HU October issue...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Hope a bit of self publicity is allowed boss! :wink: Whilst waiting for the next one to arrive (Sisters and Abridged) I also do this. The Honest Ulsterman, a literary mag started at the end of the 1960s and had in its day Seamus Heaney etc in it. Have been doing the online version for a couple of years. The latest issue is online now...Tis free to read. Hope you enjoy it! :)

www.humag.co
The Chancer Corporation
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

abridged wrote:Hope a bit of self publicity is allowed boss! :wink:
I'm not the boss but it's fine by me 8)

I'll have a read when I'm not supposed to be working :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
abridged wrote:Hope a bit of self publicity is allowed boss! :wink:
I'm not the boss but it's fine by me 8)

I'll have a read when I'm not supposed to be working :lol:
:lol: Was proofed in a Lemsip haze so hopefully there aren't too many typos! :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Some interesting articles there. Particularly liked the one on Kavanagh (Not an Ulsterman). It's news to me that the stony grey soil of Monaghan is outside of Ulster.... :D

(Incidentally, what of the Honest Ulsterwomen...? :D )
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Microcosmia wrote:Some interesting articles there. Particularly liked the one on Kavanagh (Not an Ulsterman). It's news to me that the stony grey soil of Monaghan is outside of Ulster.... :D

:lol: Think Monaghan, Cavan and Donegal were ahem the forgotten part of Ulster as it was defined then. Ah the people that set it up were all guys and for the first decade at least women were a rare sight in its pages. Has changed a bit for the better in that regard hopefully.
The Chancer Corporation
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

abridged wrote:
Microcosmia wrote:Some interesting articles there. Particularly liked the one on Kavanagh (Not an Ulsterman). It's news to me that the stony grey soil of Monaghan is outside of Ulster.... :D

:lol: Think Monaghan, Cavan and Donegal were ahem the forgotten part of Ulster as it was defined then. Ah the people that set it up were all guys and for the first decade at least women were a rare sight in its pages. Has changed a bit for the better in that regard hopefully.

Good to hear that's changed. I have some Ulsterwomen as ancestors and they were said not to be behind the door in the honesty stakes :D
Being645
Wiki Wizard

abridged wrote:Hope a bit of self publicity is allowed boss! :wink: Whilst waiting for the next one to arrive (Sisters and Abridged) I also do this. The Honest Ulsterman, a literary mag started at the end of the 1960s and had in its day Seamus Heaney etc in it. Have been doing the online version for a couple of years. The latest issue is online now...Tis free to read. Hope you enjoy it! :)

www.humag.co
Nice! And really interesting to me ... :D :notworthy: ... thank you for the hint and link!