Rick Parfitt -RIP

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Bugger.

One of the first dates with the Mrs was to a Status Quo gig, she was/is a massive fan. She was surprised I knew all the words and so was I. I've now seen them more times than I've seen the Sisters. I'd say he was a great entertainer more than a rocker but he always picked it up a bit when he played the early 70s stuff.
Pista
Cureboi

Boy, 2016 just won't stop will it?
:(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

f**k. poor f**ker had his daughter taken from him, drowned in a paddling pool at the age of 3, to balance and maybe blame on the cocaine rock star life he lead- that always made me ponder "the price".
i could say that i wasn't the biggest quo fan but it was their "12 gold bars" album that introduced my mum and me to music heavier than the beatles, and that lead almost directly to my love of rock, metal, the sisters and therefore being who i am today.

RIP rick :(
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
scotty
Overbomber

Never my favourite band but thier good songs were classics. Sorry to see him depart.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:f**k. poor f**ker had his daughter taken from him, drowned in a paddling pool at the age of 3, to balance and maybe blame on the cocaine rock star life he lead- that always made me ponder "the price".
i could say that i wasn't the biggest quo fan but it was their "12 gold bars" album that introduced my mum and me to music heavier than the beatles, and that lead almost directly to my love of rock, metal, the sisters and therefore being who i am today.

RIP rick :(
12 Gold Bars, got for Christmas when I was no more than 10 years old. What a DOUBLE album, what a loss.
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Oh hell ... :( ...

I remember them playin' at the aula of our suburban school in the 70s ... with everybody sitting crosslegged, headbanging
and fairly drunken or otherwise intoxinated on the floor ... one of the first great nights out on British Rock ... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...

With time, I found their music not so very interesting, but nonetheless ... Image Rick Parfitt ... :( ...
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I was never a huge fan of Quo but I went to see them in 77 with a couple of mates who were mad keen.
Wonderful live band. But what stays in the memory most was the enthusiasm of the crowd.
It wasn't just the folk at the front but it was front to back and side to side. All of Bingley Hall bopping up and down.
A sea of hair and denim moving in time. I have never been at a gig with such total fanaticism. It was like being at a Nuremburg Rally sponsored by Levi's.
RIP Rick Parfitt
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives