Rarest items

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

so... what are the rarest Sisters items in the following categories

Audio - Vinyl, CD, Cassette

Visual - DVD, VHS etc

Print - Fanzines. official Sisters publications, Sisters guide to brevity

Clothing - T-Shirts and underwear

Miscellaneous - Tea Towels, Slippers and Bedspreads
abridged
Slight Overbomber

I've never seen anyone else with the Sisters Warhol Soup Can Cross T-Shirt. Sold back in the day by The Reptile House. I have one and am sure others have but in all these years have never seen another one.
The Chancer Corporation
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

Do please post photo/link to the suggested artifacts
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The rarest official vinyl is surely the Damage Done 7". Limited to 1000 copies, many of which were unsold and (supposedly) are still in the possession of :von:

(Although I'm sure that someone will come back and tell me that there's a rare Venezuelan pressing of Floodland of which only three were pressed or something)

However there are a metric f*cktonnne of bootleg vinyls that are limited to ~50 copies or fewer. Whether you're interested in those or not is a different question.
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:The rarest official vinyl is surely the Damage Done 7". Limited to 1000 copies, many of which were unsold and (supposedly) are still in the possession of :von:

(Although I'm sure that someone will come back and tell me that there's a rare Venezuelan pressing of Floodland of which only three were pressed or something)

However there are a metric f*cktonnne of bootleg vinyls that are limited to ~50 copies or fewer. Whether you're interested in those or not is a different question.
Damage Done is rare for sure, but This Corrosion 7" (South African) press is definitely more rare and obscure. I doubt they ever pressed more then 500 copys of that single.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Being645
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote:The rarest official vinyl is surely the Damage Done 7". Limited to 1000 copies, many of which were unsold and (supposedly) are still in the possession of :von:

Yeah, Greek bootlegs limited to 200, 100, 88, 50, 30, 25, 24, 20, 10, 5 or 1 items ... or to 25 this month and 50 the next month, including 7", 10" and 12" box sets, A5 CD box sets and digipack CDs and flexis coming with photos, shirts, badges, coasters, tote bags, puzzles, pendants and other trash showing pictures and logos copied from anywhere on the web ... ... and other producers are learning ... a real flood of "rarities" ...

These are no real Sisters items.

How many were made of the lovely Sisters Zippo lighter on the other hand? In brushed chrome and midnight chrome ... *sigh ...

Image ..... Image ..... and then this sad copy ... Image
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i have a set of colour photographs, mostly from the Leicester Mr Kiesa's gig in march '85, with a few from leicester uni 84. i was sold these for a couple of quid back in the late 1980's. they were taken by an audience member using a pre-digitial camera and they aren't on the internet anywhere ( -yet. i will share these on HL when i eventually aquire a scanner)
they were sold me in the envelope/packet that they came back from the developers in (though without the negatives) and although it's possible that someone printed more than one set off, i was told they were one-offs by the seller - a guy i trusted simply because he wouldnt have dared cross me.

i have another larger, B & W picture from that gig that was taken by a professional photographer, a girl who i dated briefly in 1987. when she gave it to me she said that no other copies of that were ever printed so that is actually unique.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
spartacus mills
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:s.

How many were made of the lovely Sisters Zippo lighter on the other hand? In brushed chrome and midnight chrome ... *sigh ...

I used to have the midnight chrome one! Sadly lost...
eastmidswhizzkid

Drsisters wrote:

Damage Done is rare for sure, but This Corrosion 7" (South African) press is definitely more rare and obscure. I doubt they ever pressed more then 500 copys of that single.
surely acetates/test pressings would be more limited in number?

eastmidswhizzkid

the brass vision thing belt-buckles only exist in very small numbers. i believe they were made as corporate ppromotional gifts for executives etc in the music biz. they are probably all owned by HLers now. :von:

Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Drsisters wrote:

surely acetates/test pressings would be more limited in number?
Yeah, but they aint "official" pressings for the wider audience :P
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Being645
Above the Chemist

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:the brass vision thing belt-buckles only exist in very small numbers. i believe they were made as corporate ppromotional gifts for executives etc in the music biz...
This one .. ;D ...

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:... they are probably all owned by HLers now. :von:
where they belong ... 8) :wink: ...
Swinnow
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:How many were made of the lovely Sisters Zippo lighter on the other hand? In brushed chrome and midnight chrome ... *sigh ...

I had the brushed chrome version, was swiped off my table in the pub down the road from the London Forum gig in the early naughties. Damn!!!
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
eastmidswhizzkid

Being645 wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:the brass vision thing belt-buckles only exist in very small numbers. i believe they were made as corporate ppromotional gifts for executives etc in the music biz...
This one .. ;D ...

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:... they are probably all owned by HLers now. :von:
where they belong ... 8) :wink: ...
damn straight. :von:

Being645
Above the Chemist

Swinnow wrote:
Being645 wrote:How many were made of the lovely Sisters Zippo lighter on the other hand? In brushed chrome and midnight chrome ... *sigh ...

I had the brushed chrome version, was swiped off my table in the pub down the road from the London Forum gig in the early naughties. Damn!!!
spartacus mills wrote: I used to have the midnight chrome one! Sadly lost...
Oh I wish I had ever had one, but they were too expensive for me at the time. And nowadays ... very hardly seen ... *sigh ...

AND I AM STILL A SMOKER ...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

I picked up the lightbulb from THAT photo for £50.00 once. That's fairly rare I guess.
Goths have feelings too
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:I picked up the lightbulb from THAT photo for £50.00 once. That's fairly rare I guess.
:lol:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
paint it black wrote:I picked up the lightbulb from THAT photo for £50.00 once. That's fairly rare I guess.
:lol:
Absolutely ... :lol: :lol: ...
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: surely acetates/test pressings would be more limited in number?
I had a Leeds Underground white label but I don't know where it is now, haven't seen it for years... :roll:
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
Swinnow wrote:

spartacus mills wrote: I used to have the midnight chrome one! Sadly lost...
Oh I wish I had ever had one, but they were too expensive for me at the time. And nowadays ... very hardly seen ... *sigh ...

AND I AM STILL A SMOKER ...
totally agree. still smoking. still not having that holy grail of zippos
Dan
Overbomber

bearskin wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: surely acetates/test pressings would be more limited in number?
I had a Leeds Underground white label but I don't know where it is now, haven't seen it for years... :roll:
Can you remember what it sounded like? (I mean what genre, if it sounded Sisters-like or more like SSV, etc.)
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:

Yeah, Greek bootlegs limited to 200, 100, 88, 50, 30, 25, 24, 20, 10, 5 or 1 items ... or to 25 this month and 50 the next month, including 7", 10" and 12" box sets, A5 CD box sets and digipack CDs and flexis coming with photos, shirts, badges, coasters, tote bags, puzzles, pendants and other trash showing pictures and logos copied from anywhere on the web ... ... and other producers are learning ... a real flood of "rarities" ...

These are no real Sisters items.

I like the 3 of them.

For me the holy grail is the WEA Box set (black and white)

Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
Being645
Above the Chemist

Lucky you ... :lol: ;D ...

some other Sisters Zippo lighter with a logo like on this shirt does exist as well ... :wink: ...