Ten lords a-leaping

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Some further suggestions for well known Lords

Lord Lucan

Lord Sugar (a few cubes stuck on as a hint?)

Lord Kitchener
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Thought of all of those, but can't do recognisable models.

Clues (such as sugar cubes) and clever hints would be great for one of those puzzle pictures, but for something like this, people need to see it straight away or they'll just go away confused.

But I've now done my ten lords in their hunting finest, and am moving on to pipers and drummers.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

At least pipers can hold pipes and drummers hold drums ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Microcosmia

markfiend wrote:At least pipers can hold pipes and drummers hold drums ;D
I guess that rules out drum machines then....
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Microcosmia wrote:
I guess that rules out drum machines then....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Yep. Definitely easier to recognise.
Microcosmia wrote:I guess that rules out drum machines then....
Sorry, but I won't be making ten Doktors, er, Doktoring.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Microcosmia

stufarq wrote:
Yep. Definitely easier to recognise.
Microcosmia wrote:I guess that rules out drum machines then....
Sorry, but I won't be making ten Doktors, er, Doktoring.
Of course not and besides I'm sure your 12 drummers will be far more recognisable in any case :)
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

The Doktor's the only drummer I know of who fits in a case. :lol:
Microcosmia

stufarq wrote:The Doktor's the only drummer I know of who fits in a case. :lol:
:D :D :D

(Though some may have tried but let's not go there :) )
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Microcosmia wrote:

:lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Microcosmia wrote:

Ah yes, the famous incident of Siegfried and Roy stuffing Phil Collins in a flight case, and sticking swords in it. They claimed they were just rehearsing for their stage act, but the luggage tag confirmed it wasn't their case, and it took six airport security guards to subdue the tiger.
Microcosmia

stufarq wrote:
Microcosmia wrote:

Ah yes, the famous incident of Siegfried and Roy stuffing Phil Collins in a flight case, and sticking swords in it. They claimed they were just rehearsing for their stage act, but the luggage tag confirmed it wasn't their case, and it took six airport security guards to subdue the tiger.
You cannot imagine how much I want that to be true :D
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:I've never tried any of Eric Joisel's models, but a quick look at his old site is pretty daunting!
Well, you weren't wrong. Attempted the dwarf musician and had a nervous breakdown just doing the base! Having got that far, I will be foolhardy enough to try and finish it, but I definitely won't get thirty-three of them done in time, so it'll have to go on the back burner while I do simpler pipers and drummers (probably from the same base as the lords). Those, at least, should only take a few days.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

stufarq wrote:Attempted the dwarf musician and had a nervous breakdown just doing the base!
I hate it when that happens. There's one of Satoshi Kamiya's Dragon models that I've tried folding three times and I still can't do it. One of his weird half-sink-unsink folds and whoops the paper rips. At exactly the same point in the instructions every time.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:
stufarq wrote:Attempted the dwarf musician and had a nervous breakdown just doing the base!
I hate it when that happens. There's one of Satoshi Kamiya's Dragon models that I've tried folding three times and I still can't do it. One of his weird half-sink-unsink folds and whoops the paper rips. At exactly the same point in the instructions every time.
Must be the instructions then. That's always my excuse, anyway.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

stufarq wrote:
markfiend wrote:
Must be the instructions then. That's always my excuse, anyway.
:lol: me too
—Bertrand Russell