GW19 - Deadline 19.00 Friday 30th December

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Welcome to a GW that straddles the New Year - commiserations to Watford and Spurs players who have to KO at 13.30 on Sunday, and to Arsenal and Crystal Palace who only get two and a half hours longer than that. Miserable gits who arranged that. Man City at least get a nearly home fixture on Saturday even if it is a later KO.
Here in the Batcave, things are slowly getting back to the usual. The smell has gone, the clientele have stopped shedding glitter and our Christmas jumpers are now on their way to the shed in case Steve gets cold. Never say that IGM aren't generous. We're giving away as much turkey/tofu curry as you can eat. Sorry.
So, with Swansea without a manager, Coleman and Giggs out of the picture, Bournemouth may fancy a big win away. So might Everton, though they're prone to slip up when the moment takes them. Will Leicester struggle even more? Klopp bulldoze City? Anyone take a proper penalty?
Walker is suspended, if you've got him. Waiting to see if Ibra has finally hit his groove so we can shove the triple captain points on him. Alli and Eriksen are hot at the minute too. Scout spots - Carroll, Firmino, Heaton and Mkhitaryan. Remember that the deadline for the first Wildcard is almost on you!
Oh, and Aguero is due back in this GW. Just saying.
Transfer window is also due to open. Watch that space.

As Steve has said over there, IGM are back on form, but not by much. Exciting times!

And

Well played to the Roker Roar, Toluca Lake United and Oliver's Army. Pretty pictures to follow. At my mum's and in a hurry!
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Pista
Cureboi

Hidehi everyone :D
Our neighbours started complaining about the smell from the burning xmas jumpers. It was those sequins I tells yer!
Looks like a feast of games on the telly this week :)
Count me in for some of that curry please. I get some poppadoms on the go, although last time I made some, smoke happened :eek:
Right. Now to read what the scout has to say...... & then do the complete opposite :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

ImageImage
In the land of the BRA be Image ... Image

;D
IGM looks in good form Image :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Pista
Cureboi

Haha.
I recognise those smilies :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

iesus wrote:ImageImage

;D
:lol: :notworthy:
As well as being easy points (at the moment) he's clearly the best thing to stride all colossus-like across the Old Trafford pitch since Eric, there really may well be another King in town. I dunno how he manages to operate in his own timezone, but he does.

Squeezed Miki into my squad at the expense of a shaky defence and a scouse midfielder who's playing left back anyway, do you score bonus points if you get away with being half a mile offside no matter how spectacularly you project the ball goalwards? You ought to. Good luck IGM 8)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

played "bench boost" purely for the f**k of it as i have an uninjured squad. i thank you.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:
iesus wrote:ImageImage

;D
:lol: :notworthy:
As well as being easy points (at the moment) he's clearly the best thing to stride all colossus-like across the Old Trafford pitch since Eric, there really may well be another King in town. I dunno how he manages to operate in his own timezone, but he does.

Squeezed Miki into my squad at the expense of a shaky defence and a scouse midfielder who's playing left back anyway, do you score bonus points if you get away with being half a mile offside no matter how spectacularly you project the ball goalwards? You ought to. Good luck IGM 8)
Just had a quick look at the upcoming fixtures and could easily see United doing a Chelsea and winning the next six or seven games, which could even put them back in title contention.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Just had a quick look at the upcoming fixtures and could easily see United doing a Chelsea and winning the next six or seven games, which could even put them back in title contention.
It's certainly plausible, Mikhitaryan is like having a new signing (as in we just bought him 2 weeks ago) and the rest are clicking nicely, but top 4 is good with me. It's all good, 20-odd years of (initially) unexpected success sits very nicely in this red head, it's impossible to get too arsey about not winning stuff all the time. I've more than a few reservations about the manager too, all of which would be sorted by a little Sehnsuchtian surgery, but that's neither here nor there. It's nice to see a bit of urgency on the pitch again, but they need to do it to top 5 teams and in Europe to really make a statement worth making.

(just checked the Rammstein cover to make sure I was making sense - his mouth's been barbed-wired open not shut, no no no that's not the idea at all!)

Oh yeah and congrats to bearskin, happy now Sir? :notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

I've (prolly rather recklessly) flashed my WC this week.
So I have a largely different group of players that I can be utterly disappointed by :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave wrote: Oh yeah and congrats to bearskin, happy now Sir? :notworthy:
Much better. I'd rather get 80+ or under 20 than a dull 40 every week.
Historically my teams are late bloomers anyway, so here's to a great 2017.
bearskin

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: As well as being easy points (at the moment) he's clearly the best thing to stride all colossus-like across the Old Trafford pitch since Eric, there really may well be another King in town. I dunno how he manages to operate in his own timezone, but he does.
I was making this point to my mate Steve on Christmas Day exactly. He's a ManUre fan. I said I thought that Ibra would carry them to the title this year.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: Just had a quick look at the upcoming fixtures and could easily see United doing a Chelsea and winning the next six or seven games, which could even put them back in title contention.
I take it you mean Leeds United? We are on a decent run...[/b]
Pista
Cureboi

Thankfully I had no players up tonight.
Nice game though
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

I did. A nice 10 points from snodgrass.
bearskin

emilystrange wrote:I did. A nice 10 points from snodgrass.
Good lad. He learnt his skills at the Mighty LEEDS.
I see him going somewhere like Everton in the January Transfers...
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Oi! Norwich had him too!
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

A good week to bring in Cahill :)
Pista
Cureboi

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:A good week to bring in Cahill :)
I think if Grant had got behind that ball, he'd have been in the back of the net with it.
Interestingly, Grant is the 5th most transferred IN player this week. After shipping 6 goals in his last 2 matches & against Chelski today. :eek:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

lol
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

:D

blimey, GWs are turning round quick, innit? we finish the Arsenal game tomorrow not much before 6, and we're back at Middlesborough for 12.30 KO on Monday.
Anyone need more nibbles?
ROBBIE

emilystrange wrote::D

Thanks for the kind offer but points would be better :lol:
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote::D

blimey, GWs are turning round quick, innit? we finish the Arsenal game tomorrow not much before 6, and we're back at Middlesborough for 12.30 KO on Monday.
I just whipped up a bowl of prawn crackers :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i don't do points, just look at where i am in the table ;D

i've got some ritz crackers and salt and vinegar chipsticks!
bearskin

Am on the whisky now. :P
Pista
Cureboi

I see Tony Adams has dressed as a ...well....not sure really
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

that's a lot better than a lot of things footballers wear!