!!Media alert!! Spellbound. The John McGeogh Story

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

On 6Music at 1am GMT, 22nd November
But it'll be available to listen to for a month.
It's a repeat, but worth a listen nonetheless.
Another chance to hear the story of John McGeoch, one of the most innovative and influential guitarists of the new wave era.

Born in Scotland and raised in Manchester and London, John McGeoch was described as the "post-punk Jimmy Page", a man with an experimental, uncompromising and unique style.

He was a distinctive player who could conjure up dramatic riffs and sounds. He performed with no fewer than nine bands, including Magazine, Siouxsie and the Banshees and Public Image Ltd.

Pete Mitchell talks to Howard Devoto, Siouxsie Sioux and Johnny Marr among others, as he shines a light on the short life of this unsung guitar hero.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It always jars a bit to read musicians described as "unsung heroes".
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:It always jars a bit to read musicians described as "unsung heroes".
I'm quote pleased when they refer to guitarists as "unsung" anything - with the exception of St. Lemmy Of Head, guitarists shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the damn mic! 8)
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

nice heads up bro. i f**king love the banshees. :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: