Dont you hate it when....

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

mugabe wrote:
Thrash Harry wrote:My argument is that correcting someone's spelling/ grammar on a chat forum is just plain rude.
IMHO, not bothering to put in the little extra effort it takes to check your messages before submission is being rude to your fellow board members, who actually have to read them, in a "my time is more valuable than yours" kind of way.

This is a BBS, not a chat, btw. Even after having scrolled off-screen, postings remain for others to spend their time reading.
So sorry I have wasted your, and anyone elses time.

As you all know I dont give a sh*t..so dont fukken read my posts.

When is this gonna stop??????????

Really it's gotten out of hand...and until you and you know who you are.... can cease and decsist.....ha ha ha yeah I spelt it wrong to p*ss you off...

I'll be with Big Si..in the weeding thread.

Good Bye.

Oh and one last.. FO
James Blast
Banned

Drink BeeP?
I have a very nice Ozzie Shiraz on the go you are more than welcome to share.
Currently Listening to - The Strawbs-(Just A Collection Of) Antiques And Curios.

Let us fly above these things, shoot the breeze and generally have a good exchange :D on Heartland.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Lol BB..

You are entirely correct..pour me a tall. chard.

X
BP
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

mugabe wrote:
Thrash Harry wrote:My argument is that correcting someone's spelling/ grammar on a chat forum is just plain rude.
IMHO, not bothering to put in the little extra effort it takes to check your messages before submission is being rude to your fellow board members, who actually have to read them, in a "my time is more valuable than yours" kind of way.

This is a BBS, not a chat, btw. Even after having scrolled off-screen, postings remain for others to spend their time reading.
The point is that they don't know that they've got it wrong, so how are they gonna correct it? And what's more, they don't give a damn. So why do you waste your time and ours pointing it out?
Go to sleep now, Francis.
James Blast
Banned

Drink Thrash?
BP and me have already started...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Thrash Harry wrote:
mugabe wrote:

The point is that they don't know that they've got it wrong, so how are they gonna correct it? And what's more, they don't give a damn. So why do you waste your time and ours pointing it out?
'

OK.. drunk.. and i have andrew on vcd, sorry he's writhing...

get a god damned life.

I am not gonna change cuz any one is grammar police.

Go away, let us alone,..Or I Will start my own thread....

the ungramatical.

ha..dont push me. I will do it and it will be the most populat thread on this board,.

Smile.
Planet
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Watch...and see.
James Blast
Banned

wot u MEan Blak Planit?

taik mee wiff u..

... wen u goe!
~ Peter Steele
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

LMao..

oh you got it... well I will do it...X

I have had enough pms from folk who are just tired of it all.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Red Sunsets wrote:Drink Thrash?
BP and me have already started...
Drunk, Sunsets. Morrisons have Oranjeboom on "buy one get one free". Gives me a hell of a hangover, but I have all morning to recover, after all. As for the people leaving and getting all het up, it's not supposed to be that serious, surely? Christ, if you can put up with all the sh!t Eldritch throws your way...
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

yes we are the same susanne. Harry do you have the vid?
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Which vid?
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

the susanne vid.
Last edited by Black Planet on 09 Feb 2004, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

The susanne vid? Is that an official release? And what time is it where you are, BP? Too early to be that drunk, surely? Mine's a pint of whatever you've been drinking. Barman Blast!
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Thrash Harry wrote:The susanne vid? Is that an official release? And what time is it where you are, BP? Too early to be that drunk, surely? Mine's a pint of whatever you've been drinking. Barman Blast!
Harry I will send it to you along with all the ohter vids I hav.

Jee hon,,, you are missing out.

BP
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

I look forward to it. Thankyou.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Harry,, I will send you the vids i have.

Planet..
Big Si
School Bully

Black Planet wrote: So sorry I have wasted your, and anyone elses time.

Really it's gotten out of hand...and until you and you know who you are.... can cease and decsist.....ha ha ha yeah I spelt it wrong to p*ss you off...

Good Bye.

Oh and one last.. FO
One of the reasons why I left the forum BP :kiss: , a lot of the fun's gone from Heartland. Oh, and please bring a bottle of vodka to go with my cranberry juice :D

Any ideas as to what I could weed next?
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Y'all need to chill, fo' real.

I'm an editor, ffs, and even I think this grammatical one-upmanship has gotten out of hand. Honestly, if the misusage of language is really such a problem for you, the very last place you should be is the internet. Everyone makes mistakes, some more than others, but I'm not getting paid to correct you people so misspell and be merry, or damned!!!

No need to take it so seriously.
James Blast
Banned

CorpPunk wrote:Y'all need to chill, fo' real. No need to take it so seriously.
Thank you CorpPunk, let us now draw a veil over all this bad blood.

The drinks/Milky Bars are on me! :wink:
~ Peter Steele
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

Does it REALLY bloody matter that much?

I find atrocious grammar & spelling irritating (I teach English & Latin, so after being a miserable pedantic cow 5 days out of 7 I can't switch it off) but I'd be the first to admit that that doesn't entitle me to sneer at it in other people.

Not everyone finds mastery of the English language to be an effortless process - if someone CAN'T spell/punctuate/use grammatical conventions 'correctly' & they're sensitive about their 'language blindness', then correcting them unasked is rude & offensive - & if conversely they couldn't give a s**t, it's entirely pointless.

That said - if the grammatical pedants amongst us want to score points off each other, in a 'good natured banter' type fashion, then bloody let 'em: it's harmless enough, surely? As is conducting a personal conversation on a message forum in fluent Pished - it's a free speech thing...
Queen of the mean!
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

You would.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Big Si wrote:
Black Planet wrote: So sorry I have wasted your, and anyone elses time.

Good Bye.

Oh and one last.. FO
One of the reasons why I left the forum BP :kiss: , a lot of the fun's gone from Heartland. Oh, and please bring a bottle of vodka to go with my cranberry juice :D

Any ideas as to what I could weed next?
I have missed you Si. Yeah alot of the fun is GONE. And I am sorry that you and ATG./.. and Pikkrong are gone,...I could name more names..like Dahlia..and Jim................

cough..........

I miss all of you!!

Well, I will just add you to my PM list,....and we will have fun that way... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Until; the s**t leave and we can come play with Andy and his cran vod mix again,..... Oh and ... Weeding rules.....Ha!@ :D
Big Si
School Bully

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... highlight= :wink:

Lets bring the fun back and sod the gramma fashists! :twisted:

(how many mistakes have I made in the sentence above? :lol: )

Barman Blast! Get me a Guinness!
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Black Planet wrote:And I am sorry that you and ATG./.. and Pikkrong are gone,...I could name more names..like Dahlia..and Jim................

cough..........

I miss all of you!!
Yeah, those were the good ol' days, weren't they?