Hello and Thank You - Very Long Post

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Sultan2075: Who would have thought the day would come for a Heartland country music thread? Much to all the others' chagrin, I'm sure. Heh heh heh. Though the cowboy hat emoji request is very Von 84-85 relevant. Steve Earl is such a funny motherf*cker. Love his interview parts in Be Here To Love Me.
Zacharias
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Wow. First I was afraid of "will this be worth the read?", "am I too hungover to be able to concentrate on this rant". It was splendid and I'm almost completely in agreement with you. Thanks for putting everything in such words.
Welcome to the forum!
Burning 'cross the breeze.
iesus
Overbomber

I will not lie. I didn't read the whole post but the part i read was interesting :D
Welcome to HL.
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Zacharias: Hello and thanks for the warm welcome.

iesus: Hi. Happy you read it at all.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

hi Emily, welcome to Heartland. and yes, i did read the whole post. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Hello Eastmidswhizzkid. Appreciate it, truly.
sultan2075
Overbomber

UniversalRinging wrote:Sultan2075: Who would have thought the day would come for a Heartland country music thread? Much to all the others' chagrin, I'm sure. Heh heh heh. Though the cowboy hat emoji request is very Von 84-85 relevant. Steve Earl is such a funny motherf*cker. Love his interview parts in Be Here To Love Me.
On the assumption that this is the semiofficial Heartland country music thread:

The new Chris Stapleton record just showed up in my iTunes. I'm 2/3 of the way through it, and I think it's pretty great. I haven't really absorbed it, other than the three pre-release tracks, but I like it very much. His voice is quite amazing. Apparently there's a vol. 2 in the near future. Looking forward to it.

--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hey I always said that goth and country share a lot of musical vocabulary - it's not for nothing that Johnny Cash used to be the Man in Black...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Swinnow
Overbomber

I thought it was mostly the hats and the boots, or was that just Rose Of Avalanche?
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Sultan2075: I'll check it out this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend and Swinnow: Don't need hats to be goth as f**k

UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Sultan2075: Had a listen to the new Chris Stapleton. I dug it. Lots of Willie and Neil Young influences in his songs. Sounds like the guy loves Otis Redding too. The Skynyrd-y stuff kinda grates, but I get his whole Southern rock and blues outlook.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:hi Emily, welcome to Heartland. and yes, i did read the whole post. :von:
^ Got nothing else to do lol :wink:
Goths have feelings too
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

I have a Jon Langford book/CD combo which is an homage to country. Anyone else got it?
Goths have feelings too
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

paint it black wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:hi Emily, welcome to Heartland. and yes, i did read the whole post. :von:
^ Got nothing else to do lol :wink:
if only that were true. :?
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Now that's a proper introduction! Freakin' A!
Haven't been around the heartlands much lately, but great to see cool people still finding the way over here.. and to the music we all love(d) so much...
I've read the 1st half and will read the rest later as I need to get some work done first :lol:
...the fact that I was listening to the Gun Club's 1st album when I found your post makes me think there's no such thing as pure coincidence, hah!
in dub we trust
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Hello radiojamaica. Nice to meet you and thanks for the hospitality!