another one in the city centre near the football ground, which is close to the train station from memory.
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
czuczu
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:Due to the logistics (miles away from the station, very early start the next morning etc.), commonsense is telling me to give this one a miss and stick to my original plan of arriving at Hasselt the day before.

I'm 95% sure I'm not going, if there's a miracle in setlists then I might try and drive up on the day but otherwise I'm oot :(
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

I'm staying at the Premier Inn near the train station (hundred bloody quid) and will be getting a taxi to the venue and back I reckon.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"

we fall to rise
mikeyv
Road Kill

Yup, i will be there, cant wait
sukhoi

Anybody moving then to Hasselt, catching Eurostar departing from London at 11.04? Seems like there is a closure on train line from Norwich. Any other idea than catching very, very early bus instead?
Right On Venom And Revenge
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

It's not that far from the city and very easy to get to - it's the Uni, not the Waterfront.
A taxi costs about £8 from the city or train station. Also from the train station - buses go direct to the Uni, and also back into the city until the early hours.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:It's not that far from the city and very easy to get to - it's the Uni, not the Waterfront.
A taxi costs about £8 from the city or train station. Also from the train station - buses go direct to the Uni, and also back into the city until the early hours.
In that case I'll probably get a taxi there and a bus back.

we fall to rise
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Anyone interested in a pre-gig drink or two?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

dunno where i'll be... i always find it easier to do that in a city i don't live in!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more