Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
You Could Be The One
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ageofmaya
Banned

PostPost #26  Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're right guys! Very Happy
Why fight for the Sisters' songs or their causes; for better or for worse?!?

The point is here, that he sounds already disillusioned, and she is going to be disillusioned; so what's good about that!? He even didn't bother much with music, seems to me, like he wanted to underline that point of disillusionment.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #27  Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ageofmaya wrote:
You're right guys! Very Happy
Why fight for the Sisters' songs or their causes; for better or for worse?!?

The point is here, that he sounds already disillusioned, and she is going to be disillusioned; so what's good about that!? He even didn't bother much with music, seems to me, like he wanted to underline that point of disillusionment.

"She" ? I don't think it's necessarily a she on the other side, especially given recent revelations on Christian churches and their approach towards kids worldwide ... Wink ...

Anyway, to me the song is all about luring someone into abuse ... and yes, underlined with appropriate music and singing ... Laughing ...
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

PostPost #28  Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still convinced (in a not-so-bothered kind-of-way) of the theory I posted elsewhere on this forum some years ago that YCBTO is the "other side of the conversation" to Stevie Nicks' "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" (from which YCBTO clearly steals its riff and guitar twiddlings). Especially since Nicks was such a hippy, fond of all that mystic stuff.
VonOben
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #29  Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've really started to enjoy YCBTO lately, mostly by reading the lyrics and not listening to the song. It is cynical beyond beleif, "I'd agree to any stupid new-age things just to f**k you".

In the past I found the song so horrible I never really reflected on the lyrics.

And, yea... I kind of... identify. It wasn't me...
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #30  Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never really got that sense from it.

The "threatened species they adore me" line in particular is absolutely ridiculous, so I would view it as more a case of Von saying "I would invent stupid new age stuff and then boast about it; you know it's absurd, I know it's absurd, and each of us knows that the other knows, but I'm doing it anyway".

I've always said it's the flipside of More. More is Von the wounded yearning romantic (who yet acknowledges that at least half of it is a sham: "learning to cry for fun and profit"), YCBTO is Von the piss-artist, and you need both sides to understand the full picture.
VonOben

PostPost #31  Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:

"I don't like the rest, your sign's the best. Whatever it is I'm most impressed."

How could you not?

In a way it's SKOS's sister. Same topic, different levels of cynicism.
Swinnow
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #32  Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, to me it's a throwaway song, and I like Da Mish lol

JFT96 - Never buy The S*n
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #33  Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

VonOben wrote:
mh wrote:

"I don't like the rest, your sign's the best. Whatever it is I'm most impressed."

How could you not?

In a way it's SKOS's sister. Same topic, different levels of cynicism.

agree, say anything to get a shag... of course i'll still love you in the morning**

** wtf is this heffer doing in my bed
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #34  Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The "threatened species they adore me"

von foresaw the death of the goths... accepting he still remains a goth even now
VonOben

PostPost #35  Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

paint it black wrote:
The "threatened species they adore me"

The things one would say to get an animal rights activist girl into bed...
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #36  Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess the main difference is that I see Von as being the active participant, even the instigator, rather than being passive/reactive.

That's pretty much what I was trying to say above, but in far fewer words.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: