Von trolling us about the possibility of a new album again

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

copper wrote:"Adam dislikes digital releases."

Going with that narrative, Adam, effectively, withheld :von: from releasing music. An employee. Simply impossible. There's little doubt a written agreement exists, which very much lays out how much say Adam has over Sisters material created during his tenure.
No. Copyright law exists, and it says if more than one person jointly create a work of copyright (eg one writes the music for a song and the other writes the lyrics), then they both share equal ownership and equal rights over that work and what's done with it. So Adam can definitely stop Von releasing songs they wrote together.

(There are potential additional complications, such as publishing agreements and ownership of the recordings, which could give others a say, but it makes complete sense to believe the statement about Adam preventing digital releases is accurate.)
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

As i'm genarally agree with you, that we will never see/hear any new album - and i don't care about that - the fragment about lack of new songs by Chris und Ben nailed it. "Still" and "Arms" were in set for sometimes. One worst then other (of course, IMO thus i don't care what other have to say about it). I guess that AE knew that, and i'm guessig that because both songs were dropped from set. Not to mention that lyrics for "Far Parade" is dated to 2009.
But don't cry, at least they still trashing your favorite songs (covers!)
copper wrote: And then he had that motorcycle accident that resulted in a broken leg in 2004 or so, if I can recall from the various allusions he's made to it. It sounded like a pretty serious crash, as he, apparently, took a long while to heal. He had a long time to think about what he wanted out of life from thereon out.
That information was new to me.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

stufarq wrote:In my case it comes from going to gigs and continually coming away thinking I'd wasted my money, because all I could hear was a tuneless mumble. Most of the time I didn't even know what songs had been played, because there was just a beat and some nondescript guitar lines. This isn't Von-bashing. He's made some great records, which I still love. But I honestly feel insulted that he thinks those concerts are good enough and he takes people's money for them.
It's really strange, but the last Sisters gig I was at - Manchester Ritz last year - didn't feel like that at all. It's very subjective though.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote:
copper wrote: And then he had that motorcycle accident that resulted in a broken leg in 2004 or so, if I can recall from the various allusions he's made to it. It sounded like a pretty serious crash, as he, apparently, took a long while to heal. He had a long time to think about what he wanted out of life from thereon out.
That information was new to me.
I recall it was mentioned in a recent interview, but I do believe it may have actually been something else.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:It's really strange, but the last Sisters gig I was at - Manchester Ritz last year - didn't feel like that at all. It's very subjective though.
In fairness I haven't been for a while, but that's because I wasn't prepared to go any more, and still am not. Even when people say they've improved, "not as bad as they used to be" just isn't good enough. And the contempt they've shown their audience by being so bad for so long means I'm not prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt any more. Every other band I go to see can deliver time after time, so why is it so hard for Von? For me, the Sisters were a great 80s band.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Trump won so...start working Eldritch!
Waclimino
Road Kill

Yeah. Double album, please.
One CD dedicated to Trump victory and the other being a collection of songs that were played live but unreleased over the years.
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

Depprocksfarfar wrote:Trump won so...start working Eldritch!
:twisted:
Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

One blinding flash of sense? :von: :innocent:
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
Dan
Overbomber

Depprocksfarfar wrote:Trump won so...start working Eldritch!
Yeah Von, don't disappoint us, Make The Sisters Great Again.
Elystan
Amphetamine Filth

I can't wait
Shadaloo
Road Kill

Taking a seat at the table and smiling a s**t-eating grin.

It would be too good to be true.
---
It's not stealthy when it's parked on your lawn!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

don't want to vomit in anyone's kettle but it aint gonna happen kids. until i hold it in my hands i aint gonna get excited......

.....but when it does..... 8) :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Eldritch seems to be taking it in his stride:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl- ... day-110916
Four strings good, six strings bad
Silver_Owl
The Don

Norman Hunter wrote:Eldritch seems to be taking it in his stride:

:lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Microcosmia

Well, whatever about a new album, I wonder given his known leanings would he even consider re-recording the Vision Thing track in time for "the inauguration" ...... :D
eastmidswhizzkid

Norman Hunter wrote:Eldritch seems to be taking it in his stride:

:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:

iesus
Overbomber

That guy in the pic looks like :von: :lol: :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
eastmidswhizzkid

Microcosmia wrote:Well, whatever about a new album, I wonder given his known leanings would he even consider re-recording the Vision Thing track in time for "the inauguration" ...... :D
If we could wave a magic wand but only with enough nagic in it to get Eldritch to record just one vocally-perfect song (there's a thread topic i dont recall seeing) for me it would have to be summer.

EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Dominion would work as well. I think we're all meeting the fear that lies inside these days.
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
Microcosmia

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Dominion would work as well. I think we're all meeting the fear that lies inside these days.
Not forgetting Mother Russia. :innocent:
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Well I hope Trump starts living up to his reputation pretty soon as "Grab Her By The Pussy" isn't a great album title.

I'd still buy it of course. Maybe not by supporting my local record store, definately an online purchase. :innocent:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I'd "settle" for a U.S. tour (with a venue or two very near me) as a consolation prize for the election outcome... :innocent: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
eastmidswhizzkid

adarkadaptedi wrote:I'd "settle" for a U.S. tour (with a venue or two very near me) as a consolation prize for the election outcome... :innocent: :von:
just move here Sinnie .....before next week.