what was your first "proper" gig

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
mh
Above the Chemist

Oh Jesus I can't remember.

I remember seeing loads of utterly crap local bands in the 80s; there was a legendary song that some local nutter had written called "The Motorbike Song" and they all seemed to have their own cover version of it. No big names for sure. Nor medium nor small, either.

Then there was Metallica in full-on puppet-show mode. And I'm certain there was stuff in-between but I've no idea what. :oops:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

[quote="mh"]Oh Jesus I can't remember.

I can't forget :lol:

Chris de Burgh. My friend brought a bunch of us to celebrate her 14th birthday.

I'll get me coat :oops:
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

well started going to concerts and festivals when i was 11 or 12, probably the first biggest was Monsters of Rock in Budapest , 1991, i was 13, saw AC/DC, Metallica, Motley Crue and Queensryche. will never forget. the only time i saw Motley before the last tour now. AC/DC and Metallica, saw them more during that period when I was growing up
Dan
Overbomber

Siouxsie And The Banshees (supported by The Scientists) - Bradford St. George's Hall, Oct 1985.
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Marc Almond and The Willing Sinners....London Royalty Theatre 3rd April 1987...remember it well cos I slept rough in St Pancras Station afterwards
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

Peter Frampton supported by Gary Wright(ex Spooky Tooth) at Manchester Belle Vue in 1976.
Just before the Clash, Pistols, Ramones etc changed me for ever!!!!!
:lol:
trying to be the person my dog already thinks i am......
bearskin

21st April 1982
The Dome, Brighton
The Cure

followed swiftly by

May 17th 1982
Top Rank, Sheffield
'So What' Tour featuring Chron Gen, The Defects, Chelsea and The Anti Nowhere League
czuczu
Overbomber

First band I saw was Runrig, with someones spare ticket. First ticket I bought was for Eurythmics.

... Chris De Burgh is also on my list of shame.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

First proper-proper gig that i was about to attend was Ozzy O. But f**ker crashed himself on that quad. I learned about that accident and cancelation of gig when i was about to buy ticket. I was when frigdes and washing machines weren't on-line. But i can't remeber my first proper gig. Probably some dogdy Polish hip-hop as i went to graffiti jam, probalby 1999-2000. I rember that i left place, as i was so boring. But it was proper gig, profesional putside stage, lights and sound.
Alex66

Iron Maiden at the Rainbow Theatre end of 1980 and it was recorded as a video that was on the YouTube thing but only bits now so;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-kn6OqS49U
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

I went with my mummy years ago to see Barry Manilow. Does that count? :lol: :lol:
Kutan

Accept on the Restless & Wild tour, Fürth Stadthalle, spring 1983. I didn't tell my parents that I had an exam the next day...