Trailblazers - Gothic Rock

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Just seen that this program 'Trailblazers - Gothic Rock' is going to be on Sky Arts 1 tonight at 3.00am BST.

Thought i'd stick this here in case those of a more gothic persuasion may be interested in watching? :innocent:

It may or may not feature The Sisters Of Mercy, if it does, just don't tell Von! :wink: :von:

(I think it may have been on before, so you may have already seen it, so again apologies if this is repeat stuff)
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Still says 3am for me - that must be UK time, 4am in t'europe :D
Pista
Cureboi

Charlie wrote:Still says 3am for me - that must be UK time, 4am in t'europe :D
Ah. That's make sense. :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for the heads up :D
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Get up early or go to bed late?
Goths have feelings too
Pista
Cureboi

paint it black wrote:Get up early or go to bed late?
DVR or...ahem........ a torrent site :innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

It was on before, I have it still in the planner. Just watching it again now after seeing this post to jog my memory. Mentions of The Sisters and Sex Gang Children as the 2 most iconic bands that epitomised Goth at the time (from Mark Musolf if I'm not mistaken). I missed the first 6 mins though so there may have been more before that.
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

15 mins to go and The Sisters have been namechecked half a dozen times but yet to be played (unless they were on in the first 6 mins)

ETA just got Dominion excerpt :)

ETA again briefest clip of a Wayne interview
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

They were on at the beginning briefly, they played This Corrosion clip and talked about how they denied being goth.

Doktor Avalanche was also briefly discussed during Dominion clips.

Made me chuckle that during the interview with THAT Guitarist , they had the choir intro from This Corrosion playing in the background, coincidence or deliberate :innocent:
:lol: