Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Wiki
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #176  Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
Being645 wrote:
<Could you try editing one of the pages and re-embedding them?>

OK, I'll try out the instructions given under
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EmbedVideo again.
Didn't work before but might work with the updated extension.

But not now. I gotta leave in a minute and be back only in the evening ...

< - Stats: that's a pain. Let me know if you find an alternative plugin.
Otherwise, the wiki does have google analytics installed so if you want to know
what people are looking at I could always give you access to that? >

That's at least something. Not really the same, though, because it's not visible to everyone ...
but I guess it would it enable me to go on with my pretty list, at least? ...
https://sisterswiki.org/Talk:Current_events

I'll need an email address that's registered with google to add you. Your usual .de address doesn't seem to work.

I don't have one. And I won't get one as it takes a mobile phone to create a google email account.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #177  Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe then, if possible, we might just install the hit counter extension and let it start counting anew?
And/or maybe it's a good idea to contact the developer of the current extension?
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:EmbedVideo

As to the vids ... if I determine dimensions and add the container info "frame" ... it looks almost like before ... and like I have to revise them all accordingly ...
https://sisterswiki.org/Basement_Demos_1982

... but there is still no space to the text or the lists ... or between the videos themselves when they are listed horizontally.
In the above Basement Demos page I used "&emsp;" to create that distance, but that does not work in the vertical outside such a list...
https://sisterswiki.org/Sun,_20-Nov-2016

I also tried the h1,h2,hx tags ... and they ultimately create an entry within the toc ... so that is no alternative ... Wink ...
Anyway, I'm not exactly a master in hmtl - or anything ... So if you should know any other, better way to create larger font subheads to the purpose desired,
I shall - of course - absolutely gladly follow your suggestions ...
Dan
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #178  Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:
I don't have one. And I won't get one as it takes a mobile phone to create a google email account.

That's not true. I have several gmails and don't own a mobile phone. Whenever it asks me to input a phone number (for verification purposes) I always skip that part.
Swinnow
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #179  Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

True that, I have two gmail accounts and the last thing I'd do is give google my number.

JFT96 - Never buy The S*n
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #180  Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

... Surprised Surprised ... ok, then I shall try again ... Wink ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #181  Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT:
It worked ... Mr. Green ... you don't even have to give them any sort of real name ... Mr. Green ...

Thanks, Dan and Swinnow for the hints! ... We are not worthy! We are not worthy! ...

So the SistersWiki does have an email-address now ... sisterswiki at gmail dot com ...
Swinnow
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #182  Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it's not quite the last thing I'd do lmao.

Glad it worked, your endless work on the wiki is much appreciated Being645, thank you.

JFT96 - Never buy The S*n
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #183  Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^^^^
Wot he said We are not worthy!

BTW, I edited the email addy in your post. Last thing you want is for a bunch of kitchen bots & Middle East tour agents filling your inbox with cr@p Wink
TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #184  Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
^^^^
Wot he said We are not worthy!

BTW, I edited the email addy in your post. Last thing you want is for a bunch of kitchen bots & Middle East tour agents filling your inbox with cr@p Wink

Oh yes! That is surely for the best ... Laughing ... Thank you, Pista !!! ... We are not worthy! We are not worthy! ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #185  Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:
Maybe then, if possible, we might just install the hit counter extension and let it start counting anew?
And/or maybe it's a good idea to contact the developer of the current extension?
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:EmbedVideo

... also started thinking about the possibilities of installing the hitcounter and - once it has settled -
manipulating it by filing in the most recent figures at least for the content pages ... Twisted Evil Mr. Green ...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #186  Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ Being645 - you should now be able to log in to Google Analytics and see how people are using the wiki Cool

if you've never used GA before, have a read through some of this stuff: https://analytics.google.com/analytics/academy/

it's super-powerful and way better at telling you which pages people are looking at.
the cake is a lie

Last edited by Quiff Boy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #187  Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Google Analytics works ... Very Happy ... very extensive analyses ... Mr. Green ...

Thank You!!! ... We are not worthy! ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #188  Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This view shows clearly that the wikimedia fonts were "optimised" mainly for Firefox/Ubuntu users ... Surprised ...
while according to the great Google Analytics tool only 1,36% of the people who visit the SistersWiki use Linux ...
An
Road Kill

PostPost #189  Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Again, Sabine, really very appreciated what you´re doing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: