GW17 -Deadline Saturday 17th December, 11.30am

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote: Well you won your H2H game :)
Yup. won 3 lost 3 I think. Mid Table M...
I really want to see something happen though, not just putting in safe solid points on the board stuff.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

bearskin wrote:
Pista wrote: Well you won your H2H game :)
Yup. won 3 lost 3 I think. Mid Table M...
I really want to see something happen though, not just putting in safe solid points on the board stuff.
Safe solid points are a Good Thing in the pot-luck orientated world of fantasy football, keep 'em coming!
Pista
Cureboi

I got a message from Ems last night who is on her way to spend the festive season with Mr Strange's folks asking if I could post the scores on the doors. I said no....... Not really, I said I would, so here comes.....
You paying attention at the back?
Good.

It was a close run thing in the FPL classic, but with a 12 point margin, the EIB snatched the win to take them 30 points ahead overall. :notworthy:
Just as Chelski still top the premier tree, Nikolas Vitus Lagartija's Damage Dunfermline once again take the Image :notworthy:

The Image this week goes to eastmidswhizzkid's Eastmids Whizzkids with a whopping 72 points :notworthy:

The classic table looks a bit like this..

In the H2H, the IGM grabbed a hard fought 3 point win to nudge them ahead overall :notworthy:
This week, the Imagesettles with Planet Dave's Toluca Lake United who secured a total of 42 points :notworthy:

& going into the xmas weekend, the table looks like this (just imagine it with glitter & snow okay?)

Well played again everyone & thanks for hosting the GW :notworthy:
I'll be back with a linky to GW18 asap :D

edit: GW18 is now up & running :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Given that the leagues on the FPL site are wrong, would there be any chance of the correct one being posted so we know what's what? I appreciate that this is extra ballache for you guys but it's proper annoying not having a clue what the score actually is. Just a thought, feel free to say 'nah that'd be a total ballache, work it out yerselves using this handy calculation...'.

Good luck over the Xmas madness everyone. Let's enjoy watching the EIB crumble under the weight of expectation that comes with being top at xmas, hehe.

Huge huge thanks to Pista and Emily S for keeping a breached ship afloat, cheers :notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

Planet Dave wrote:Given that the leagues on the FPL site are wrong, would there be any chance of the correct one being posted so we know what's what? I appreciate that this is extra ballache for you guys but it's proper annoying not having a clue what the score actually is. Just a thought, feel free to say 'nah that'd be a total ballache, work it out yerselves using this handy calculation...'.

Good luck over the Xmas madness everyone. Let's enjoy watching the EIB crumble under the weight of expectation that comes with being top at xmas, hehe.

Huge huge thanks to Pista and Emily S for keeping a breached ship afloat, cheers :notworthy:
I'll have a go Dave.
The classic league is correct, so it's just the H2H that's confusing a lot of folks.
I'll see if I can make a copy & remove real names.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Righto, here's the H2H table sorted into order.
What we had to do is take the MKII table & add those scores to the scores from GW11 (our baseline).

bearskin (Oliver's Army) was able to let us have his scores as of GW11 so we could slot him in & then nobody loses any points they had previously made :)
The classic table is correct, as all teams had been in one league or another since the start of the season, so no need for any extra calculations there :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

I should have 11,287 points, I beat everybody 27-0
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Cheers Steve :notworthy:

Team name of the season has to go to Satan Orient :lol: :lol: :lol:
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

Planet Dave wrote:Cheers Steve :notworthy:

Team name of the season has to go to Satan Orient :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sheeeesh hope Paul won't see that, he already thinks he's funnier than me.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

AVERAGE has been on a terrible run of late, having been second in the table at one point, looking like the FPL equivalent of the riderless horse that ghosts up to win the Grand National.
Pista
Cureboi

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:AVERAGE has been on a terrible run of late, having been second in the table at one point, looking like the FPL equivalent of the riderless horse that ghosts up to win the Grand National.
I'm playing in a predictor league this season & we organised a cup competition. To make up numbers we have "blanks" in the fixtures lists (similar to AVERAGE).
Thing is with the predictor league, you can score negative points depending on how off whack your predictions are. The blanks are effectively players with randomly generated predictions.
We're down to the last 8 at the moment from about 3 dozen & one "blank" is still in it! :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Cheers, Steve. Has been a hectic week, but am safe in the bosom of the inlaws.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Pista wrote:
The Image this week goes to eastmidswhizzkid's Eastmids Whizzkids with a whopping 72 points :notworthy:
;D
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Pista wrote:eastmidswhizzkid's Eastmids Whizzkids
That's some top notch poetry right there! :lol: :notworthy:

Not gonna be anywhere near a PC tomorrow so picking my team today and hoping none of them cry off between now and Monday. A belligerent voice in the ether would no doubt prophesy disaster ;D

@GOD - couldn't possibly comment cos I know neither of you, but what's your team called, we can take it from there....
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

I'm GOD, they are all my teams!!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

GOD wrote:I'm GOD, they are all my teams!!
mine isn't. mine either belongs to DOG or it's what happens when you mix floor-cleaner with brimstone and mainline it into your 3rd eye.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: